Status
Not open for further replies.

jakece

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Hi guys,

so I was just wondering, since it's a long time ago I bought last pack od Drynites, how are these compared to other baby diapers? As long as I remember, it was not as great, as it should be.
In the meantime, I went throught many baby brands, which are selled here in central europe such as babylove, tesco and natuvell.
Now I have last few pieces of Pampers active baby-dry size 6, which I'm really amazed by. Even they "fit" really tight (no discussion about what is and isn't fit please :D ), the absorbency is really amazing. I could go with one full pee and they absorb everything very quickly.
So, to my question, how are the drynites going on with absorbency these days, compared to pampers size 6 (considering many people don't know other brands :) )?

Reactions: babyfur13
drynites are trash. trust me

The only thing that Drynites has going for them is their designs. The protection has gotten worse over the years and I wouldn't recommend them for someone whose kid is a heavy wetter.

Drynites Swell Lovely and can sag lovely too they absorb around 1200ml but you need to pee carefully and preferably with it pointing somewhere towards the middle of the diaper. They leak quite often too but hey I'm the bedwetter and was let down by them only a few times. I'm well within the L/XL weight range also can Fit in S/M size

Well, sad to hear this. As I prefer just baby diapers, Drynites are fine for me in terms of fit, as they fit just fine. I would probably go for one pack of drynites and one of pampers, as the variety of baby diapers selled here is not so great, and even with worse "fit", pampers absorb really well.

Coreyteen19 said:
Drynites Swell Lovely and can sag lovely too they absorb around 1200ml

that's bullshit. i tested them myself and they don't come anywhere close to that number

I don't know what they do absorb, but it's most certainly NOT that much. Maybe 800 to 900ml. Someone did a test on a Goodnite (Which are similar enough in construction and composition that I would imagine the results would be similar for filling it up.)

I have tried them (and nearly every other similar product) and they freaking suck. I'm sorry to disappoint anyone, but they're barely usable for adults, even when you can get them on. And I've just finished reading a mother's complaint that her five year old pees enough to flood them (and his bed, apparently.) According to her he is well within the size range for the Drynites he's wearing as the others would be too big and hang off of him. If a five year old pees enough to leak everywhere, I don't think they'd be holding 1200ml of anything.

(And no, pouring water into them when you aren't wearing them is NOT finding the usable capacity. You gotta wear those suckers when you do that kind of testing because they'll sag and leak out the leg holes.)

CuddleWoozle said:
I don't know what they do absorb, but it's most certainly NOT that much. Maybe 800 to 900ml. Someone did a test on a Goodnite (Which are similar enough in construction and composition that I would imagine the results would be similar for filling it up.)

I have tried them (and nearly every other similar product) and they freaking suck. I'm sorry to disappoint anyone, but they're barely usable for adults, even when you can get them on. And I've just finished reading a mother's complaint that her five year old pees enough to flood them (and his bed, apparently.) According to her he is well within the size range for the Drynites he's wearing as the others would be too big and hang off of him. If a five year old pees enough to leak everywhere, I don't think they'd be holding 1200ml of anything.

(And no, pouring water into them when you aren't wearing them is NOT finding the usable capacity. You gotta wear those suckers when you do that kind of testing because they'll sag and leak out the leg holes.)
Well I can upload a Pic of them actually holding 1200ml. But That's just my 2 cents. You gotta be fitting them perfectly In order to achieve 1200ml. Read Be Thin and Skinny. Definitely 52-55KG in weight it's 112 LBS in imperial. otherwise you will make them leak If u attempt sitting in them.

Coreyteen19 said:
Well I can upload a Pic of them actually holding 1200ml. But That's just my 2 cents. You gotta be fitting them perfectly In order to achieve 1200ml. Read Be Thin and Skinny. Definitely 52-55KG in weight it's 112 LBS in imperial. otherwise you will make them leak If u attempt sitting in them.

As I said, I'm talking about it being USABLE capacity, not just "It'll hold!" I'm sure that a lot of padding will 'hold' a lot more than it's usable capacity, but still you won't be able to put that much into them while you're wearing them. :p

To me, honestly, it's not worth the trouble of worrying about when it's gonna 'pop'. When I tried using them, if I had an accident, they would hold so much, then overflow and run down my leg. I doubt that I was letting out even CLOSE to 1200ml.

Unfortunately they are garbage and get worse every year. I'm a big fan of Drynites and they are probably my favorite diaper, but each and every year they just get worse. I'm a short guy 5'2 and not packing a rocket down there. Unless your going to driple its going to leak. I'm pretty sure the width has got smaller over the years as well, as I am finding it harder to fit it downthere.

Although I have a fetish for them and have about 5 cases of them under my bed, just don't bother unless you like the designs of course!

Coreyteen19 said:

i weigh exatly 55 kilos, they fit me perfecetly, and i can tell you that they don't hold anything more than a small dribble without leaking. there are much better alternatives

Absorbency depends a lot on mineral content of urine (salt, etc.), which can differ between people depending on what foods and how much water have been consumed.

The most absorbent material in the diaper is sodium polyacrylate. It can absorb 800 times its own weight in distilled water, 300 times its own weight in tap water, and 30 times its own weight in urine because of salts and impurities.

1200ml is 5 cups of water. A drynite soaked to every corner with distilled water may hold this much, but that's unrealistic for something with mineral content like urine.

Hearing this is what I tought would be the situation. I really like drynites in the meaning of fit and design - these we're like the first kind of diaper, I could fit in years ago. But as I bought them next years, I remember having quite a lot of leaks - even sitting in them was not an option (but i could sit without leak in pampers size 6 :D ). In the meantime of wearing other baby diapers as mentioned in first post, which is for like 2 years, I hoped that drynites changed to better, not worse.
So at one side is really bad absorbency with good fit, on the other one, baby diapers with great absorbency, but with really limited "fit" for me. Sadly, no abdl diapers are selled here for at least affordable price - shiping would cost enourmous price :D and adult diapers are not for me :D I'm screwed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back