Weird Moments With Others

Status
Not open for further replies.

kik91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was reminiscing and I started wondering... have you ever had awkward and weird moments with others when they know about your ABDL side? I was just talking to a friend and then I recalled this weird thing that happened to me...

So, it was like 8 months ago. I was finishing up diapering up with an ABU Space, but my sister and my mother have the terrible tendency of never knocking when they walk into a room. Any room.

So they saw me with nothing but a diaper and a t-shirt. So, my sister looked at me from head to toe and said something like "I haven't seen you were those like that before. Interesting"

And my mom was grinning madly.

So... short story: They made me model my diapers for them!! I swear they say "turn around" and I just did, blushing, as they examined me in diapers.

That was weird!

I havent had any moments like that because I am not open about my ABDL side with my family, they know (or at least I think they all know, but my mom is the only one that asks about it) but they aren't so intrusive into my room like that (I have my own room and diaper up in my own room, preferably without anybody else around, but at least without my mom around as she seems the most curious about it).

BabyTyrant said:
I havent had any moments like that because I am not open about my ABDL side with my family, they know (or at least I think they all know, but my mom is the only one that asks about it) but they aren't so intrusive into my room like that (I have my own room and diaper up in my own room, preferably without anybody else around, but at least without my mom around as she seems the most curious about it).

Yeah, I imagine. It was a work and process with my family. You can call that moment sort of a "rite of passage". I did feel a little more comfortable to wear openly after that. And yeah, the "not knocking doors" thing is a recurring theme in my family. Bad habits die hard.

Not too many to speak of.

Most of the friends who know about this side of myself seldom bring it up out of respect or simply because they don't want to talk about it.

I do have a friend who has teased me about it on a few occasions. I think I mentioned it in a previous thread, but one day I went shopping with this friend and she playfully grabbed my rear and asked if I was wearing. She has also called me several babyish nicknames and has asked me if I was going to diaper up and regress on a few occasions when she dropped me off after a day out.

Another friend I have made a comment once a long time ago when we were playing video games. I was very nearly close to beating him at something when nature called. I paused the game and told him I was heading to can to which he replied "What, you're not wearing today" or something to that effect.

So yeah, a few awkward playful moments with some friends who know, but nothing too weird :)

Poofybutt said:
Not too many to speak of.

Most of the friends who know about this side of myself seldom bring it up out of respect or simply because they don't want to talk about it.

I do have a friend who has teased me about it on a few occasions. I think I mentioned it in a previous thread, but one day I went shopping with this friend and she playfully grabbed my rear and asked if I was wearing. She has also called me several babyish nicknames and has asked me if I was going to diaper up and regress on a few occasions when she dropped me off after a day out.

Another friend I have made a comment once a long time ago when we were playing video games. I was very nearly close to beating him at something when nature called. I paused the game and told him I was heading to can to which he replied "What, you're not wearing today" or something to that effect.

So yeah, a few awkward playful moments with some friends who know, but nothing too weird :)

Nice!! I'm glad that you have such cool friends!! Yeah, the thing with my family is always weird. Sometimes the degree of acceptance from the scares me. It's much easier to be baby when I'm with my best friend tho!

I'm out to my mom about this stuff, and while she never brings it up, I like making funny little comments.

Not too terribly long ago, she was complaining about me still having Lego in our spare bedroom, I think saying something like ''You're 25 and still have Legos!'' So I shot back, ''I'm 25 and still wear diapers!''

Then earlier this week, she was saying how my first-cousin-once-removed should start potty-training her son (my first cousin-twice-removed), who recently turned three. I was prepared for this.

''Well, he's got plenty of time. I mean, I'm 25 and... He might end up like me!''

I'll admit he's at the age where potty-training should have started, but he's a fellow autistic so I predict it may be problematic.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
I'm out to my mom about this stuff, and while she never brings it up, I like making funny little comments.

Not too terribly long ago, she was complaining about me still having Lego in our spare bedroom, I think saying something like ''You're 25 and still have Legos!'' So I shot back, ''I'm 25 and still wear diapers!''

Then earlier this week, she was saying how my first-cousin-once-removed should start potty-training her son (my first cousin-twice-removed), who recently turned three. I was prepared for this.

''Well, he's got plenty of time. I mean, I'm 25 and... He might end up like me!''

I'll admit he's at the age where potty-training should have started, but he's a fellow autistic so I predict it may be problematic.

You're my hero.

I'm usually very, almost paranoidly protective of my secret, but I've had an encounter once, that was really weird.

I was riding on the underground, wearing a rather thick diaper, when I was approached by a young couple, and they just bluntly asked me, why I'm wearing a diaper. Luckily, I had enough self control and only blushed severely, but calmly answered something like "None of your business". They both then claimed to be ABDLs and said they are wearing, too, just for fun and left after I refused to discuss anything. And sure enough, both were thickly and visibly diapered.

kik91 That was their attempt to embarrass you. Your sister was bound to do that, simply because she's your sister. However, your mother was pretty much trying to shame you against doing it again. My mother did the same thing: she locked me outside and took pictures through the door, then showed them to everyone, calling me a faggot and a retard in the process. What you do is your business. However, if I may give a piece of advice: buy a doorknob that locks.

GeraldRoss said:
I'm usually very, almost paranoidly protective of my secret, but I've had an encounter once, that was really weird.

I was riding on the underground, wearing a rather thick diaper, when I was approached by a young couple, and they just bluntly asked me, why I'm wearing a diaper. Luckily, I had enough self control and only blushed severely, but calmly answered something like "None of your business". They both then claimed to be ABDLs and said they are wearing, too, just for fun and left after I refused to discuss anything. And sure enough, both were thickly and visibly diapered.

