Status
Not open for further replies.

ozziebee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi All,

I went to see a Professor of Urology on Friday, to discuss potential reconstructive surgery. He's going to admit me for day surgery on Wednesday, to do another Cystoscopy under GA, with urethral dilation, and examination for planning the reconstruction in about 3 or so months time.

In the meantime, he prescribed me a drug called Betmiga (Mirabegron). Anyone here taking that and care to share side-effects? I went to see my GP today about the possible side-effects (constipation, dizziness, high blood pressure, fluid retention). Doc suggested I talk these over with the Prof on Wednesday, and suggested this may just be an attempt to get the urge pain under control until the main surgery.

I'd started taking it Friday afternoon. Yes, it took the painful urges away, but replaced the urges with other problems. With my urges, I'd get releases of drops up to about maybe 200ml or so. Since Friday night, I've not been experiencing constant urges, but now a single urge on standing with flooding of well over 200ml, so my nappies are leaking and I get wet pants. This is not acceptable, especially in a work environment. It's very hard to start a wet whilst lying down in bed, or elsewhere - I've been relying on gravity these past few days, which is not right.

It also looks like the Prof wants another UroD study before the reco surgery too. So, fun times ahead.

I'm home from this latest admission - cystoscopy and dilation. The plan was to allow the Professor to plan for how to do a reconstruction.

Well, it seems I have no strictures, but do have a kink at the top of my urethra at the bladder. Bladder itself looked ok too. No reco needed. I don't need to see him again, and have been referred back to my original Urologist, who will re-attempt the UroDynamic study.

I'm so confused now. My symptoms are so confusing, as they come and go. In the two months leading up to the UroD study, my flow was getting slower and slower, urges more and more frequent and painful. After the UroD, I had decent flow on and off, but bigger urges with more pain. I took one tablet of the Betmiga, and that all changed, no urges, but requiring gravity to get going, with floods and wet pants. Those frequent urges came back only in the last couple of days as the Betmiga wore off. Today in the hospital I didn't pass much water, but the flow seemed ok.

If the UroD study comes back normal, I think I'll just go into a corner and cry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back