Elly

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Hello everyone,
This is my very first post on this website, so I apologize in advance if I do or say something not typically discussed within the culture of this forum.

A number of months ago, I made an effort to become incontinent, as I, like so many others fell in love with the idea of becoming dependent on diapers temporarily... I wore diapers 24/7 and focused on 'relaxing' the muscles responsible for controlling your bladder as much as possible, until gradually I started to urinate more frequently with less conscious thought, until the process was entirely automatic (at least for the most part). In my stupidity, I simply assumed that when I got sick of using diapers constantly I'd be able to take them off and continue as I always had...

You can probably see where this is going... Sure enough, I had lost control of my bladder and had to put the diapers back on. Now I was dependent on them for real... I didn't lose hope though, and attempted to be sensitive of any urge to go the toilet, at which point I'd try to hold my bladder to build strength up in the muscles again. It didn't work, and I am beginning to become faecally incontinent as well.

I will obviously seek appropriate medical attention, I have had issues with incontinence in the past, so perhaps I only caused that to recurr or maybe I only sped up a process that was already bound to happen.

In addition to medical treatment, I'd like to hear any suggestions from you as to what I could do to combat this. I sometimes feel like I'm able to catch myself before I urinate at least long enough to go to the bathroom. Whether or not this is a sign of improvement from my current situation or due to the fact I'm not completely incontinent (yet), remains to be seen. I also occasionally 'leak' when coughing, sneezing or standing up after a while.

You mentioned relaxing the muscles. The opposite is tightening them with Kegel exercises. There are many, many different exercises for this. I would look on YouTube for a few ways to do it. One quick way to determine those muscles is to start peeing and then stop the flow. Those muscles you feel are the ones you need to build back up. It is good and recommended by this site to see doctors as we are not a medical team. If there is a physical problem your doctor can tell you what is going on.

In the mean time, please navigate to the intro section for new members and introduce yourself! We are a support group and like to know a little bit about our members.

kegals, try holding your bladder as long as you can, doing your best to build up those muscles (drink enough water that you'd just about go normally and try to hold it as long as you can) don't stop wearing protection until you regain some control at which point gradually step down.

You can self refer to a Physical therapist who specializes uro-genital rehabilitation or your physician can refer you ,you will no doubt be seeing a urologist who is going to run some tests ,they arent any fun but they will narrow in on exactly what needs work to get your plumbing back in top form.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

You just have to go through potty training again. Most of us don't remember it, but it actually isn't that easy (as you found out). Like the others have said, you need to restrenthen your sphincter.

You also need to practice holding it for as long as you can. This will restretch your bladder so you can hold your pee longer again. Of which, it will be painful enough to make you do the pee pee dance once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back