I need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellhieme

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
So I'm going to order some little paws and I need some advice on the size. The large is said to fit up to a 44. my waist is 44. The XL says it fits 45 to 52. do they fit big or small? I guess I'll see of i can find a trial pack. what have y'alls experience been?

From experience, ABU is pretty spot on with their sizing, especially when it comes to their double tape brands. Often times I find that their single-tape brands run or are cut a bit smaller, making for more of a snug fit.

If you are a 44 waist and that is the high-end cutoff of the Large Little Pawz, do yourself a favour and go with the size up. I'm actually right between sizes and I always go with the next size up for a more optimal and proper fit. If I go with a medium as opposed to a large, the fit is too snug to be overly comfortable and the leg elastics cut into my thighs. If your waist is 44, you run the risk of the large size being far too snug and not getting an accurate fit. Going with the size up will likely ensure a nice, comfortable fit. Of course, sometimes with larger sizes you run the risk of the diaper hanging too loosely, but if you are at the high-end of the waist size requirements that likely won't happen if you go with the next size up. I'm a waist size 38-39, which is usually between a medium and a large, on a large brand I'm at the low-end requirement and I've never had a problem getting the diaper to fit correctly and snug.

So, when in doubt, go up a size, you won't regret it :)

thank you I'm gonna try the bigger size :) you've been very helpful happy padding!

I agree with the advice to move up one size. I have a 37-38" waist, the top end of the mediums, and they are just barely big enough and borderline comfortable. The next size up works better for me.

Should fit. I'm 42" and the Large is a little big on me (in my opinion)

But if you're nervous go for the bigger size.

In my experience ABU runs a little small. That being said however, I have large hips. It's been a while since I've measured, but last time I checked I have about a 45'' waist and 51 1/2'' hips. I almost don't fit in extra-large Preschools.

Sheepies said:
Should fit. I'm 42" and the Large is a little big on me (in my opinion)

But if you're nervous go for the bigger size.

Forgive me for being a bit nosy, but if I recall correctly I remember you posting about wearing 4T-5T Pull-Ups. At a 42'' waist, are you able to do this without modding?

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
In my experience ABU runs a little small. That being said however, I have large hips. It's been a while since I've measured, but last time I checked I have about a 45'' waist and 51 1/2'' hips. I almost don't fit in extra-large Preschools.

Forgive me for being a bit nosy, but if I recall correctly I remember you posting about wearing 4T-5T Pull-Ups. At a 42'' waist, are you able to do this without modding?
Oh absolutely with mods lol. No way in heck I'd fit otherwise.

Very low rise as well.

Hellhieme said:
So I'm going to order some little paws and I need some advice on the size. The large is said to fit up to a 44. my waist is 44. The XL says it fits 45 to 52. do they fit big or small? I guess I'll see of i can find a trial pack. what have y'alls experience been?

ABU is a bit on the "small end" of sizing by the letters I tape up my diapers for about a 41" distance around the top for daytime, 42" for night, and for me size Large abu (except the pekabu of course) fit me perfectly. At 44" your top tapes are going to be about 10" apart, and the lower tapes are going to start having issues getting to the tape panel. You're borderline unfortunately. I'd suggest getting XL. Better a little too large than a little too small.

thank you all for the advice. I ordered the XLs and am suuuuuuper excited to try them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back