Help! Will it fit me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NeverKnow said:
I don't see anyone being misled. As you say, everyone understands the difference
L/XL GoodNites seem to be quite adequate for her purposes.
I don't understand the comparison to the present case, since the OP has 33-34" hips, and L/XL is boys size 14-20.
(I don't quite understand 'sizes'. I have 35" hips and 32" waist. But if I wore size 32 or size 35 waist jeans, they would fall down; I wear size 30, which in mens corresponds to boys size 20. Boys size 20 jeans fit me perfectly. That was part of the reason I went ahead and bought GoodNites when I was younger; I seemed to be within the size range, going by my pants size. This was before I was taking measurements. Sure enough they fit me about as comfortably as my pants.)
I didn't say everyone though, I said almost everyone and there is at least one person who consistently posts in this thread who obviously is clueless and does not understand.
Goodnites might be adequate, but then again they may not fit and wouldn't any store available adult pull-up be just as adequate without risking them being too small or tight or not fitting as desired?
Perhaps you don't understand the word "akin" then, the hypothetical dimensions I gave have nothing to do with the OP, it was just an example.
If boys size 20 jeans fit you then you must be short. The fact that you mention that you fit in boys size 20 means that it is impossible for boys size 20 to fit you but mens size 32 waist to not fit because both have the exact same waist size. As an aside size 20 boys is generally only available in Husky. Boys size 20 is 32" waist and a 29.5" length, the closest equivalent mens size would be 32"-30" as 32-29 and 32-28 don't exist. By the way 35 waist pants/jeans are very seldom made except for stores that specialize in clothes for heavyset and tall people.
And for the record Goodnites size is listed as L/XL but the website and (some versions of the packaging) explicitly state that the size corresponds to size 12-14 clothing. The S/M size is said to correspond to size 8-10. The XS size is mentioned as being size 4-6. You incorrectly assumed the Goodnites product "fits" up
to size 20 since it mentions XL. I previously have attached photos/screenshots showing where the size equivalents are explicitly stated, so you can search for the old thread if you are interested.

All I was saying is why say "I can fit in X product" when you can just as easily say "I was able to get X product on without ripping."

Last edited by a moderator:
Because most people on the forum seem to understand 'fit into' as almost slang for 'it didn't explode in a ball of diaper fluff'. XD I don't take it at it's literal meaning (which is technically correct, but in the sense the word is being appropriated as 'slang', you just can't.)

I don't know how anyone could read someone with a 38" waist saying "I fit into a Pampers" without reading it as "I like diaper thongs!" or "I managed to get it to stay on for five minutes and then it blew apart."

And a lot of people want Goodnites because they like the printed designs. Commonly available adult pull-ups don't usually have the same kind of printing. (Always do, but then it's just a little bow and purple swirls, which is cute but doesn't 'do it' for some people.)

CuddleWoozle said:
Because most people on the forum seem to understand 'fit into' as almost slang for 'it didn't explode in a ball of diaper fluff'. XD I don't take it at it's literal meaning (which is technically correct, but in the sense the word is being appropriated as 'slang', you just can't.)

I don't know how anyone could read someone with a 38" waist saying "I fit into a Pampers" without reading it as "I like diaper thongs!" or "I managed to get it to stay on for five minutes and then it blew apart."

And a lot of people want Goodnites because they like the printed designs. Commonly available adult pull-ups don't usually have the same kind of printing. (Always do, but then it's just a little bow and purple swirls, which is cute but doesn't 'do it' for some people.)
Cuddlewoozle, you make me laugh every time! “I like diaper thongs!” Oh my.... I have to admit, although most of the time I can squeeze myself into a L/XL goodnites (and I DO do it for the cute printed designs...my little age is about 2 1/2 and a Rebel against potty training. Oh if they only made a CUTE adult pull up for us!) I in no way consider myself a “fit” more of a “I kept it on for a couple hours without ripping and managed to wet it once so it’s good enough for me!”

Goodnites are really not that great, I would go for a size small adult diaper if I were you, something premium/ABDL grade like something from ABU, Tykables, or Northshore, Rearz are good too I hear, but I've never tried them.

Any of those will blow Goodnites out of the water.

BabyTyrant said:
Goodnites are really not that great, I would go for a size small adult diaper if I were you, something premium/ABDL grade like something from ABU, Tykables, or Northshore, Rearz are good too I hear, but I've never tried them.

Any of those will blow Goodnites out of the water.

But the price is 4-5 times more than a single Goodnites cost, so you can't compare them at all, a single ABDL diaper is around 4$ each (5,25$ if you include the US to CAD exchange rates here), Goodnites in box of 34 cost around 0,82$CAD each in Canada when they are on sale at Wal-Mart for 23,97$ (we have taxes here and they still apply to baby diapers but it may change soon since they could soon be declared an essential item, and you can't have taxes on essential items for babies and toddlers here) For sure ABDL diapers can hold much more and are much cuter, but it comes to a very high price due to the very limited market they are designed for.

