Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMissPink

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
So I have a few questions for those who wear 24/7 but aren't incontinent because I was thinking about going 24/7 for a week to try it out.

1. Are you afraid that people (family, friends, relatives, work colleagues) will find out you are wearing? And more importantly what would you say? This is why I said for those who aren't incontinent as they can say "I am incontinent" and most people will respect that and leave it be or they will already know for quite some time. However when dealing with the people I've mentioned above and they know that you aren't incontinent and you don't need nappies what do you say?

2. The second is how do you poo? Do you take off the nappy? Or do you still use the nappy than change quickly after? If so, do you plan it like every night that you'll take a dump or as the urge comes and carry around extra nappies?

3. Any other tips for others wanting to try 24/7?

People who are incontinent are welcome to add anything too I just felt the question would be more directed at people who wear even though they don't need to.

I've done some 24/7 stints, the last significant one was just over 15 months. I'm glad to be back to regular underwear but I'm sure I'll be 24/7 again in the future. Your questions:

1. I think it's important to be prepared that you could be found out. I don't think it's a great idea to wear 24/7 if you consider it a secret. If, on the other hand, it's private, you should be able to deal with the complications of exposure. I didn't have to talk about it with anyone while I was wearing. I had responses in mind that varied depending on who might ask. They generally fell into variations of "I like them" or "none of your business". I'm sure it would be embarrassing but life would go on.
  2. It was situational. I'm pretty regular, so it was generally most efficient to use the toilet in the morning before I showered. I don't mind messing if there's no rush and no one else has to suffer, so it varied.
  3. For general tips, get yourself a change bag and keep it where you can get at it. Be aware of good locations to change. Leaks happen, although they can be rare. Be prepared.

Trevor said:
I've done some 24/7 stints, the last significant one was just over 15 months. I'm glad to be back to regular underwear but I'm sure I'll be 24/7 again in the future. Your questions:

1. I think it's important to be prepared that you could be found out. I don't think it's a great idea to wear 24/7 if you consider it a secret. If, on the other hand, it's private, you should be able to deal with the complications of exposure. I didn't have to talk about it with anyone while I was wearing. I had responses in mind that varied depending on who might ask. They generally fell into variations of "I like them" or "none of your business". I'm sure it would be embarrassing but life would go on.
  2. It was situational. I'm pretty regular, so it was generally most efficient to use the toilet in the morning before I showered. I don't mind messing if there's no rush and no one else has to suffer, so it varied.
  3. For general tips, get yourself a change bag and keep it where you can get at it. Be aware of good locations to change. Leaks happen, although they can be rare. Be prepared.

I agree with Trevor. Another tip for going #2 is to undo the top tapes (if possible) and slide the diaper down while going on the toilet. Then afterwards, you can slide it back up and refasten the tapes on either the landing zone, or on top of the blue tapes of you have the "second chance" tapes.

Yeah, I know you asked people who aren't IC, but I'm only urinary IC. So I have done that little 'wiggle waggle' dance to jiggle a diaper down far enough to go poo. It's easier if you have pull-up types for that or ones with 'second chance' tapes or velcro tapes.

As far as excuses go, figure out ahead of time the words and attitude you personally want to express if you get caught. Those people can't "know" that you aren't incontinent, since it could be a relatively new condition, but they do know why you would want to keep that personal detail a secret. Use that knowledge to your advantage if you use that explanation. Some level of incontinence is the go-to lie most of us would use in most situations. Attitude is important but don't overdo it; keep it subtle. You may need a backup plan if they discover you wearing baby themed diapers or ruffled plastic pants. You have to be honest and ask yourself how well you think you could handle those situations, and act accordingly.

Overall though, I think it's a mistake when ABDLs look at 24/7 as if it is some kind of commitment. My advice is to simply wear diapers whenever you want to. You may think you want to wear them all the time but that really isn't true right now. You want to wear diapers for the pleasant feelings you get from wearing them, but those feelings disappear if you are overwhelmed by stress and anxiety from wearing them in certain situations. Avoid those situations until you know you are ready for them. For now, wear when you actually enjoy wearing, and push your boundaries a little bit once in a while; a little risk can be fun. Don't jump into 24/7. Give yourself a chance to grow into it while still enjoying the other things life has to offer.

Drifter said:
As far as excuses go, figure out ahead of time the words and attitude you personally want to express if you get caught. Those people can't "know" that you aren't incontinent, since it could be a relatively new condition, but they do know why you would want to keep that personal detail a secret. Use that knowledge to your advantage if you use that explanation. Some level of incontinence is the go-to lie most of us would use in most situations. Attitude is important but don't overdo it; keep it subtle. You may need a backup plan if they discover you wearing baby themed diapers or ruffled plastic pants. You have to be honest and ask yourself how well you think you could handle those situations, and act accordingly.

