Night time diaper changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfront

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Do most people who wear a diaper through the night make it through to the morning without a change in the middle of the night? (Assuming you're putting on a fresh diaper at bedtime, wearing a good quality diaper with booster pad, and only drinking small amounts of fluid during the night.) Or how wet do you let your diaper get at night before changing it?

yfront said:
Do most people who wear a diaper through the night make it through to the morning without a change in the middle of the night? (Assuming you're putting on a fresh diaper at bedtime, wearing a good quality diaper with booster pad, and only drinking small amounts of fluid during the night.) Or how wet do you let your diaper get at night before changing it?
Once on my nappy stays on until morning. I sleep through my bedwetting every night and wake soaking wet in the morning.

I make it through the night with just one, as long as it's a good one. I've taken to coming home and putting on a Crinklz every night before bed. Sometimes I'll wake up dry, other times, no. (Today was a 'no'. :p That's what I get for drinking a big bottle of lemonade before bedtime though!)

yfront said:

I try to make sure I've got "sufficient capacity" for the night. Some nights a 247 will do. Other wnights I'd better wear a safari. It varies. The plan is to never need to wake up and get out of bed early for a change.

IMO, if you're having to get up in the middle of the night (or even early in the morning) to change because your diaper is about to leak, you need to be wearing thicker diapers.

I hardly ever need to change at night, because if I have had anything more than an average fluid intake I increase the absorbency to suit. Minimum is a Betterdry; after a serious drinking evening I will double-up and add a 2XL booster or more. One of the best things about wearing at night is that extreme bulk is fine. The comfort of a really thick nappy helps me sleep, unless it is so thick that I can't lie flat and get backache! High waist plastic pants help catch any little waistband leaks and an absorbent bed pad under the sheet prevents them damaging the mattress if they do get out.

Lounging around in bed in the morning without a change can use up the last of the available capacity and get close to leaking. But I like to change on waking for freshness if possible; if not then a change is usually required soon anyway, to clean up the mess that inevitably occurs after breakfast.

I've misjudged a time or two when I was 24/7, but in general they get me through the night. I don't usually have to urinate during the night anyway, so for the most part a thinner diaper will do.

yfront said:

It's easy enough for me to make it through the night in a single diaper, usually a boosted M4 with a Garywear cover.
Usually I go without any leaks or need to change until morning, most of the time the boosted M4 manages with a little extra absorbent room towards the back.
Only end up leaking slightly if I've hydrated way too much or had an amount of alcoholic drinks >u<

But if you are leaking you probably require a higher end, heavier duty night time diaper and possibly boosters if what you're using can't stand up to the nights worth of wetting.

Like others have said, I generally do not need to change my nighttime diaper until morning.

since i live with my parents, my dad comes in at night and changes me. i usually dont even wake up!

I change before dinner and then before breakfast. Messy or wet I usually just wait till morning. I’ve only ever changed in the night once but as I am not incontinent I can usually hold till morning.

I stay in my diaper all night generally, and usually about an hour after waking up while I check notifications on my phone before I get out of bed. If I'm getting changed in the meantime it's because I'm having some bad BM problems, either before I've made it to sleep, or bad enough to wake me up, which does happen once in a while.

I sleep through the night and wake-up most mornings "ultra-drenched" in my own pee-pee.

TransNate said:
since i live with my parents, my dad comes in at night and changes me. i usually dont even wake up!

A few months back my girl friend changed me over night and i didn't wake up. I was dead tired that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back