• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatHiddenDL

There are, in fact, flamingos.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Well, hello! So, this is my first post and I don’t really know where to begin haha. I’ve been stalking the forum for quite a while and am only recently becoming more involved in the ABDL community.

So, a little about me? I’ve been a DL literally for as long as I can remember. When I was 16 I finally broke down and bought my first pack of goodnites. After a lot of binge and purge cycles, I finally accepted diapers as just being a part of who I am. I don’t quite wear 24/7, but pretty close to it to be honest; very few days am I unpadded!

Non ABDL stuff? Honestly, being a DL is just a part of me and I do a lot of things while being padded ;) ... I’m very much a gamer. I practice yoga. I’m a life long learner studying language, religion, and philosophy. My bookshelf is my most prized possession @_@ ...

ThatHiddenDL said:
Well, hello! So, this is my first post and I don’t really know where to begin haha. I’ve been stalking the forum for quite a while and am only recently becoming more involved in the ABDL community.

So, a little about me? I’ve been a DL literally for as long as I can remember. When I was 16 I finally broke down and bought my first pack of goodnites. After a lot of binge and purge cycles, I finally accepted diapers as just being a part of who I am. I don’t quite wear 24/7, but pretty close to it to be honest; very few days am I unpadded!

Non ABDL stuff? Honestly, being a DL is just a part of me and I do a lot of things while being padded ;) ... I’m very much a gamer. I practice yoga. I’m a life long learner studying language, religion, and philosophy. My bookshelf is my most prized possession @_@ ...

Hi and welcome to the site. You wrote an excellent intro. I'm a professional musician with my degree in organ performance and voice/choral conducting. I studied my share of philosophy and theology as a church musician.

dogboy said:
Hi and welcome to the site. You wrote an excellent intro. I'm a professional musician with my degree in organ performance and voice/choral conducting. I studied my share of philosophy and theology as a church musician.

Thank you! I don’t cross paths with many organists, so that’s pretty cool! I also studied music for a few years (dual majored violin performance and Japanese language and literature), but I didn’t really have the musical background that many of my peers had. After I graduated, I pursued East Asian Studies / Lang Lit.

Welcome! Great introduction. Sound like a very educated and interesting person!

Since your books are your most prized possession you should give us a recommendation of a book you think everyone should read!

Northerner said:
Welcome! Great introduction. Sound like a very educated and interesting person!

Since your books are your most prized possession you should give us a recommendation of a book you think everyone should read!

Thanks! Hmmmm that’s a tough one. Most of the books on my shelf are either eastern philosophy or language books. I would say that, not necessarily in this order, my most recommended reads would be:

Tao Te Ching: Taoist classic, the title means the teaching of the Way and virtue. It’s short, cryptic, and very influential on Chinese thought.

The Bagavad Gita: this is a Hindu classic that is a portion of the Mahabharata.

Kokoro by Natsume Souseki: this is a beautifully written piece of Japanese literature from the early 1900’s. It’s about a young man and his friendship with another man that he simply calls Sensei. The story is very deep and deals with the subject of loniless (sort of a narrative of modernization in Japan in the 1900’s).

Hey!
I probably shouldn't say "Welcome", as I am a much younger forum member, than you...

Anyway, you say that some of your interests lie in languages and East Asian Studies... Do you, by chance, know the Japanese language?

GeraldRoss said:
Hey!
I probably shouldn't say "Welcome", as I am a much younger forum member, than you...

Anyway, you say that some of your interests lie in languages and East Asian Studies... Do you, by chance, know the Japanese language?

Hi there! You’re not that much newer than I am haha. I do speak a fair amount of Japanese, a conversational level, but not native fluency.

Lately, I’ve been a little more focused on European languages. Portuguese is super interesting to me right now.

How about you? Do you speak any other languages?

ThatHiddenDL said:
How about you? Do you speak any other languages?

I also have a conversational level of Japanese, but hoping to get it waaaay higher. And, if I try hard enough, I can speak German a bit. And there also is my native language, Russian, of course...

I love the Mahabharata. I ran across a PBS retelling of it and was intrigued so got a translation.... very hard to follow all the names ( as a texan). I normally just read science fiction.

Regularnot said:
I love the Mahabharata. I ran across a PBS retelling of it and was intrigued so got a translation.... very hard to follow all the names ( as a texan). I normally just read science fiction.

I’m glad you love it! There are so many stories in it that they say that all the stories of the world are contained within it. It’s not often that you come across others that know it :)

ThatHiddenDL said:
Thanks! Hmmmm that’s a tough one. Most of the books on my shelf are either eastern philosophy or language books. I would say that, not necessarily in this order, my most recommended reads would be:

Tao Te Ching: Taoist classic, the title means the teaching of the Way and virtue. It’s short, cryptic, and very influential on Chinese thought.

The Bagavad Gita: this is a Hindu classic that is a portion of the Mahabharata.

Kokoro by Natsume Souseki: this is a beautifully written piece of Japanese literature from the early 1900’s. It’s about a young man and his friendship with another man that he simply calls Sensei. The story is very deep and deals with the subject of loniless (sort of a narrative of modernization in Japan in the 1900’s).

I'll definitely check them out! I am also very interested in Asian culture and history particularly Japan. Shogun was one of my favorite books of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back