Help! Will it fit me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbabybug

Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Hello, I'm new here but I thought you guys could give me some advice. My boyfriend wanted to buy me some pullups or something similar to that style. I did a little research and attempted to figure out what might fit me based on some old threads on this site. However, I'm still having a little trouble and I need some advice. I was thinking of having my boyfriend buy Goodnites L/XL. Also I'm not sure if I would even fit into the Goodnites size S/M. I don't plan on wetting them but if I do I know I would have to be careful because I think they would most likely leak.

I'm not sure if that size would fit well?? For reference I'm:

* Around 5'2 and a half
* 24 - 25 inch waist
* 33-34 inch hips
* And I weight around 108 lbs

Sounds like to me a medium or small

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

I would aim for small adult diapers, and also more on the two tape size since your hips seem to be a little bit bigger than your waist.

I imagine you can wear large goodnites.

I normally wear size small but some diaper companies products fit differently then others.

Brands that fit sorta big for a small size or are a medium: (would probably work well for you since you have a larger hip size)
Dry 24/7
Rearz - (all their brands fit the same)
Bambinos Magnifico (these only work because you can wrap it around your waist and tape it to the other sides flap, BUT BE WARNED they give you that baby diaper sag like you were playing in a kiddie pool when wet because it isn't technically your size xD)

Brands that fit small size but might be tight if larger hips: (might be a issue with larger hip size)
Cushies (I think this is because their small size machine is placing the tapes wrong someone mentioned this on twitter there was a like 2 inch difference from each side from the back)
kiddos
SDK
Tena slip maxi - (I haven't tried the new ones but from my experience from the old ones, they were good. I can't fully remeber if these were tighter fitting though or if it was just the tapes were so fing strong)

Brands that fit small perfect IMO:
Little paws
Abu Space
north 4 shore care
Molicares (pretty much any of their selection)

You're thinner than me, and I don't really have an issue fitting into the larger DryNites (the equivalent of goodnites over here), so if you don't plan on wetting them, you're good. They sit quite low on the hips though, which is not the most ideal in my opinion, but the designs are cute :)
To make sure they don't rip or cut off circulation, you can carefully stretch the waistband and legholes out with your hands before putting them on, at least that's what I do. But as you're within the suggested weight range for these, you should have an even easier time fitting into them!

Taped diapers fit and work way better then pullups

The 34" hips might be a problem with the Goodnites.

34" hips are definitely too large for small/medium goodnites. In fact the large/xl goodnites won't fit that great. Your waist size is not an issue, but your hips are in excess of 28" which is the max they were designed for (28" waist and/or hips).
Don't bother trying the S/M, and I would advise trying the other products suggested by others above instead of Goodnites and I think you will be pleasntly surprised by the other products.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

It sounds like you may fit into the l/XL goodnites. I wear those and they fit well (I am 6'2", not sure what my measurements are). The S/M may be too small.

Don't listen to anyone telling you that Goodnites won't fit, they don't consider that adults can wear them and I'm 99,9% sure the ones that say that never ever tried them before, my waist measurements are 41", I can't be sure for hips, but I fit in Goodnites L/XL, and they never ever rip on me, once I put one on, its around an inch from my belly and perfect fit on the back, I don't have to stretch them or anything, with a 24-25" waist, you will even fit in largest size of Pull-Ups, they might be tight and not go up high enough, but you can be sure they will fit and you can use them for small wetting without issues, people here are just not going to test something based on what they think, try them yourself, its so much cheaper than adult diapers and AB/DL diapers. I agree that if you intend to fully use them for their intended purpose, Goodnites might not work greatly, but I've been using them for more than 20 yrs now (yikes I'm really old now that I think of it) and never had a problem with them except when they tried to release their trim-fit version in 2006 if I remember correctly, that was a disaster but its for another topic. I must say that I'm wetting them but perhaps not like an adult would, I'm careful with this.

That's why they didn't work out for me even though I fit them well and liked the designs. They just plain old can't hold that much. XD And when I gotta go, I gotta GO.

My advice would be to just pick up a small pack of the L/XL and try them. They might be to your liking, they might not be.

