Let some discussion begin! (As suggested)

Annalise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Not much into the AB life but love cloth diapers. The problem is they fall down! The waist band of the plastic pants aren't strong enough to keep them up. I have considered suspenders but..... I would love to use diapers to help with that girlish figure but a petticoat works best for me.

From your other posts, I'm presuming you use pin-on diapers? Maybe try pinning them up higher around your waist? My waist is smaller than my hips, so I have to pin/snap/velcro pretty high up to keep them from falling, low rise is really no good for me.
Maybe you could try plastic pants with snaps, since you can get a tighter waistband on those? I really have no experience with plastic pants, but my cloth training pants with an elastic waistband definitely slide down more than my snap-on diaper cover.

Or, alternatively, a little DIY: If you own a sewing machine (or know how to sew by hand), you could add a snap to the waistband or your plastic pants to make them tighter when you wear them. For this, you need
A strip of fabric
A snap (the strongest you can find)
Needle and thread
Turn the fabric into a kind of tab shape, attach one end to the waistband of your pastic pants (so that it lies flat against the waistband, not horizontal to it), attach one side of the snap to the other end, attach the other half of the snap to the waistband so that when you close the snap, it pulls the waistband tighter around your body.
This is not a good idea to do for overnight use since it might prevent a perfect seal around the waist, but for daytime when you're upright and no moisture will escape from the top of the plastic pant, this should help with drooping.

No need to change much of anything. This is why they make onesies! They hold diapers close to your body & prevent sagging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forget about onesies! I even have 2 or 3 of them! I'll have to see how they work over my bra. Nice! Thanks!

DiaperMark said:
No need to change much of anything. This is why they make onesies! They hold diapers close to your body & prevent sagging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow, yeah, I completely forgot about that! My brain just jumped to the most complicated solution possible, thanks for giving an actually useful one ^^"

Great suggestions! I didnt even think of the onesie as used for that but seems obvious now. Will have to get a couple!

Northerner said:
Great suggestions! I didnt even think of the onesie as used for that but seems obvious now. Will have to get a couple!

Yea, we always see them as cute & whatnot (like my pic :laugh:), but they actually have a purpose!

MTM dl.jpg

If your cloth diapers are large enough, you could use four diaper pins instead of two.

In the Women's Intimates section it's sold as Shape Wear. and it's fairly cheap especially at Walmart,but a severe lack of color choice, brown or black. Also when the hose part of my panty hose does the inevitable, I cut the legs off and use the panty part. Helps even more if you can get them a size or two smaller than your usual panties.

I have worn women's panties, bikini style for years for this express reason. I wear two pair at a time (for more holding power), one white, one with a cute print...which can be hard to find...I used to just search thru the packages at places like WalMart for a package (come in like 4/pack) for one with a printed one. Then last time I ended up buying thru eBay. Figuring out the correct size was a bit of a challenge at first, but if you search online to buy panties and look at sizing charts, you can come with one. Example, my waist size is about 40. I wear size 9 panties and they hold up my cloth diapers very well.

Sorry for not being part of the conversation lately. All are great suggestions! I did find I do have pink and a white onesies. I need to get more because the ones I have are very thin and I would prefer a heavier material. But these will work under my regular clothes for now. I still like the idea of suspenders though! Suspenders with maybe some pacifier print? Anybody seen that anywhere? lol

I wear pinned cloth while at home and overnight, and I agree that using a onesie/ bodysuit is the best thing to keep it from sagging like crazy.

onesie.jpg that and some have skirts. I Luvs me some over the top pink ruffles.

A strong solution is wearing bike pants or compression shorts - not too tight squeezing out fluid - but damn that sure ruins the effect of showing off pretty diapers.

If I really need to make sure my diapers don't droop or sag (a single insert Babyland is prone to this) I wear compression shorts. They give me a nice shape and hold up the diaper.

I always wear a pair of tights over my cloth diapers. They fit a bit looser and more comfortable than panty hose but they work very well. If fact they even
enhance the experience. Try a Target store. My favorite color is white.

And for XL tights, go to welovecolors.com

Patricia

The Betty White Company carries 4C bodysuits at a good price. They also have coveralls/jumpsuits for people with dementia. There is a long zipper in the back with makes it hard for them to undress and play with their diaper contents. You can wear it under your clothes while out and you can't change until you get home.

Back