Neurology - Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pongoandperdi15

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So I got a letter out of the blue to telling me I had a neurology appointment. So feeling quite glum I attended it with the usual feeling of this is just going to waste my time however I soon ate my words when he actually took a deep interest in my case. He really took a thorough look through my file and asked me all my symptoms so I've been suffering with an inactive bladder for three to four years now with other symptoms which I had assumed were associated like constipation, pins and needles in my toes fingers and cheeks, shooting pains however having left today it seems like they all could be separate problems some spanning from anxiety, some from the way I walk and we'll the incontinence part well I don't have an answer to that one.
Anyway he basically did a few tests and said to me it's not something serious like MS which was a massive weight off my mind, he did however say he wishes to run a few tests on my nerves not sure what they involve and that he has every confidence he can get to the bottom of this and that there is a potential (don't see how given it doesn't tell me when it's full) that I could basically be potty trained again.

Now my question I forgot to ask was after four years of wearing a nappy and using ISC what realistically is the chance of me even gaining slight control because while I was optimistic about what he said I'm also slightly doubtful. So I wondered has anyone had any experience of loosing bladder sensation then somehow regaining control or has anyone ever been re potty trained. I have to seriously strain to even think about peeing but I've been assured there is no obstruction however the lack of sensation I'm not sure how that can be overcome.

Ask your doctor about bethanechol. It does the opposite of relax your bladder. It stimulates the bladder to make it more active. It is prescription only, but I've heard good things about it for people with underactive bladders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back