Status
Not open for further replies.

babyboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
To my fellow cloth diapers users. I would really like to start wearing my diapers more, but the issue is when I go out and about, dealing with the used wet diapers. I know for baby diapers they have wet bags, but the question is what size should I get for a wet bag, I would assume it should be able to hold 2 (maybe 3) wet diapers.

So
1) What size wet bag should I look for
2) where would you buy

Great question! I also would like to know info on wet bags.

I have two, I got both from ebay. I use these at home though and they hold maybe 8 for an every other day wash. While one’s being filled, the others in the wash with the diapers.
I too have been looking for a smaller one for out and about. Maybe for holding 2.
My favorite is a “Planet wise” brand with kind of a drawstring top.
I may try an Applecheeks travel one but the size is hard to judge.

What about large zip-lock bags from the grocery store? I've used them at home just to get rid of disposables.

drawer: I am looking at https://www.planetwiseinc.com/planet-wise-large-wet-bag.html how many diapers do you think that would hold. Heck how many would the small and medium hold? What size do you have? And how many does it hold?

dogboy: the idea is to have something we can reuse and not to have to buy over and over again. Some of us do it because it cheaper, some because they want to protect the environment. Some as Waste not Want not. I personally want to get 2 or 3 as I do a load of diapers every other day and hang dry them, so when I get home I would like to just just dump the wet bag into my diaper pail and be done with it.

I was looking too. I am so glad you posted this.

it is a good idea to have a product like that for bigger diaps, they pile up quick and then dont age well

babyboy said:
To my fellow cloth diapers users. I would really like to start wearing my diapers more, but the issue is when I go out and about, dealing with the used wet diapers. I know for baby diapers they have wet bags, but the question is what size should I get for a wet bag, I would assume it should be able to hold 2 (maybe 3) wet diapers.

So
1) What size wet bag should I look for
2) where would you buy

Ecoables has some wet bags for sale, you can choose a print as well and is a decent size.
http://ecoable.net/large-wet-bag-for-cloth-diapers-and-laundry-storage/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
babyboy said:
drawer: I am looking at https://www.planetwiseinc.com/planet-wise-large-wet-bag.html how many diapers do you think that would hold. Heck how many would the small and medium hold? What size do you have? And how many does it hold?

dogboy: the idea is to have something we can reuse and not to have to buy over and over

The biggest one on that page might hold 5 is my guess, the med one maybe 2? Small one is too small imo.
Mine might be a discontinued ‘vintage’ one, its 24” wide and 20” deep. It holds 8-10 depending on what they are, pockets, inserts, fitted’s or covers. It varies. I think its actually a pail liner wetbag. I need to do more research myself!

drawer said:
babyboy said:

dogboy: the idea is to have something we can reuse and not to have to buy over and over

The biggest one on that page might hold 5 is my guess, the med one maybe 2? Small one is too small imo.
Mine might be a discontinued ‘vintage’ one, its 24” wide and 20” deep. It holds 8-10 depending on what they are, pockets, inserts, fitted’s or covers. It varies. I think its actually a pail liner wetbag. I need to do more research myself!

Thanks for the info, sounds like I would want a medium as it will be for when I am out and about, and I don't see myself going though more than 2 diaper changes when out.

babyboy said:
drawer said:
Thanks for the info, sounds like I would want a medium as it will be for when I am out and about, and I don't see myself going though more than 2 diaper changes when out.

Just carry two 2gal freezer ziploc bags and you'll be fine. You can even put your fresh diapers IN the bags to start with, to protect them and keep them clean before they get used.
I'd also suggest packing a (black) kitchen trash bag (13gal) rolled up and tied in the roll with a twist-tie. Useful for discrete disposal when you need to walk a ways in public to get from the stall to the trash can.

bambinod... he’s not throwing away the cloth diapers, just trying to bring them home to wash lol

bambinod said:
Just carry two 2gal freezer ziploc bags and you'll be fine. You can even put your fresh diapers IN the bags to start with, to protect them and keep them clean before they get used.
I'd also suggest packing a (black) kitchen trash bag (13gal) rolled up and tied in the roll with a twist-tie. Useful for discrete disposal when you need to walk a ways in public to get from the stall to the trash can.

I am not worried about people seeing me with the diaper, once I change my CLOTH diaper I am not throwing it away, I will be putting it in the wet bag to bring it home so I can wash it and reuse the diaper. That the great thing about cloth diapers yes a stack of diapers will cost about 400 to 800 but (my stash has cost me 700 between Happy Endings and EcoAble diapers), I can use it for 2+ years, instead of paying 200+ a month on disposables (heck at the high end the cloth diapers pay for themselves in about 4 months, factoring in cost to wash the diapers, and this if you want to go full or near full time diapered) plus they have better designs then disposables.

Just look at these pictures for some of the prints I have on my cloth diapers (the blast off diapers are my favorit, I only have 7 of them, but want to get more. I have 4 of the cat diapers and 3 of the world diapers. I have 13 more diapers from Happy Ending diapers. Now tell me would you want to throw one of those cute diapers away, or would you want to wash it and reuse them?
velcro+adult-+blast+off.jpg

velcro+adult-+map.jpg

velcro+adult-+cats.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back