Too bad you didn't overcome your reluctance, and have a chat. I think many of us would have reacted similarly, but, isn't this what we are all looking for, here, and elsewhere, someone else like us?

I know I'd kick myself for not overcoming my basic shyness about my diapers, and trying to learn more. It's why I'm here.

Jamieboy said:
Too bad you didn't overcome your reluctance, and have a chat. I think many of us would have reacted similarly, but, isn't this what we are all looking for, here, and elsewhere, someone else like us?

I know I'd kick myself for not overcoming my basic shyness about my diapers, and trying to learn more. It's why I'm here.
Well, no, I'm not really looking for real life ABDL acquaintances just now. Especially a couple. I'd be burning with jealousy every minute.

For me one person would be enough. Well, not just some person. Understanding mother won't do (although if she could understand ABDL, my life would have been a million times easier). An understanding girlfriend isn't enough, either. Only a girlfriend, who wears herself (for whatever reasons, be it health, fun, convenience – doesn't matter) and is supportive of ABDL (in case of wearing for medical issues, for example) can be that person.
Unfortunately. Because I've never meet such person in rank life yet.

Starlight99 said:
kik91 That was their attempt to embarrass you. Your sister was bound to do that, simply because she's your sister. However, your mother was pretty much trying to shame you against doing it again. My mother did the same thing: she locked me outside and took pictures through the door, then showed them to everyone, calling me a faggot and a retard in the process. What you do is your business. However, if I may give a piece of advice: buy a doorknob that locks.

Ooookay. Starlight99, I'm sorry that happened to you. I really am.

Trust me, they weren't trying to shame me or embarrass me. They love me and they accept me for who I am. They would NEVER EVER hurt me or embarrass me for me being me. They always encourage me to be myself. They don't care if I wear diapers, and they don't care if I like to behave like a baby. They've told me, they've showed me. Their love is unconditional.

I am so sorry that what happened to you marked you to the way you'd think other people are like that.

I was hanging out with my best friend at his house, putting back a few brews ( I have spilled the beans to him about me wearing) and I simply said “ going to hit the head” and he jokingly said don’t expect me to change you bro” I gave him a friendly fist to his shoulder and kindly told him to fuck off. His response “just giving you a hard time buddy, you know I don’t care” . While no harm was meant we did stand there for a minute in a bit of awkward silence until he said let’s go shoot some darts bud.

As I followed him to throw some darts he said do you still need to piss or have you taken care of that already . I again gave him a shove and said I’ll be back got to drain the snake. It’s nice to know he doesn’t judge me and doesn’t treat me too differently except for the rare quip of a comment.

cannaboy88 said:
I was hanging out with my best friend at his house, putting back a few brews ( I have spilled the beans to him about me wearing) and I simply said “ going to hit the head” and he jokingly said don’t expect me to change you bro” I gave him a friendly fist to his shoulder and kindly told him to fuck off. His response “just giving you a hard time buddy, you know I don’t care” . While no harm was meant we did stand there for a minute in a bit of awkward silence until he said let’s go shoot some darts bud.

As I followed him to throw some darts he said do you still need to piss or have you taken care of that already . I again gave him a shove and said I’ll be back got to drain the snake. It’s nice to know he doesn’t judge me and doesn’t treat me too differently except for the rare quip of a comment.

In personal experience, I love when my friends tease me about it. It makes me know they're comfortable and accepting. You friend sounds like that. You should have followed the joke when he said "don't expect me to change you bro". You should have replied with "But I already have a clean diaper for you to change me!"

It would have been funny haha

My parents know, but my mom is against it, and my dad doesn't care and wishes to act as if it doesn't exist. So I hide everything I can, and if i slip up they just ignore what ever they saw.
My mom is against it because she is scared it will effect my life negatively in finding a wife and in business if I was ever discovered. She still loves me, so it's not that bad, but wish she was ok with it. She is right tho it wouldn't go over well in my area if people found out.
Only person besides my parents that knows IRL is a cousin who is fine with it, I told them tho after they told me their secrets.
My other friends said that they are fine not knowing if I was ab, but if they found out I was they probably wouldn't want to talk with me (wich is probably a lie, but just a way of saying it be really awkward) - got that data by showing them images on 4chan of ab's (they frequent the 4chan boards)

Uhh uhh!! I recalled one!! I was in the living room sucking my thumb and watching The Lion Guard when my dad came in. He just looked at me and rolled his eyes as if saying "Why am I not surprised?" It was funny.

No one I know knows. (Though I am thinking about letting a friend or two in on it.) Personally, if I had friends that knew, I wouldn’t mind if they made occasional jokes about it. It is odd and that’s what I expect.

Scamander14 said:
No one I know knows. (Though I am thinking about letting a friend or two in on it.) Personally, if I had friends that knew, I wouldn’t mind if they made occasional jokes about it. It is odd and that’s what I expect.

Yeah, letting people know is a huge relief. Specially if they're friends like that. My second best friend teases me about my diapers and baby side all the time haha. It's all good humor.

Yeah, the people I’m thinking about coming out as AB to are really good friends. One knows I like girls and guys. We lived in a dorm for six weeks and it didn’t bother him. The people I’m thinking of coming out to know that I’ve been in a hospital before for a suicide attempt and self harm. I definitely have to see what they think of odd stuff like the AB/DL scene.

kik91 said:
Yeah, letting people know is a huge relief. Specially if they're friends like that. My second best friend teases me about my diapers and baby side all the time haha. It's all good humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back