Any Tips for Avoiding Tape Separation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dork

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just bought a new brand of diaper to try and unfortunately I am finding that the tapes keep separating from the wings. Aside from taping them looser, are there any tips for getting around this?

What brand of diaper is it? Plastic or cloth like?

It is a Rearz Inspire Select. Plastic backed with single tapes per side.

Hmm. I haven't worn any of those. Like you said, maybe it's too tight or maybe you have the wrong size?

They aren't really coming off entirely. They just kind of curl up at the bottom 😞.

Might be an inconvenience, but reinforcing them with duct tape or packing tape has been my go to. Once eother is placed you do have to tear it off or slide it down pullup stule to get them off.

fyi, linkie: https://rearz.ca/diaperlife-inspire-select-12/

These are a new release so they may be having some growing pains, either got poor quality tapes or a bad batch.

can you upload a pic of the tape before it's come completely off? (or after I suppose)

Dork said:
Just bought a new brand of diaper to try and unfortunately I am finding that the tapes keep separating from the wings. Aside from taping them looser, are there any tips for getting around this?

I had this issue BIG time recently with a very, very high end brand of diapers from Rearz. (Incontrol+) and unfortunately---I have no advice. But I'll be eagerly watching this thread, as this is an issue I've noticed a lot with diapers that have weaker plastic backing in general.

Edit: I just looked through the thread and saw you also were having issues with the Inspire line. Make sure you contact rearz, and let them know!!! There's clearly some kind of flaw in their design, as I've noticed this exact same issue in just the past few weeks. They will give you a partial refund though, just let them know of the tape failures.

Dork said:
It is a Rearz Inspire Select. Plastic backed with single tapes per side.

Every time I've ever ordered Rearz, I have had the same problem. I don't order them anymore. Overpriced junk.

mayhem said:
Every time I've ever ordered Rearz, I have had the same problem. I don't order them anymore. Overpriced junk.

Just out of curiosity, have you by any chance ever tried the Rearz Safari skew? I've always found them to have INCREDIBLE tapes. But, I'm starting to worry that they might have made a recent change, since I last bought them (was a few months ago). And if they've truly messed up the tapes on ALL of their diapers...Then, ouch. That would suck.

Dan09 said:
Just out of curiosity, have you by any chance ever tried the Rearz Safari skew? I've always found them to have INCREDIBLE tapes. But, I'm starting to worry that they might have made a recent change, since I last bought them (was a few months ago). And if they've truly messed up the tapes on ALL of their diapers...Then, ouch. That would suck.

I’ve tried rearz safari (not sure what you mean by skew). The tapes have always pulled off the wings. Only on he top though. The problem is that the area that connects the tapes to the wings is too short and the glue to hold them on is definitely not strong enough or there isn’t enough of it (or both).

mayhem said:
I’ve tried rearz safari (not sure what you mean by skew). The tapes have always pulled off the wings. Only on he top though. The problem is that the area that connects the tapes to the wings is too short and the glue to hold them on is definitely not strong enough or there isn’t enough of it (or both).

Make sure you're not taping too tight. The waistband elastic is there for a reason. If you can't reach into the front or back of your diaper without a struggle, you're definitely taping too tight. Then it's just a matter of time before you break, pop, or dislocate a tape.

bambinod said:
Make sure you're not taping too tight. The waistband elastic is there for a reason. If you can't reach into the front or back of your diaper without a struggle, you're definitely taping too tight. Then it's just a matter of time before you break, pop, or dislocate a tape.

I put them in snug. I don’t have this problem with any other super brand. Rearz simply have poorly fastened tapes.

For any tapped diaper. Put it on snuggly, not tight. Be sure to avoid touching the plastic where the tape will go., or you will get a light coating of oil on the diaper. Also, once stuck on, give the tapes a couple of good rubs. This will improve the contact and help make sure it will stay in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back