The cost of wearing 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
That cost of diapers varies quite a lot in here. I think that cost of those ABDL diapers what I have bought is around 100 euros or less per month. I´ve got my basic diapers for free from the healthcare, because of my incontinence and those has been very good for my daily use. However, we (me and my tigerbwo) love to try different ABDL diapers and he uses his own favourite brands what he likes to wear, so we are ordering and receiving diaper deliveries for time to time. I just got a case of Peek ABU´s few weeks ago and hopefully I could get those new Crinklz soonish :3

I wear cloth diapers, initially diapers can be expensive. A cloth diaper costs about $25 each, then plastic pants and boosters. I purchased mine two at a time, and wore disposables until I had enough to go with the cloth diapers exclusively. For me a good cloth diaper is more comfortable than disposables. but then there is washing and drying them. Currently. I have 8 daytime diapers and 6 night diapers, and have boosters and PUL pants. I wear 3 changes a day, and a night diaper at night. I have to do laundry after 2 to 3 days. I still keep a some disposables to wear if I don't get laundry done, but I cant wait to have a clean dry diaper to put on.

alwayz said:
I wear cloth diapers, initially diapers can be expensive. A cloth diaper costs about $25 each, then plastic pants and boosters. I purchased mine two at a time, and wore disposables until I had enough to go with the cloth diapers exclusively. For me a good cloth diaper is more comfortable than disposables. but then there is washing and drying them. Currently. I have 8 daytime diapers and 6 night diapers, and have boosters and PUL pants. I wear 3 changes a day, and a night diaper at night. I have to do laundry after 2 to 3 days. I still keep a some disposables to wear if I don't get laundry done, but I cant wait to have a clean dry diaper to put on.

What brand of cloth diapers do you use, I have Time for a Change, BabyKins, and HappyEndings. So far the HappyEndings diapers are my favorite.

Adding it all up, with my current ABU Preschools and ABU Simples/Space/Paws system, and buying a case of Luvs Size 6 for boosters every other month or so, plus various other expenses involved like powder, wipes, rash cream, it coems out to roughly $3581.76 a year for me, $298.48 a month. I could probably shave that down a bit if I switched to something similarly effective but lower priced, but I got tired of Abena constantly threatening to shut off production on me.

It kind of sucks that I have this essentially built-in price added to my cost of living, but I figure a smoking habit would be a couple hundred more expensive than even that yearly, and that's in the cheap states for cigarettes. And at least I don't have that, lol

I am incontinent. Currently I am using Dry24/7 both night and day. I use 4-5 diapers per day and night (1 morning, 1 midday, one evening, and 1-2 at nighttime). That is about 2 cases per month and costs about US $ 240 per month. US $ 2,880 per year. Add to that wipes, powder, and cream for about $120 per year. Total cost is about US $ 3,000 per year.

I have lots of cheap diapers (prevail, First Choice, etc) that I use for short term at home use (1-4 hours max) so I am trying to control/reduce the number of Dry24/7 diapers that I use. I'd like to get to max of 4 per day. This would get me into the 1.5 cases per month range, or US $ 2,160 range per year for diapers.

I also have cloth diapers, and will also use those to offset use of Dry 24/7 disposables, but have yet to maintain steady usage and cleaning sufficient to offset regular disposable diaper case deliveries.

Well as long as you keep doing what you're doing,you'll be gucci.i wouldn't want to go 247 I enjoy being able to wear whenever I want and just stop after a day or whatever

Yea I'm an extreme enthusiast that wears ever night, most of the time every weekend is 24/7, and a good portion of the normal work I'll put on a diaper when I get home, I'm around the $2g mark a year, I only wear premium diapers and only buy them when there's a sale going on.

I wear Leakmaster contour diapers and aby Pants diapers both contour and flat night time diapers

Work harder = more diapers

I'll never understand why people can go out and spend $20,000-$40,000 on a car, $250,000-$400,000 on a house, (or God forbid, an apartment, if you live in NYC), but complain they can't pay for their diapers, when there's a hundred ways to reduce costs.

What happened to American ingenuity?

- - - Updated - - -

...and, yes, I just noticed cartons of cigarettes today for $50-$70, when I used to sell cartons for $2.50, when I worked in a gas station. Wonder how many that worry about diaper costs, willingly spend $70 to get lung cancer, or liver disease (from alcohol).

Jamieboy said:
...and, yes, I just noticed cartons of cigarettes today for $50-$70, when I used to sell cartons for $2.50, when I worked in a gas station. Wonder how many that worry about diaper costs, willingly spend $70 to get lung cancer, or liver disease (from alcohol).