I guess for the cost and sheer accessibility Goodnites might be alright; but much better diapers are worth the extra cost and shipment time

Schwanensee said:
And what, pray tell, is your definition of "fit"? The one I found is "to be of the right shape and size for". So if I can wear a DryNite comfortably, isn't it of the right shape and size for me?

Yup, DryNites are the right shape and size. I can hardly stand it when six-tapers demand that we wear what they think is right, even if their garment makes some people uncomfortable.

- - - Updated - - -

Schwanensee said:
Okay, that sounds fair.

But, see, the "designed size range" thing. I don't know about goodnites, but with drynites, they claim to be for ages 8-15. I know this is just a stupid technicality, but when I was 15, or even 14, I was the exact same size as I am now. In fact, I still own many clothes from that time that fit me perfectly now. No, I wasn't overweight, nor am I now, I was and am a perfectly normal size. So aren't they designed to fit my body shape, even though I am way out of that age range?

And yes, I know I said previously that I pre-stretch them to make the fit more comfortable, but I wouldn't call that a modification. I don't know about function since I don't do that, but their function for me is to look cute (which they do^^).

So, if you don't have to squeeze into them and can wear them normally, but aren't technically in the "designed size range", does that automatically mean they don't fit?

Stick with the DryNites. The six-taper Depend people have absolutely no clue about the personal needs of others. You need the product that is right for YOU, not the one that's right for somebody else!

BabyTyrant said:
I guess for the cost and sheer accessibility Goodnites might be alright; but much better diapers are worth the extra cost and shipment time

Ok I know this part will be partly off-topic, but I needed to share it for once, I'll never accept to throw away something worth 4-5$ each, sorry but I don't have that kind of money to spend on this, I'm on welfare, I wish I could afford them, but its out of my budget and will never ever be something I can even dream about, so I keep using what I know works for me and is more in my price range. And even if I'm on welfare, sometimes when I see some families shopping at Wal-Mart and I see they are checking the diaper box for sales and struggle on what goes back on the shelf for them, I sometimes offer to pay for them, cause I know their little ones need them more than myself, more than once, I came out of Wal-Mart without my trusty box of Goodnites because I decided to spend the spare money I had for them to offer diapers to a little one that needed them more than myself, actually, last week was the 3rd time I did this in 2018, in those hard times when I don't have any to wear, its hard, but I know I've done the right thing and I know at least, I have some bread and some stuff to put in my stomach and that I don't risk the electric company to shut my electricity off.

Well, you cant say that ABDL diapers cost $4-$5 each, that is simply if you are ordering samples.

You can order a half case for about $2 per diaper (or less), and the price is even less if you buy whole cases at a time.

Yes the price up front is a lot, but they are worth it and can lasts a very long time if you dont use diapers all the time.

BabyTyrant said:
Yes the price up front is a lot, but they are worth it and can lasts a very long time if you dont use diapers all the time.

