• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

New ABDL enthusiast

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddytugger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Hi everyone, I've come to be a new ABDL enthusiast. I love it! I switched to a new therapist this year to one who is more trauma focused. When I realized that my childhood abuse must have begun as an infant, I decided to let go of some of my repressed wishes to act like a baby.

Even before that, I'd often fantasized about getting my wife to induce lactation so I could breastfeed again (I did sometimes while she was lactating previously, though it wasn't entirely "mommy" play, and certainly not from her perspective.) I had heard in the past about the Tykables store being in the news, which happens to be not far from where I live. However, it wasn't until recently that I realized that they make baby diapers for adults and I really got the itch to try it out. I remember being angrily chastised and insulted by my father for putting on my younger brother's diapers when I must have been four or five. Later, I once as a young teen/preteen babysat for my mom's friend who had a kid in diapers and took one for myself and enjoyed using it. After that, I just repressed the idea I guess.

Anyhow, I love it and I brought it all up with my wife over the past few weeks as part of some new openness on my part. I asked for a huge teddy bear from Vermont Teddy Bear company for my birthday; and I can't believe how nice it is. I started wearing the Rearz Safari diapers, which I absolutely love. They're so thick and fluffy and I love wearing them wet. I got a pacifier which I now sleep with and a really soft baby blanket. I'm truly in heaven.

The only trouble is, while my wife is way more accepting than I think most could be, especially since she's so vanilla about many things herself, she really doesn't want to be my "mommy." I have been really clear that I'd love her to play that role as well as tell me my diapers are cute, etc. but she's sadly not willing, even though I told her it's fine for her to pretend she finds it cute even if she doesn't think so.

Anyhow, it's all new, so hopefully she'll grow to embrace it more and/or I'll lose interest. Either way I love it right now and am going with it.

Last edited:
teddytugger said:
Hi everyone, I've come to be a new ABDL enthusiast. I love it! I switched to a new therapist this year to one who is more trauma focused. When I realized that my childhood abuse must have begun as an infant, I decided to let go of some of my repressed wishes to act like a baby.

Even before that, I'd often fantasized about getting my wife to induce lactation so I could breastfeed again (I did sometimes while she was lactating previously.) I had heard in the past about the Tykables store being in the news not far from where I live, but it wasn't until recently that I came upon the fact that they make baby diapers for adults, that I really got the itch to try it out. I remember being angrily chastised and insulted by my father for putting on my younger brother's diapers when I must have been four or five. Later once as a young teen/preteen babysat for my mom's friend who had a kid in diapers and took one for myself. After that, I just repressed the idea I guess.

Anyhow I love it and I brought it all up with my wife over the past few weeks. I asked for a huge teddy bear from Vermont Teddy Bear company for my birthday; and I can't believe how nice it is. I started wearing the Rearz Safari diapers, which I absolutely love. They're so thick and fluffy and I love wearing them wet. I got a pacifier which I sleep with and a really soft baby blanket. I'm truly in heaven.

The only trouble is while my wife is way more accepting than I think most could be, especially since she's so vanilla about many things herself, she really doesn't want to be my "mommy." I have been really clear that I'd love her to play that role as well as tell me my diapers are cute, etc. but she's sadly not willing, even though I told her it's fine even if she doesn't think so.

Anyhow, it's all new so hopefully she'll grow to embrace it more and/or I'll lose interest. Either way I love it right now and am going with it.

Hello there. Welcome to ADISC. This community is very helpful, and respectful. We are always welcoming people to this community. It's awesome to hear that you enjoy it and because you enjoy it you should definitely go with it. I have wanted to try the safari diapers, I hear they are pretty good. But once again welcome, If there is anything any of us could do to help out don't hesitate to ask.

Weclome Teddytugger. You are so lucky to have such a accepting wife even if she doesn't want to play mommy for you. Hope you are able to find acceptance and good advice and ideas here on how to enjoy your ABDL side even more.

Thanks everyone; it's funny though. I'm typically so willing to look at the positive, but I think with this, maybe because it's so personal, I feel myself wanting her not just to accept it but to embrace it as part of me and to reinforce it. I know this isn't realistic, but I so want her to pat my diaper when I'm wearing it and other "encouragement." I have ambivalent feelings about it all; I recognize that I'm really lucky that she isn't running away freaking out or making demands that I don't do this, but it's hard being left wanting so much more from her. I have similar problems with kinky stuff in bed; she goes along with some of the stuff, somewhat begrudgingly, which is again better than what most vanilla partners might do, but I'm left feeling like we could be having so much more fun together playing around with all of this.

That is totally normal. We all wish everyone loved what we do as much as we do, be it a TV show or an alternative lifestyle. Have you tried asking her what she wishes you were more enthusiastic about? Maybe you can lead by example and show her how much better it is when you really get into her interests. Certainly not a guarantee it will have the desired effect but at worst you make her happier by being genuinely interested in her interests.

Thanks Northerner, that's great advice. In my case I know I could do a better job listening to her work stories. In the meantime I did share how I feel alone and as if she's not accepting of this, which I think turned out to be a good conversation. She was under the impression she was accepting of it, but I pointed out that telling me I have to hide it from her isn't exactly accepting, it's more like tolerating. Shortly after that, she agreed to a modest but meaningful step that is off topic for these forums, but it was a really nice gesture.

I can tell she's kind of repulsed by it, which I can totally understand. Honestly, the idea of seeing other grown men besides myself dressed in diapers causes a similar visceral reaction in me as well. I'd love to be able to go to the Chicago convention next year but I do worry I'll be freaked out because of this. I can't be alone in this, right? Probably best for a separate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back