Well it depends on what and how often you smoke, I smoke a pipe, and do it rarely (only about 5 times this year so far) at $4 to $5 an oz of tobacco that can last me 3 to 4 years at the rate I smoke. It not all that expensive, sure if you are a chain smoker it will get expensive, just like if you are a chain diaper user (I spend more on washing my diapers in a month then I do on tobacco in 4 years)

It is about priorities, I spend maybe 7 a week on washing my diapers so that is about $354 a year on my cloth diapers. My real major frivolous expense this and last year was on video games. my rent is only about 1K a month (12K a year) but also I am coming close to the 100K a year paycheck now (while after all my deductions, I get to keep only 66% of it) so I am not hurting.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm probably late here. But anyway, let's shake it up. I'll use M4 as it's well-known for fair price and performance.

Abena M4:
Look up from Amazon the prices have changed from (lowest) $47.98 ($48) to $57.23 ($57) (all in USD) in the last 120 days (I checked the one from seller "Engloids"). In average/mid price we find $52.60. The prices are for 3 cases of 42 Abena M4's.

Use:
I have been using Abena mostly and I could say it have a pretty decent performance, although I've never tried abdl diapers, and not really interested to try because it's very pricey and I think M4 already done a very good job (or I'm just in love with it).
Sometimes I change 2 times, 3 times and 4 times. Very rarely (close to never) done more than 5 changes.
2 change/day: 10%
3 change/day: 70%
4 change/day: 20%
So I put the amount of time of changes/day in percentage (It's not very accurate, but I'm pretty positive about the numbers).

So if 3 change a day, then * 365 = 1,095 diapers/year
1,095 / 42 (is the diaper of each time you buy 3 cases of 42 from Amazon) = 26 (.07, there is some decimals but I'll round it up)
26 orders and each is * $52.60 = $1,367.60/year just for diapers.

Additional:
I've been going off 24/7 lately and stuff that I need are only powder, rash paste, and wipes.
Johnsons Powder 15oz: $4, used it all the time and it's more than enough for a month.
Desitin Rash Paste 4oz: $5, I use it every other day even without having any rash (just to be safe). Enough for a month and sometimes more than a month.
Huggies Wipes: $6 each, comes in 64 wipes. I usually need 3 of these each month. So total is $6.
All total is $15 each month * 12 = $180/year

Overall:
1,367.60 + 180 = $1,547.60 per year needed for 24/7 in diapers. I mean prices could change, but this is the very closest estimation I guess.

My wife wears all day one Forma-care X-PLUS Slip Small (real capacity up to 1.5 liters without leakage). One diaper costs (with the cost of delivery) about $1, for night she does not wear diapers.
Added to this is the cost of an annual exchange of slimming pants (because they stretch over time) - the total cost of her being DL 12/24 is about $500 a year.

You shouldn't be spending more than $5.00 per day for just diapers- unless you are puposely splurging for something with prints. That equates to just over $1800 per year. Add on costs for wipes, creams, diaper covers, etc and you can easily top $2,200 per year. Much more than that and you're probably doing something wrong.

Look on the bright side though. A pack-a-day smoker will spend anywhere from $2,200 up to $5,000 (depending on where they live). AND smoking costs them so much more too, from health to friends, to job and so on. Diapers are guaranteed to be on the low end of that spending, AND they help us cope with and manage healthy lives.

Am I the only one who spends only 2$ per day behind diapers, and still 24/7?

Last edited:
Adiba said:
Am I the only one who spends a little over 2$ per day behind diapers, and still 24/7?

On the average weekday, I wear a safari overnight, little builders during the day, and some random diaper in the evening. That's gotta be over $2.

it all depends on just how 24/7 you are, and how thick your padding needs (or wants) to be.

One word "cotton"... OK "cotton and plastic panties" is really 4 words...

I spend arount $7.50 aday to manage my OAB issue

Adiba said:
Am I the only one who spends only 2$ per day behind diapers, and still 24/7?

Okay, but you can still fit into toddler sizes, right? Most of us aren't that lucky :)

Schwanensee said:
Okay, but you can still fit into toddler sizes, right? Most of us aren't that lucky :)

That smile emoji scares me >_<

Adiba said:
That smile emoji scares me >_<

Really? I didn't mean for it to be scary, sorry! ^^" (Though I do agree that the emoji design on here can be a bit...odd.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back