Just me or is 90% of the diaper lover community males?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we either did a pole on this site, or Moo ran the program for male and female and we came out 75% male and 25% female, but that would have been a few years ago. Of course, more AB/DL males may engage in a site like this than females. It's really difficult to come up with an accurate number.

First, according to one of my friends, she gets a lot of stimulation from wetting, and judging by the fact that her story sounds like mine, I'd assume she gets the same feelings I do.
Second, although I do have a Mommy fantasy, I could also cater to a little. The problem is that between the extent of my fantasies, the overflow of male AB/DLs, the lack of female AB/DLs, and the few females being aggravated by the pigs on the internet, it doesn't add up to a good result for anyone. Even though one of my goals (but not the main one) for ADISC is to find a Mommy and/or a playmate, I'm not going to hit every girl on here up, because that's only going to piss people off, aggravate the problem for everyone else, and probably get me banned from the site.

I used to agree with the 90/10 split but then tumblr came along and seems to have more females than other places that AB/DLs congregate.

men, even sissies (ahem) have been traditionally cannon fodder. The social mores are built on a system of aggression, violence, conquest etc. If anything, it's like rape. Not so much a sex thing, it's a sex-as-dominance atrocity crime. This comes up every now and then in psychology and sociology texts. So boys who like diapers, boys who like being girls, it's been a long upward climb to the relatively permissive Here and Now. I first found out that there actually WAS an ABDL 'community' by reading a purloined Penthouse Letters book. And that was in 1973. And EVERYTHING was taboo at the time. The only "manly" expressions of 'love' AKA lust was the 'tell everybody how much you like girls' mode. It was pretty grim. And if I had let the word "pretty" cross my lips I would have been ostracized. Or worse...

The whole scene is in the process of Becoming Civilized, But For Real This Time. Free advice and worth every penny.

At least unlike the Renaissance nobody (usually) gets burnt at the stake anymore. Guys in Gay or AB chat rooms are generally experiencing what was unthinkable 40 years ago. The rules, if there are any, are still being written.

TheEldritch88 said:
In what way aside from the obvious?

From a purely sexual stimulation standpoint, penises are stimulated externally and vaginas are stimulated internally. (yes there are external structures like clitoris but the majority is internal) and you're not going to see many women stuffing diapers up their vagina, so it appears to me that the stimulation angle is just smaller overall. So yes women can get physical stimulation but not to the same degree as men.

bambinod said:
From a purely sexual stimulation standpoint, penises are stimulated externally and vaginas are stimulated internally. (yes there are external structures like clitoris but the majority is internal) and you're not going to see many women stuffing diapers up their vagina, so it appears to me that the stimulation angle is just smaller overall. So yes women can get physical stimulation but not to the same degree as men.
I'm afraid I have to disagree.
Of course, the level of physical sensitivity is different for everyone, but men are usually much less sensitive, than women.

I'm not sure if it's really true, but I've read on the internet, that some ladies prefer going commando at times, simply because they would otherwise be too distracted to behave normally.

Also, speaking from my own experience, men, who are into ABDL are usually more on the AB side or find, that diapers help them calm down. With women, on the other hand, I've seen a lot of claims on various forums and pages, which implied, that the author wears for pure stimulation.

So it's not really that simple.

bambinod said:

bambinod, I am certainly glad I was not drinking anything as I read your post. I would have blown it out my nose! A great example, nonetheless. ;)

Do an adisc poll should i?

BabyLink9 said:
So do you think it might be possible that because women don’t know this type of lifestyle exists that’s why the numbers lean more towards men? I feel like cause everyone is born into wearing diapers there should be an equal chance of people finding some sort of attachment to them.

I find it interesting you found out about it by chance reading fan fiction, how far have you dived into being an Abdl?

