Tena Ultra Stretch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
So I just ordered a pack of these because my usual order has been completely out of stock for atleast 7 months now. What is your guys opinion on them? I also can’t find much info on them. How much do they absorb and what is the fit like?

Also any ideas to make them look more babyish? I got some stickers from ABU lying around that I can use.

I've sampled the medium size before and would consider them average absorbency, just a mediocre diaper. I'm a 31-32" waist and the stretch sides have to completely come together in the middle to get the best fit, which isn't as good as a regular tape on diaper. I'd prefer the sides to be shorter. If I recall, they also do not have standing leak guards. Let us know what you think after trying them out.

lampkins said:
I've sampled the medium size before and would consider them average absorbency, just a mediocre diaper. I'm a 31-32" waist and the stretch sides have to completely come together in the middle to get the best fit, which isn't as good as a regular tape on diaper. I'd prefer the sides to be shorter. If I recall, they also do not have standing leak guards. Let us know what you think after trying them out.
The standing leak guards sound like a problem. They are coming in by Monday so I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

I've seen them at my med supply shop and one weird time in the foot care spot at Walmart (only one time the spot was ominously missing the next time I went back, still wondering about it as it wasn't even an item Walmart offers online). The only stretch briefs I've tried are the awful one taped wings diapers (possibly the worst fitting garment that wasn't a med store adult pullup) and walmarts current gen stretch ones (the ones that made me stop going to them for diapers period because the mediums are too big for a good fit and I normally wear a large!) which make me forget about missing the old poly ones Walmart offered when I was in college, because I'm too busy missing the breathable ones that were comparable to prevails.

rennecfox said:
I've seen them at my med supply shop and one weird time in the foot care spot at Walmart (only one time the spot was ominously missing the next time I went back, still wondering about it as it wasn't even an item Walmart offers online). The only stretch briefs I've tried are the awful one taped wings diapers (possibly the worst fitting garment that wasn't a med store adult pullup) and walmarts current gen stretch ones (the ones that made me stop going to them for diapers period because the mediums are too big for a good fit and I normally wear a large!) which make me forget about missing the old poly ones Walmart offered when I was in college, because I'm too busy missing the breathable ones that were comparable to prevails.

I saw those when I was ordering the ultra stretch. Those wings are way to thin, who thought that thin wings on a heavy diaper was gonna work.

They are on my want-to-try list! Would love to hear how they work out for you!

Feyranna said:

I’ll let ya know how they work!

I am a nurse and my patient uses these. They definitely hold close to a thousand mls easily and don't leak. She doesnt move a lot on her own but i reposition her every two hours. Hold up to side lying too.

they are decent, quite discreet and good for active times. for me they can hold a full wetting and can also handle a mess when needed

Feyranna said:

So they work pretty good for the first wetting! I started to push it with 3 big wettings and it leaked all over my shorts... other then that great! Don’t really miss the standing leak guards. Yet I do love it when they are there.

Awww :( 3 wets seems a bit weak.
Thank you though! I always have a hard time deciding what to wear next. The tena was already a bit of a hard sell to Daddy because of the case size but he liked the idea of the single wide tape per side.

Feyranna said:
Thank you though! I always have a hard time deciding what to wear next. The tena was already a bit of a hard sell to Daddy because of the case size but he liked the idea of the single wide tape per side.

You should try a bag of Kiddo if you'd like single tapes with better capacity

Feyranna said:

3 wettings seems small but they’s were 3 very big wettings. It’s a bit more then you think, but not as much as all the real AB diapers out there.

I wear bariatric sizes so I dunno about the true AB brands, I wish I could wear them soooo much.

So far I've tried a couple plastic backeds that did ok but I didn't like the feel of and one cloth backed that hasn't held much at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back