Good everyday diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophiaa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've been having a bit of an issue with my bladder recently, more than usual. I find it super hard to hold anything and have occasionally wet myself a little before making it to the toilet.

I'm thinking about buying a case of betterdry / crinklz diapers to try out, although I know many say that abena's are good. I heard some things that kind of made me think otherwise, apparently they have a weird smell when wet etc?

I'm just looking for a good diaper that can be used throughout the day, they can have a simple design although if it's a cute diaper then that's just a plus.

I'm mainly wanting a diaper that's good for long wear, don't really leak that easily (when sitting down) and can absorb quite a bit before needing a change. I'd also like it if the diaper absorbed fluids at the back as well, not just the front. Basically just an all-round good diaper.

I'm also from the UK so that may change some things. I'd most likely be ordering from Amazon or NappiesRUs. If anyone can help that would be so great!! Thank you.

I have never had an issue with smell with abenas. I love crinklz but they swell a lot so if discreet is an issue I wouldn't use them for work.

I use mainly tena pads or slips during the day they are pretty good and take a lot before leaking. I usually wear plastic pants when out and about just in case.

Sophiaa said:
I'm just looking for a good diaper that can be used throughout the day, they can have a simple design although if it's a cute diaper then that's just a plus.

I'm mainly wanting a diaper that's good for long wear, don't really leak that easily (when sitting down) and can absorb quite a bit before needing a change. I'd also like it if the diaper absorbed fluids at the back as well, not just the front. Basically just an all-round good diaper.

I'm also from the UK so that may change some things. I'd most likely be ordering from Amazon or NappiesRUs. If anyone can help that would be so great!! Thank you.

Normally I'd recommend ABU Preschool or Tykables Little Builders, but I don't know how available they'd be in your area. (probably not practical)

SaveExpress makes the MyDiaper line over there in Germany, you should have easy access to those. They've made many shell designs over the years, but they sell an all-white also. Capacity is pretty good for them, they'll hold a full wetting with capacity to spare, and are just thin enough to be discrete. They should be pretty cheap for you over there, shipping's a killer for us here in the USA and they really don't have any outlets over here. Construction is very good, tapes stick really well to the adjustable tape panel. Comfort is great with front and back elastic, the shell is smooth but tough, leak guards are great too. They size a little small.

bambinod said:
Normally I'd recommend ABU Preschool or Tykables Little Builders, but I don't know how available they'd be in your area. (probably not practical)

SaveExpress makes the MyDiaper line over there in Germany, you should have easy access to those. They've made many shell designs over the years, but they sell an all-white also. Capacity is pretty good for them, they'll hold a full wetting with capacity to spare, and are just thin enough to be discrete. They should be pretty cheap for you over there, shipping's a killer for us here in the USA and they really don't have any outlets over here. Construction is very good, tapes stick really well to the adjustable tape panel. Comfort is great with front and back elastic, the shell is smooth but tough, leak guards are great too. They size a little small.

The ABU diapers are fairly accessible and so MyDiaper diapers. I've tried a few from both companies and they worked fairly well.

Do you have any ideas on what Abena's are like? I'm thinking about buying a pack of diapers instead of a sample just so I don't need to pay shipping for two orders so I'm trying to figure out which I should go with. I might try the MyDiaper diapers again, although something about the BetterDry diapers just call my name.

I know lots of peeps still love Abena but objectively I would recommend you save your money as they are shrinkflation garbage nowadays (yes they were once usable but still old fashioned floppy non taping panel.)

MyDiapers and ABU definitely are my recommendation even if they cost a bit more.

I wear the Plain White version of the crinklez (Betterdry) 24/7 they do swell up but are very absorbant and can be trusted to do thier job :) After 3.5 years of dealing with bladder issues I have learned to wear what works and not to worry about extra padding. Just wear one size up and darker colours and you should be fine

It takes a while but you will get past the worry of using a thicker absorbant diaper

Hi Sophiaa,

I think the Drylife nappies could make the deal for your everyday use.
They hold better than Tena Slip maxi for example, they have reliable tapes and a very good feel dry pad.
You can find a case (3x15 diapers) for 27£ VAT free (it seems you can easily buy VAT-free incontinent diapers in the UK).

The Abena M4 and L4 have a great fit but the absorbent pad is not up to date (weak odour control, not great feel-dry, average absorbency compared to a Betterdry for example).

northshore light. its just the right size for daytime use and good absorbency

I can confirm that Betterdry/Crinklz is a good solid choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back