I just think that you are more likely to find out about this lifestyle if you notice anything unusual in your behaviour or interests, and since it's deemed more "normal" for women to have an interest in cute stuff like stuffed animals or even baby items, they are less likely to read up on it. Like, say person A and person B are really interested in seeing a piano being tuned. Person A grew up in a musical family and has seen pianos being tuned left and right and their parents expect them to be interested in it, so Person A will just live their life regularily having someone tune their piano and not worrying about their interest. But person B's family knows nothing about music, they don't own a piano and don't understand B's interest in it, so Person B goes on the internet to search for videos of pianos being tuned, just to find that there is a whole community out there that is obsessed with tuning pianos and will talk about it in forums.
In this scenario person A is a woman who has spent her life being told that cute things are for girls, maybe even discussing diaper brands and potty training methods with her mother, and collecting stuffies with not one batting their eye. Do you think a person like that would search their interest up on the internet, or would they just assume it's normal? Because I surely would never have considered searching for other people who like cute things, since I just assumed everyone did, a belief that was validated by many of my friends. My brother and most of my male friends on the other hand had absolutely not interest in babyish stuff (at least they didn't show it), so it's not the "norm" for males apparently. So if person B is a guy who really likes looking at babyish stuff, cuddling stuffies or acting really young, but sees that his peers don't do that, isn't he more likely to search for other people like him on the internet?
I'm not saying that there are more male ABDLs out there, but that there may be a lot of females who just don't know it's a thing and aren't likely to find out. Though if we talk more about the DL side, isn't there a thing that potty training is more difficult for boys, so the likelyhood of them fixating on diapers is higher?

To answer your second question, I think I'm pretty deep^^" So far I've tried baby pacis, adult pacis, bottles, sippy cups, formula, baby food, baby snacks, teethers, Onesies, rompers, tape/pull-up/cloth diapers...I like most of those things, though I'm not a fan of disposables or wetting my diapers. I have baby toys, books, stuffies, a good amount of babyish clothing...you name it, I probably have it.
Since I still live at home, having full days to regress are super rare, but hiding stuff isn't hard. At my age I can get away with a lot of things, "young people these days not wanting to grow up" and all that jazz. Sadly, where I live there isn't really an ABDL community to be found...I know they exist in Germany, but most of the ones I did find were either really far away or hyper-focused on the sexual side. So most of my Little time is spent alone or with a vanilla friend who lets me, in her words, "little out" around her, with her taking the role of a babysitter or something along those lines without there actually being any kind of dynamic between us. The only way I could get deeper into this life style at this point would probably be to have a caretaker and a nursery with AB furniture^^ (Yes, that is a dream of mine.)

I think its more even, girls don't talk about the intimacy (at least not as much as men) and keep it on the down low

extremecomfy said:
Do an adisc poll should i?

This would seem obvious for me but do I sense in the back of my mind that ADISC may frown on such a poll (though I think it innocent enough - pun intended as to type of personnel fantasy age on this forum).

I think online forums aren't really what females are looking for, I know tons of female ABDLs, met 4 of them (one being my girlfriend). None of them use this site but all use Instagram.

I only know one girl who was very social , loud and outgoing. She had some other issues but actually came out in public and said she likes to use diapers for fun for 1 and 2. She was young and pretty.

DL woman here. We absolutely exist. :) I think it is SUPER SCARY, though, to participate in the community without several layers of anonymity.

lenaw said:
dl woman here. We absolutely exist. :) i think it is super scary, though, to participate in the community without several layers of anonymity.

Nemo-seagulls.jpg

girl? girl? girl? girl?

When I go to events I would say its 50/50 male to female ratio, I just don't think women are as social on these type of websites, and I don't really blame them, I have made a bunch of female friends on fet, but generally we communicate through texting or kik and usually its hardly ever diaper heavy content.

A viewpoint.

I am AFAB (assigned female at birth), but my gender is nonbinary. But I'm going to be read female by anyone looking at me because of weighty bobs.

I did my research before coming outta the nursery so to speak and was surprised at how male the numbers seemed to skew on forums. It seemed to me that the male - aligned portion of the group is just more vocal about being into this than female - aligned portion (PLEASE excuse my terminology, I'm trying to avoid awkward cissexism here). It reminds me of the thing that happens when you out yourself / get outed as non-male in a gaming situation and immediately the harassment and taunting starts. This results in extra care being taken to avoid that happening again. It's happened to me, and I wasn't keen on it happening again, which is why I was wary about disclosing… but here I could actually contribute and it was relevant so…

It also seems that within the community, the genders as a general rule want different levels of experience — one side is wanting more physical, the other wanting more experience of intimacy, and the two sides do not really interact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back