Overall though, I think it's a mistake when ABDLs look at 24/7 as if it is some kind of commitment. My advice is to simply wear diapers whenever you want to. You may think you want to wear them all the time but that really isn't true right now. You want to wear diapers for the pleasant feelings you get from wearing them, but those feelings disappear if you are overwhelmed by stress and anxiety from wearing them in certain situations. Avoid those situations until you know you are ready for them. For now, wear when you actually enjoy wearing, and push your boundaries a little bit once in a while; a little risk can be fun. Don't jump into 24/7. Give yourself a chance to grow into it while still enjoying the other things life has to offer.

I think the wear when it's right is good advice if it works. For me, the total duration I've been wearing helps reinforce the enjoyment. I can wear for lesser periods but it still feels like it's not as good as a long, unbroken stint. Irrational, but enjoyment can be.

Drifter said:

That's one of the brightest ideas I've ever heard on this topic!

Last edited:
SweetPrincess said:
So I have a few questions for those who wear 24/7 but aren't incontinent because I was thinking about going 24/7 for a week to try it out.

1. Are you afraid that people (family, friends, relatives, work colleagues) will find out you are wearing? And more importantly what would you say? This is why I said for those who aren't incontinent as they can say "I am incontinent" and most people will respect that and leave it be or they will already know for quite some time. However when dealing with the people I've mentioned above and they know that you aren't incontinent and you don't need nappies what do you say?

No. And if I have to, I can ditch the diaper for the moment so my cousin won't find out. I would still say I am incontinent since I am not turning back to underwear. No one ever asks me about why I wear them so I never say anything about it.

2. The second is how do you poo? Do you take off the nappy? Or do you still use the nappy than change quickly after? If so, do you plan it like every night that you'll take a dump or as the urge comes and carry around extra nappies?

I poop in my diaper and if I don't want to change it sooner, I do it in the toilet. I only need one spare diaper since I don't really need to change all day.

Yeah, no one is going to care you are wearing a diaper and no one ever says anything about it.

When it comes to people finding out, it depends on the person. My mother and family would get a "None of your business", my friends would get answers if they didn't know, and if they already knew, I wouldn't have to worry if they saw me in diapers. As for how I poop when I'm wearing a diaper, I just go. It's not as bad as it seems, although it can be messy sometimes. Instead of trying to force it out, simply calm down, take a deep breath, and let it go. Imagine the euphoric feeling you get from wetting times 10. That's what happens when you finally learn how to poop in your diaper. As for the diapers, don't change them right away. I try to come up with a system that evenly divides the packs over days. For example, the ones I wear come in a pack of 20, and if I wear 5 diapers in a day (in a perfect world), each pack will last 4 days. I know most packs come like that, so if you get changed when you wake up, change every four hours, and change once more before you go to bed, the numbers work out perfectly. My schedule has me waking up and getting changed at 7:00 AM, changed again at 11:00 AM, 3:00 PM, 7:00 PM, and 11:00 PM, before going to bed at 11:00. I wouldn't get changed in the middle of the night, so I'd wake up wet at 7:00 the next morning and repeat the process. I hope this all helps you. Good luck, and enjoy your diapers! :)

If on medications - some of these have side effects - so you are wearing in case the side effects kick in - that is all the information someone need to know !

Drifter said:

Well for me it wouldn't be "making a commitment". More like an experiment of sorts. I want to know what life would be like going 24/7 and how one might deal with it. Not necessarily to continue going 24/7 after the initial week (I don't think I could ever do that). But at some point (not sure when) I will want to try it it for a week. Just out of curiosity.

Starlight99 said:
When it comes to people finding out, it depends on the person. My mother and family would get a "None of your business", my friends would get answers if they didn't know, and if they already knew)

That's a good piece of advice. Because you're right it will depend on the person for me it might be slightly different. For family I'd tell them that I like to wear them as I think they'd freak out and think I had a medical problem otherwise. Same with friends but for random acquaintances it might be more along the lines of "none of your business" should they ask.

SweetPrincess said:

It used to worry me quite a lot. I live alone and I was even paranoid ordering through the mail. But you gradually get used to it over time. Nowadays I can come home and find a case of diapers that's been sitting on the porch all afternoon waiting for me to get home and not be bothered in the least by it. I still try to be very discrete about my wearing, but I'm not paranoid like I used to be.

I never mess my diaper. I wear for the enjoyment, and that's not fun for me, so I don't do what I don't like. I've gotten very good at pulling up/down diapers, and often pre-tape them before pulling them up to get a good and consistent fit anyway. So I just pull down, go, and pull up. I've also gotten very good at going by pulling out from the leak guard when I want to use a toilet at work to pee without wetting my diaper or bothering to pull it down. (I still wet my diaper at work occasionally, but not frequently, I don't like the inconvenience) Overnight on the other hand, I never get up to go, always soak my diaper by morning. That, and occasionally pausing during the day at work to notice my being diapered all the time, are what I enjoy the most.

Stay clean. You'll hear that advice a lot. A rash (be it a regular skin rash, or a fungal issue, or eczema) will either make you miserable or force you to postpone your experiment. So make keeping your skin healthy a high priority.

