Just me or is 90% of the diaper lover community males?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraken98

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Okay I know it is probably not a good idea to ask this but I been checking out some abdl on fetlife and such and EVERY single page is like 1 female or no females at all. I know gender probably doesnt matter for many but some of us are interested opposite gender or many different reasons.

I was just wondering if maybe females are just scared to say or show anything of their little side? It is just interesting to see that females ABDLs are almost impossible to find. Then again I guess everyone on the internet is a dude and grills are truly a rare gem.

I have wondered this too, not that it matters to me personally but it is interesting regardless. There are many things that follow similar patterns such and gaming and anime, I suspect the reason is the same.

Leio said:
I am a female and a part of the AB/DL community...

However, I'm more of a lurker than an active poster. This could be contributing to the "missing females".

Well hello there. ;)

Ahhh i guess that explains it. Is it because of all the hungry guys that always just end up wasting your time?

I've always believed that it's due to how diapers provide more physical stimulation to male anatomy than female.

bambinod said:
I've always believed that it's due to how diapers provide more physical stimulation to male anatomy than female.

In what way aside from the obvious?

I honestly think it's closer to even than you think, it's just that because the internet in general is a pretty toxic place for females, and anything kink related by default is way worse along those lines, they're less open about it. But literally all of the people I've run into IRL into this stuff are female. But I'd imagine outside of that specific social circle they're not as open about it.

I think the ratio may not be that bad. I think there are a bunch of females that just don’t post on forums. I could be wrong though. I still think there are more males but the ratio is more like 60% guys 40% girls.
I do think that most of the time they don’t say anything because they may have bad experiences with guys on the forums. A few bad apples ruin what could be normal conversation with more people.

I'm a girl. I know I'm not particularly shy about letting people know that, but I do remember way back in the day a lot of girls said that they 'hid' because male AB/DL people were constantly going "BE MY MOMMY!" at them. Obviously not -all- of the guys were doing that, but enough to make it where the girls were like "Nooooo. I'm not a momma. I'm just little like you!"

Either that or you boys all have a dreadful disease. A most horrid and destructive disease.

Da Cooties.

:laugh:

bambinod said:

I would have to agree.

I guess not. There are a lot of girls in the ABDL community, but they (as pointed out by the two ladies, who posted in this thread earlier) are less active for various reasons. One of which, again, was mentioned before...

I kind of have a theory. Many AB/DLs discover their interest because they see it as abnormal, so they go on the internet to search for like-minded people. Now, for me and probably many other girls out there (hi, by the way, fellow girl here) liking cute or babyish stuff isn't that abnormal, and society doesn't frown upon a woman squealing at the sight of a particularily cute stuffie.

Personally I think if I hadn't stumbled over a very in depth explanation of infantilism in a fanfiction, I would have remained blissfully ignorant that this is even a thing. Of course I had noticed that I was very much drawn to the pacifier and bottle section in stores, but I wrote that off as maternal instinct, so i would never have considered buying them for myself.

I'm not that concerned about creeps on the internet, frankly I haven't really talked to any, though I do know it can be a problem. For me it's more the general tone of discussion that can put me off a site, which is also why I really like this forum, but aren't active on any other sites.

Accurate research on the numbers will always be difficult, but most real attempts to collect valid data seem to agree with you: the ABDL community is heavily weighted towards males. B. T. Grey has probably done more research on ABDLs than anyone else, and on his website, understanding.infanilism.org, he states "Most, but not all ABDLs are male" (second paragraph on that page).

I think a lot of the female little tend to stay out of the community for obvious reasons. However I do think males out number them, but I think your number is drastically inflated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just wish it was more even, probably just like most of everyone is a sub and there are hardly any doms

bambinod said:

But females look so much better in them.

But you are probably correct.

I am a female ABDL and I would say I am one of the rare ones.

Schwanensee said:
I kind of have a theory. Many AB/DLs discover their interest because they see it as abnormal, so they go on the internet to search for like-minded people. Now, for me and probably many other girls out there (hi, by the way, fellow girl here) liking cute or babyish stuff isn't that abnormal, and society doesn't frown upon a woman squealing at the sight of a particularily cute stuffie.

Personally I think if I hadn't stumbled over a very in depth explanation of infantilism in a fanfiction, I would have remained blissfully ignorant that this is even a thing. Of course I had noticed that I was very much drawn to the pacifier and bottle section in stores, but I wrote that off as maternal instinct, so i would never have considered buying them for myself.

I'm not that concerned about creeps on the internet, frankly I haven't really talked to any, though I do know it can be a problem. For me it's more the general tone of discussion that can put me off a site, which is also why I really like this forum, but aren't active on any other sites.
So do you think it might be possible that because women don’t know this type of lifestyle exists that’s why the numbers lean more towards men? I feel like cause everyone is born into wearing diapers there should be an equal chance of people finding some sort of attachment to them.

I find it interesting you found out about it by chance reading fan fiction, how far have you dived into being an Abdl?

90% is an overestimate for males in the entire AB/DL community, but it might be more accurate when considering the ratio of males to females in the group that is only DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back