Fecal Incontinence Help in School

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I get it now. That makes sense. Also, my dad is letting me wear Spiderman pullups at home. That's pretty cool. They are way thinner than what I wear at school, but I like that they're basically underpants!

Speaking of Spiderman, my dad is letting me wear Spiderman pullups. Technically they aren't meant for someone my size, and definitely not poop, but i love them nonetheless. Theh feel like undies mostly so I like them. And I bet I can handle them.

Excellent Nate :biggrin:

Nate I was pretty "normal" kid growing up and into adulthood ,my mom gave me a whole range of inspiration to be something ? But no pressure to be anything in particular ,i became a public servant both in my career and my life , Mom came along for every gradutation, every medal ceremony ,every promotion she was there to let me know she was proud of me .

In 2003 everything in my life came to a full stop ,i got sick very sick , my mom was there for my retirement & My first wheelchair,still proud of me ,she never wavered in how she treated me or how proud she was of me from able bodied to crippled .

I can safely say it matters very little to your mom & dad if you wear diapers or underwear ,it certainly didn't to mine ,and matter of fact, I teased my mom that she thought she was smart adopting me after I was potty trained ,it became a personal joke between us .

The only thing your parents care about is that you have a good life ,and you do your best to be a good person ,nothing else is important it's all transient and circumstantial superficial life nonsense.

Be honest, do your best whatever that may be ,it can be different and change at different times ,but being honest about your needs ,wants, hopes and dreams is a continum thru your whole life ,of course your parents won't be around for all of it ,but you as there living legacy having the best life you can, will be a continuing source of pride for them .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

you sit long enough in a poopy diaper you are risking sores that could land you in the hospital very fast you need not be scared to ask for help i am willing to bet that in your class room there is at lease one more person in that class room that has the very same thing you have and is changed by said aides everyday

With me being seen as a more-able Autistic, despite my Cerebral Palsy, I perform my own diaper changes.
Sigh...
At 5:30 AM, I woke up not just wet, but mega-poopy.
It took me 30 minutes to clean myself up, along with the poop I leaked/plopped onto the bathroom floor.

That's so sad caitianx i also have those NOT so pleasant times of waking up with full load :frown:

I think it would be more embarrassing for them to find out on their own then to tell them in person. And as well telling them shows you have courage.

Thanks for sharing theres plenty of us out here to help ^.^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A yes those dreadful cramps that makes you just want to scream youre lungs out and rip the toilet from the floor :frown:

Now that I'm at home full time with my dad for the summer, he's been nice about the diapers. He's even letting me go to the mall all by myself! I'm a little nervous but I know that 4 hours isn't bad at all. I'll update you on what happens!

That's excellent news Nate. youre doing great and you should feel proud of yourself :thumbsup:

Oh boy. Mall isn't going the best. I'm here and I brought an extra diaper just in case I needed it. Which I do right now it's very yucky. But I don't know how to change its always my dad or an aide. So I've got three hours left and it's probably yucky to everyone around me. Oh boy.

Go to the bathroom take the diaper out
Fold it in half long ways .
Lower the diaper you are wearing not too far so it catches any accidents but out of the diaper region.
Unfold the back of the diaper that's the side with the tapes hold it behind you as you lean against wall.
When your body weight is holding the back ,reach down and pull the front off the diaper up ,unfold the wings and center it over your genitals .
Using the lower tapes first unfold the tape and attached it snugly to front ,repeat on the other side, now lean forward and take the weight off the back make sure it is pulled up comfortably.
Now attache the upper tapes one at a time (use your hip bones as a guide) hook the top tapes over your hip bones pointing slightly downward ,now remove the yucky diaper roll it up and through in trash can .
Go to sink and wash your hands with soap for one minute rinse hands under water.

Congratulations you just changed your first diaper!
Now go back into mall and have some fun with the time you have left before being picked up to go home.

If you can practice doing this at home ,you will become more comfortable at doing it, and will develope your own personal style, and come to understand how you like the placement of the tapes for best fit to your body.

If you go on you tube there are nursing training videos of both standing people as well as laying down diaper changes that you can watch, to help familiarise yourself with the process. It's not hard to do but will become even easier as you gain experience and become more comfortable it will become second nature to get a good fit.

Reactions: Takashi
I agree with Tetra - practice at home changing your own diaper. That way you will be more comfortable going out in public.

Tetra said:
Go to the bathroom take the diaper out
Fold it in half long ways .
Lower the diaper you are wearing not too far so it catches any accidents but out of the diaper region.
Unfold the back of the diaper that's the side with the tapes hold it behind you as you lean against wall.
When your body weight is holding the back ,reach down and pull the front off the diaper up ,unfold the wings and center it over your genitals .
Using the lower tapes first unfold the tape and attached it snugly to front ,repeat on the other side, now lean forward and take the weight off the back make sure it is pulled up comfortably.
Now attache the upper tapes one at a time (use your hip bones as a guide) hook the top tapes over your hip bones pointing slightly downward ,now remove the yucky diaper roll it up and through in trash can .
Go to sink and wash your hands with soap for one minute rinse hands under water.

Congratulations you just changed your first diaper!
Now go back into mall and have some fun with the time you have left before being picked up to go home.

If you can practice doing this at home ,you will become more comfortable at doing it, and will develope your own personal style, and come to understand how you like the placement of the tapes for best fit to your body.

If you go on you tube there are nursing training videos of both standing people as well as laying down diaper changes that you can watch, to help familiarise yourself with the process. It's not hard to do but will become even easier as you gain experience and become more comfortable it will become second nature to get a good fit.

Thanks so much for the help! When I did it, it was super hard, super time consuming, and super yucky. I have no idea how my aides or how my dad do it every day! But I got clean, and now I know how! Thanks again!

Not a problem my friend,.as far as being icky my insurance provides gloves so I also have gloves in a little case you could do the same and never worry about any kind of mess, it also helps to carry a couple of grocery sacks with gloves because rolling it up and putting it in a back or more discrete than just tossing it into the bin ,whatever your more comfortable with.

And don't every feel self conscious of asking questions there are lots of good people her who have been dealing with this for many years.

TransNate said:
Thanks so much for the help! When I did it, it was super hard, super time consuming, and super yucky. I have no idea how my aides or how my dad do it every day! But I got clean, and now I know how! Thanks again!

You have done very well Nate in actually managed to clean yourself and change youre diaper with the EXCELLENT advices of Tetra :worshippy: as Tetra says if you practice at home you will be more and more confidant in actually being able to do this yourself in time Nate. (perhaps take a copy of this instructions in writing and keep with you in youre diaper bag could be a good idea ? )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back