You can probably squeeze into an l/xl goodnites, but don't listen to anyone who says they will fit. Those people seriously need to pick up a dictionary and learn the meaning of fit. As mentioned though, they will not have adequate capacity for absorbing an adult's full bladder. You will get leaks unless you don't plan on actually using them fully.

Stick with small tabbed style adult diapers. Cloth like diapers are ok for light to moderate wetting. For full or heavy use, you will need plastic backed disposables.

Slomo said:
You can probably squeeze into an l/xl goodnites, but don't listen to anyone who says they will fit. Those people seriously need to pick up a dictionary and learn the meaning of fit. As mentioned though, they will not have adequate capacity for absorbing an adult's full bladder. You will get leaks unless you don't plan on actually using them fully.

Stick with small tabbed style adult diapers. Cloth like diapers are ok for light to moderate wetting. For full or heavy use, you will need plastic backed disposables.

And what, pray tell, is your definition of "fit"? The one I found is "to be of the right shape and size for". So if I can wear a DryNite comfortably, isn't it of the right shape and size for me?

Schwanensee said:
And what, pray tell, is your definition of "fit"?

My notion of "fits" means I'm within the designed size range, and can wear normally, without modification, and comfortably, without loss of performance.

i.e. I don't count "I can squeeze into it".

bambinod said:
My notion of "fits" means I'm within the designed size range, and can wear normally, without modification, and comfortably, without loss of performance.

i.e. I don't count "I can squeeze into it".

Okay, that sounds fair.

But, see, the "designed size range" thing. I don't know about goodnites, but with drynites, they claim to be for ages 8-15. I know this is just a stupid technicality, but when I was 15, or even 14, I was the exact same size as I am now. In fact, I still own many clothes from that time that fit me perfectly now. No, I wasn't overweight, nor am I now, I was and am a perfectly normal size. So aren't they designed to fit my body shape, even though I am way out of that age range?

And yes, I know I said previously that I pre-stretch them to make the fit more comfortable, but I wouldn't call that a modification. I don't know about function since I don't do that, but their function for me is to look cute (which they do^^).

So, if you don't have to squeeze into them and can wear them normally, but aren't technically in the "designed size range", does that automatically mean they don't fit?

Schwanensee said:
And what, pray tell, is your definition of "fit"? The one I found is "to be of the right shape and size for". So if I can wear a DryNite comfortably, isn't it of the right shape and size for me?

Yeah, right size and shape. Well suited, and of suitable quality to meet it's intended purpose. And according to the manufacturer, none of that applies to adults. It simply does not fit you in spite of how much you like it or how well it works for you. Get it right, they are adequate for you, you can squeeze into one no problem, but they do not fit.

Everyone on here is a pretty reasonable person and generally understands the difference between something fitting as the manufacturer intended and being able to get something on without ripping. However there always seems to be a handful of people who say they can fit in X product designed for a maximum of Y waist and hips when they themselves admit their waist and or hips measurement in considerably larger and then continue to misinform or mislead people.
Everyone is free to buy and use whatever they want, whatever product that might be, but it would be best if they would refrain from leading people to believe it will fit them when it is obvious they will not fit.

It would be akin to telling a guy with a 40 inch waist that he can fit into boys size 14 clothing which is 27 or 28 inch waist.

Just one thing I would like to mention, to the person who says they are the same size as when they were 15 or 16...
You may be the same size as when you were that age but Goodnites and Drynites are both designed to fit a maximum of a 28" hips and waist and to have the capicity for absorbing roughly the correct amount for someone around 14-15 of average size, possibly even skewed a bit to the smaller size. If you have a waist and hip measurement of 28 inches or less then they fit, if you are more than a few inches larger they probably don't fit as well but you might still be able to gey them on and no one is disputing that. Generally Goodnites and Drynites cater more towards smaller/thinner kids than larger kids to avoid any product overlap or competition with their own brands of adult products. That is why a larger size is probably never going to be made.

To the OP, good luck with whatever decision you make.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

As previously stated, I second that L/XL goodnites will be a good way for you two to start out. Everyone else should just relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back