I agree often if you can buy a whole case or two cases it can be as cheap as $1 each or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
NeverKnow said:
What you said was...
Anyway, my point was just that I have never seen anyone come back to an ABDL website and say "I was given to understand that...There is simply no misleading or misinforming of that sort going on.
Actually in the very next sentence I said
Everyone on here is a pretty reasonable person and generally understands ... However there always seems to be a handful of people who say they can fit in X product designed for a maximum of Y waist and hips when they themselves admit their waist and or hips measurement in considerably larger and then continue to misinform or mislead people.
You were taking my first sentence out of context, I was saying "Everyone [for the most part] on here" I apologize for the confusion since I did not include the bracketed words. And in all honesty I have seen several instances on here where someone asks if they can fit in one of Goodnites, Drynites, Pull-Ups, Underjams, Easy-Ups, et al and a few people on here claim to have some waist size over 32" and say "they fit great" or something to that effect then OP proceeds to buy them on the advice of someone on here and then complains and says they had to return them or sell them cause they ripped or were too tight etc.
NeverKnow said:
I suspect that the ABDLs who like wearing Goodnites don't wear adult pull-ups because they are pretty hideous and don't look at all like the pull-ups kids wear, and lots of ABDLs care about factors besides fit and function.
True that other factors count, but it doesn't do you much good to buy something that will rip or leak or that you can't get on. And if certain products are made to fit up to a 28" waist, people with a 36" waist may do better to buy an ABDL product or an adult product and modify them to their liking such as adding their own designs if they want designs.
NeverKnow said:
I understand the word 'akin'.
I was just giving some hypothetical dimensions, the numbers I used have nothing to do with the OP. The dimensions are not at all relevant to the OP's specific case. Sorry again for the misunderstanding.
NeverKnow said:
I may be misremembering the size of my jeans in high school. Maybe it was 18. In any case, just measured my waist and hips; they are 33" and 35". I have several pairs of pants that are 30"-30". I've got one pair of shorts with a 31" waist. They all fit (including several without stretch waists).
Boys size 18 is quite a bit shorter than 20. They have a 28 or 27" length respectively, depending on if it is 18 S or 18 H. 18 S has a 25.5" waist, 18 H has a 32" waist the same as a size 20 which is 2.5" longer. 18 S is 25.5" Waist and 28" Length-----18 H is 32" Waist and 27" Length----- 20 is 32" Waist and 29.5" Length
Just for clarity most brands don't offer size 20 shirts they will only offer either size 18 or 18/20 or XL. Boys generic sizes for underwear are often 4-6 S, 8-10 M, 12-14 L, 16-18 XL the corresponding waist listed on several sites was 21", 23", 26" and 28" respectively. As far as boys underwear goes, no major brands make size 20 as it would just be the size of a men's Medium roughly (32"-34" waist for most brands). Generic men's sizing is usually XS 28", S 30", M 32-34", L 36-38" & XL 40-42". So anything after size 16 for shirts would be pretty much the same as either a Men's XS or S. As mentioned previous Boys size 20 jeans would be close to a Mens 32-30, size 18 S has no men's equivalent as men's waist sizes only go down to 28 usually or occasionally a 27 if the jeans are made for guys about 12 to 14 years old to early to mid 20's, the closest would be the rare 27" W-28" L jeans that are only available online and sell out fast. Size 18 H would be closest to Mens 32-28 jeans but an inch shorter. For jeans and dress pants the following sizes formerly existed or were much more readily available but have been discontinued by most manufacturers because they can make more profit selling Men's sizes than Boy's and with the inception of XS sizes for many Men's clothing lines there is no need to make the largest boys sizes anymore: 18 Regular, 20 Slim, 20 Regular, 20 Husky
Basically specific size 20 and 18 R dress pants and jeans are no longer offered as they were all very close to existing Mens sizes. It is the same reason why they won't make Goodnites larger... $$$$ Companies are smart and know how to maximize profits and that is by not overlapping their boy's sizes with men's sizes and making people pay more for men's compared to the lower margin boy's clothes. Keep in mind I took your age into account since it is listed under your name on your posts. Sizing for boy's and men's clothes mostly changed in the mid 1990's predating you by a bit. When I was younger underwear was always in specific numerals, I still have some size 12 and 14 underwear from right before they switched to broader sizes.

As an aside Underjams S-M with the original sides would have ripped within minutes, you must have got them after they improved the sides.

okmis said:
I commend you for paying for other people's, however if you are on welfare you really should not be buying anything that is not a necessity. Diapers for a baby are a necessity while diapers or pull-ups for an adult without incontinence is not. If you were not on welfare then by all means by whatever you want.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree often if you can buy a whole case or two cases it can be as cheap as $1 each or so.

Buying in bulk would never be possible, I can't spend 100$ on a case of diapers which is probably the cheapest I could find, my welfare plan is different, I'm on it because I'm officially a disabled person unable to work, and in Canada, we don't have restrictions on what can be done with welfare, its a simple check deposited in our bank account, we're pretty lucky versus other places, like I think is US and UK its something else that works with some special money that has restrictions on it. I don't know the english term for disabled person welfare, I'm sure there's a better term for it.

Stay on-topic, please. Opinions on welfare aren't relevant to this thread - if you want to discuss that, make a new thread in Mature Topics.

HoganBunny said:
Stay on-topic, please. Opinions on welfare aren't relevant to this thread - if you want to discuss that, make a new thread in Mature Topics.

I'm with you. :D

So let me bring up a point. If fluid discharge is light, or if a product is only needed to keep skin dry and from developing problems, I would say buy what ever has the best duration, and costs the least. Goodnites can fit a 32" waist, with a fit similar to a regular low-cut brief. They can reliably take up a small amount of fluid, which would amount to a light dribbling. A minor case here, in my opinion.

Let me go further. Goodnites are not designed for the aged. They are designed with kids in mind. Many adults use pediatric products for their own needs. An example: Baby shampoos, baby wipes, baby powder (for feet, even). Oh, and let's talk a little about horses. Many will use a size 3 baby diaper to help with fluids in a hoof with an abscess.

So, there are two things. ONE: If you are seen leaving a store with a bag of Depend Real Fits, then everybody will assume it's for your own use. But if your intention is to be as discrete as possible, nobody who owns a horse is going to bat an eye if you are seen with a box of Pampers, or even Pull-Ups (they slip over a hoof with ease). Goodnites will even get a pass in that case.

Message to the OP is this: How is the length of the fit? Do they feel tight? Do they feel loose? Are they just right? Do they aid with personal comfort? Do they keep the skin dry? Can they take up minor drips? Can they be worn for long periods? If it's a size 7 Pampers, then can it be used as a pad without irritation, and serve the same purpose as a small pull-on when massive absorbency is not needed, yet maximum discreteness is?

If Goodnites work, then by all means buy the products. Social acceptance is extremely important. This is why I limit the amount of protection I use during the day, and opt for something that can last many hours while still allowing me full freedom to use a facility when necessary.

Go and buy a package of Goodnites, and feel confident!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back