1. No. No-one has said anything, ever, but like others I have a variety of responses prepared for the most critical scenarios that I can foresee. I'm fairly confident that I could do some effective 'damage limitation' if the secret gets out. A few people have probably noticed already, because I wear thick nappies and don't go out of my way to conceal them, but as yet absolutely nothing has happened as a result.

2. At home or somewhere private either alone or with only my partner, I just poo in my nappy when I feel the need. When out and about, I'll find a secluded spot to use the nappy with easy access to somewhere I can change. For example, I often need to do one after lunch, so once I break away from whoever I've had lunch with, I'll take a wander to somewhere private and see what happens when I have a gentle push. If the nappy is still clean after a few minutes, I'll go back to what I was doing and then if the need arises later, go outside or wherever convenient to use the nappy. Changing dirty nappies quickly and hygienically in a public or semi-public bathroom takes some practice but can be mastered.

3. Change frequently, stay hydrated, care for your skin. Many recreational wearers seem to like staying in a wet nappy for as long as possible. If you're aiming for 24/7, do not do this. Frequent changes keep you smelling fresh, your skin healthy and minimise risk of leaks. Occasionally you will need to use the whole capacity of your nappy but doing it for the sake of it is the single greatest risk factor for something going wrong. Make sure you drink enough to wet freely and continuously throughout the day, to keep your urinary tract flushed clean. Although it's best for nappy performance to wet little and often (I wet every 10-15 minutes), every now and then hold it until you are full, to give your bladder some exercise.

Have fun!!

iv done maney weekends 24/7 wet only and wet and poop.....i tuck 2 weeks off and with blessing from my wife I went 24/7...... by the end I learned it's more of a hobby with me and theirs nouthing bad about underwher

1. I have to take a lot of precautions to keep it a secret. Haven't been caught yet once. The risky feeling is one part of the fun of it. If I do get caught I'm probably going to say that it's temporary & I'm wearing it for medical reasons.

2. I don't use the diaper for #2. I mostly wear pullups & so it's easier to get it on & off when using the toilet. I'm sure lots of diapers come with refastenable tape.

3. Plan everything before you do it. When will you wet, when will you change, when will you dispose.

It's kind of fun. But not for everyone.

1. You do not have to be afraid of people because no one has written on his forehead that he wears a diaper. Nevertheless, anyone who seriously thinks to be 24/7 must have a response scenario, because in their daily lives 24/7 sooner or later the matter will require an explanation.

2. It's best to learn how to use diapers so that you do not have to change during the day. Then there will be no problem with packing reserve diapers, or troublesome luggage after take off the used diaper away from home.

3.This means you need to learn to pee very little for it very often (only in this way you can use the full capacity of the diaper without leaks) and generally abstain from messing (possibly at the end of the day, the last 2-3 hours before take off the diaper).

Last edited:
1) I successfully hid gender transition from my employer and a large chunk of my friends circle that I didn't trust for over a year. I'm not worried about it. :)
2) I don't, at least not in public anyway. Some days I don't use them at all. Like another poster said, plan your activities. Getting clean in a public restroom is a giant hassle and is going to generate a lot of waste product that you'll have to deal with.
3) Take baby steps and practice at home. Also, be respectful of the people around you who aren't part of it.

SweetPrincess said:

People who are incontinent are welcome to add anything too I just felt the question would be more directed at people who wear even though they don't need to.

I was a life long DL before I became incontinent, and went through all of this before.

1. I was afraid at first, but the more often you wear around others the more confident you will become. My standard excuse was "I'm working through some personal issues and don't want toctalk about it", or "it's really none of your business". This way it left things open for me to not diapered around them later on.

2. I still go poo mostly in the toilet. I can pull my taped diaper up and down by leaning forward at the waist and pulling the back of my diaper down a couple of inches. Stand straight up now and you'll see the waistband is now over the hips enough you can pull the front of the diaper down as well. You can now pull it down the rest of the way. Putting it back on is just in reverse.

I wear a diaper 24/7. I am incontinent of urine (well almost) I can go short times in my underwear, but if I am out or busy for more than an hour or so, I wet myself. I wear a diaper everyday, all day and at night. I feel more comfortable wearing a diaper and much more relaxed. Going 24/7 has become my usual choice, and I do mean choice; I know that I can wear regular underwear for short excursions, but there must be a bathroom nearby as I cannot hold it for long before I jut wet. When I have to go #2, I just pull down my diaper cover and unpin my diaper. I am pretty regular with #2 so I use that time to change my diaper from my night diaper to my daytime diaper

I have never been afraid of being caught wearing diapers, in fact I looked forward to being caught diapered as an adult.
When caught I just said I’d piss my pants if it was not for the diaper, which was true as I would piss my pants when ever I could as an adult.
As far as going poop, well that’s what the diaper is for so that’s what I use. I always carry extra diapers in what ever vehicle I’m driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back