17 hours? Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MixerOp

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I heard a story of an airline studying the habits of its passengers. There was one flight that was 17 hours long. Apparently, he didn't get up from his seat, even once. I can only think, he had to be wearing protection. I wonder what, though.

Perhaps! But even then it's rough to be in a diaper for that long. Maybe a leg bag? Or maybe it's that the air recirculation in planes is very drying, and he wasn't replacing fluids lost through evaporation from the skin, mouth, nose, etc.

The guy sat in the window seat next to me never moved for 8 hours on a recent flight back from the USA. I had to change my nappy twice in that time. Lots of fun in the confines of an aircraft toilet.

Boneheaded move to sit in your seat and not get up for that long. Shall I say DVT!!!! You should be getting up and moving every 30 minutes to a hour at max. Sitting confined like that is horrible and unwise! Even handicapped folks need to move or get DVT or pressure sores or blood pooling in lower parts of the body.

ST50 said:
The guy sat in the window seat next to me never moved for 8 hours on a recent flight back from the USA. I had to change my nappy twice in that time. Lots of fun in the confines of an aircraft toilet.

I saw on the news where one of the major airlines, I forget which one, is reducing the size of their bathroom to just two feet wide. Trevor Noah had it on his show. It was funny on the show, not so funny in real life, especially if you have to change a diaper.

I don't care for flying, although i tend to fly quite a bit. The short 3 to 4 hour flights aren't so bad. The longer ones really get to me. I seem to get really anxious, knowing that I am trapped in a tiny little personal space for so long. And to make it worse. I generally can not sleep on a plane..... Until a friend gave me a Valium. What a wonderful thing.
My point is maybe these people that don't move, may be self medicated. Im sure my friend and I aren't the only people to discover this.

BOXERSORBRIEFS said:
I generally can not sleep on a plane..... Until a friend gave me a Valium. What a wonderful thing.

Sez yoooooou. XD The first (and last) time I took one of those, I was staring at my mom's fluffy cat for a full five minutes while she meowed at me in the bathroom. Finally I say "WHAT ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU HAIRY?" Mom came over, sees me sitting in the bathroom staring at the cat and she's like "That's the cat...what are you doing?" And I decided in a moment of clarity that I had better call into work or risk getting walked out for being high. LOL

(They were prescribed to me by a doctor for an injury I had to my shoulders. Apparently they were supposed to help prevent the muscle spasms I was having in my neck/back but they spazzed my brain too much instead. LOL!)

CuddleWoozle said:
Sez yoooooou. XD The first (and last) time I took one of those, I was staring at my mom's fluffy cat for a full five minutes while she meowed at me in the bathroom. Finally I say "WHAT ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU HAIRY?" Mom came over, sees me sitting in the bathroom staring at the cat and she's like "That's the cat...what are you doing?" And I decided in a moment of clarity that I had better call into work or risk getting walked out for being high. LOL

(They were prescribed to me by a doctor for an injury I had to my shoulders. Apparently they were supposed to help prevent the muscle spasms I was having in my neck/back but they spazzed my brain too much instead. LOL!)

See... They gave me 2 for my Lasic and I didn't feel anything, but maybe slightly more relaxed. The nurses were surprised I was still conscious lol. Might be because my body is used to...green meds? 🙃🙃

CVS91 said:
See... They gave me 2 for my Lasic and I didn't feel anything, but maybe slightly more relaxed. The nurses were surprised I was still conscious lol. Might be because my body is used to...green meds? ����

Haha!

"You should be asleep right now. We gave you enough elephant tranquilizer for a full-grown bull elephant."
"Not sleepy."
"BUT...HOW?"

XD

It might just be individual tolerance. I don't usually take anything super-strong. As a result when they give me the 'good stuff' at the hospital it knocks my butt out.

"Here's a Percocet."
*woozle eats it*
"You may feel drowsy."
*woozle is dead to the world for two days*

On a flight from East Coast to let's say Chicago, I won't usually get up and walk around. However, on a flight from East Coast to anywhere over the Mississippi River, I will get up to use the airplane's bathroom or get up to just get the blood flowing again so my legs are like jelly when the plane finally lands and I can get off of it. I enjoy flying though and I do not wear on flights or on vacation as I'm more on the DL side of things and wear whenever I want.

17 hours is crazy long to sit in the one spot! For sure he/she must have been in a heavy duty diaper and restricting intake. Sounds mighty dangerous!

DVT isn't an issue in healthy people. I routinely fly 3-4 (or longer) legs, seated the whole time. It's NBD. When I used to road trip across the country, I stopped when the fuel tank dictated (about every 4.5 hours). No cruise control, either, and a stick shift. I've done several Iron Butt 1000 mile in 24 hour motorcycle trips...

WildBlueCrinkle said:
DVT isn't an issue in healthy people. I routinely fly 3-4 (or longer) legs, seated the whole time. It's NBD. When I used to road trip across the country, I stopped when the fuel tank dictated (about every 4.5 hours). No cruise control, either, and a stick shift. I've done several Iron Butt 1000 mile in 24 hour motorcycle trips...
It can be. DVT can happen in anybody healthy or not. By the way you have the ability to stretch your legs on a motorcycle unlike in a coach class (cattle) class seat on a Jetplane. Airline rules, Federal rules and the best yet the failure to abide by crewmember instructions or face federal charges or the lighted information signs one too. You are risking your own health by sitting the entire flight.
I wont take that risk.

I have done 10 hours before on a flight in an M4 and PUL underpants - no problems. I was able to sleep about 4 of those hours. By the time we did land I had to go to the bathroom and "go typical" in the toilet and change into my training underwear and PULs for the expected 2 hour car drive to the hotel.

It's really not that much of a risk. I just flew >6 hours straight, and getting up wasn't an option. (Being padded, OTOH, was a necessity; coffee hit me about 3 hours in.)

This was on Qantas' new flight between Perth, Australia, and London. The trip is the second longest in the world. Crazy amount of time to be sitting in the one spot.

Qantas did the study to see how passengers reacted to the flight time. Pretty soon, they'll open up the Sydney to London flight, which would be the longest flight in the world.

You'd be looking at changing diapers at least three times on that flight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back