New Ecoables Cloth Diapers Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've been neglecting doing this for awhile, there's a thread started by someone asking about them, I'm not trying to thread jack, but I think a proper review has been long over due by me. I'm also restricted to mobile access via Tapatalk so it won't be pretty. I'm not able to organize pictures.

After a lot of trial and error of buying modern cloth diapers, I was beginning to pass these modern cloth diapers off as more nostalgic products because they never really actually performed well. They were never capable of holding much of a capacity. The pressout, the wicking to the outside, I almost didn't buy these because they were a bit expensive, but after time I decided to pull the trigger.

When I first got the package (a few months ago) it was pretty big, and right off the bat it kinda surprised me. When I opened it and had the diaper in my hands, it was thick, really thick.
The diaper itself came with two different inserts, a huge contoured pad and a thin, but quite dense and heavy prefold insert. I also purchased a pack of extra prefolds that they sold as well.

The top gray contoured insert is huge and covers the entire diaper itself and the outside liner is very soft, and the prefold is folded in thirds and put underneath the contour pad (because the prefold doesn't have a stay dry liner) and the top contoured pad actually snaps in to place on the diaper itself to help prevent shifting.

The diaper cover itself comes with 4 snaps in the back tabs on each side that snap on to the front, and if necessary, can overlap each other. They also feature snaps in the front of the diaper that can make the diaper have a shorter rise if needed. The waistbands are very stretchy and can help accommodate a wide range of waist sizes. They include leg gussets that I believe could be a bit taller so it could accommodate more inserts, but they work fine.

The prefold is actually the star of this product because it has quite a large capacity itself. By using two of these prefold inserts, along with the contoured pad, I was able to get about 6-8 hours with these, I'm not sure if they could hold more or not and that is because of the contoured pad...

The contoured pad didn't quite absorb the same amount as the prefold, but it serves another great purpose, the top layer that stays next to the skin gives you one of the most deceptively dry feeling from a wet diaper that is absolutely soaked. It's very hard to tell how wet you are just by feeling it out. That pad keeps your skin dry and it wicks it away from your skin very rapidly. The prefold underneath absorbs quickly as well and they work together to create a very good product that can rival some of the best disposable diapers out there.
On the first few times, I worn plastic pants with them, they never leaked in to them nor did they feel wet to the touch on the outside.

For the price, these are worth every penny, they are the only modern cloth diapers that I actually trust to use. They launder easily, and dry relatively quickly.

If you are planning to order these, you can get them from Amazon Prime, or you can get them directly from them and they have discounts available on their site as well. I also recommend getting some extra prefolds inserts, they themselves are worth the extra money.

They are great for anyone, they can last a long time, they can be there when you're financially unable to acquire diapers, and actually be a viable product. I'm a disposable person by heart and I love these. Just beware that they sell other products as well that do not include either of these inserts. Please read what you buy.

248496212a1d4f6985939db5a56eaa79.jpg
a954675692bc026d810ee9473121e1a6.jpg
c5e5b3b164393e706697abc2e9367bc3.jpg
9804fcbd5924fdd42a673e57ef93b807.jpg
914489ee01f8e26148b352f4ffb5aa0d.jpg
e7b70c84c527b742d66bbc049acd7f28.jpg
e95fae0d56acc0c52fded54db6b3d465.jpg
68a09fac1c6e550d58a42f71b9b60197.jpg
40481a0ade82f291b86ad9cd89001cbb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Interesting, nice review, thanks!

Thanks for the thorough product review. I didn’t realize that these were 3 part and not 2. I looked at these for a long time too. I even ordered a pair from ecoable and ended up returning because I got cold feet over the laundering.

About a month ago I ordered a pair from Happy Endings. They are very much like Ecoables except they are 2 part. I didn’t return them this time and went through with using them. I was very pleased. They are so comfortable and the fit was perfect. They go as tight as you want. The microfiber insert proved to be absorbent enough for about 5 hours, but I didn’t push it.

The second time I used it, I inserted 4 Abena Abri Let Max pads because the microfiber insert took so long in the dryer. The Abri Let booster pads fit perfectly but were thicker. I slept in it this time and comfortably slept through the night with no leaks.

I was so pleased with this reusable diaper, that I ordered a second one. This time I got one with a hook and loop closure instead of thebuttons. It was about $3 more but I’ve found it to be considerably easier to put on. I’ve used it 3 times now and have made out fine each time.

These are like a thick premium disposable, Confi Dry or North Shore Supreme, in terms of bulk. I have come to like them much more than I thought.

When I tryed to order on EcoAble website .They were29.00 to 36.00 dollars then there site charged tax on top of that it came to 40.00 plus some change.
So the better deal is Amazon it's just 36.00 dollars only for my size.
Plus if you want to use your prefolds they have the covers only for 19 and some change to 22.00 depending on size.
These being all on amazon prices.
I pulled the trigger on the covers for fit wize then will spend more if I like the cover.
They come in youth sizes 22" to 35"regular size 26"to 42" extended 30" to 50" .
Yes that was me ask in the thread I started before you posted reviews here.
Thank you for your input from what I read it seem this item is very positive in feed back.

How do you guys launder these?
Do you wash the cover every time?
How do you wash the inserts?
Can they be dried in a dryer?

If you look on their web site or on Amazon, they provide washing instructions. What I’ve been doing, which may not be exactly as prescribed, is to throw them in the gentle cycle with my other PUL pants ant then put in the dryer on low heat for about 15 mn. In take the PUL covers and pants out and let them dry the rest of the way by hanging them out in my room. The inserts I leave in the dryer on regular heat until dry.

I’ve only had these cloth diapers for about 6 weeks, but have washed them several times. Some of my PUL pants I’ve had for over 2 years. It doesn’t appear that 15 mn in the dryer has ever damaged any of the PUL pieces and they’re usually dry the rest of the way after about 2 hours on the hanger.

I own 4 of these and love them. I don’t always use all the pieces. Sometimes just the cover. The laundering is no different than washing anything else really. I think that for the price you get quite a lot.

foxkits said:
When I tryed to order on EcoAble website .They were29.00 to 36.00 dollars then there site charged tax on top of that it came to 40.00 plus some change.
So the better deal is Amazon it's just 36.00 dollars only for my size.
Plus if you want to use your prefolds they have the covers only for 19 and some change to 22.00 depending on size.

Thanks for mentioning the sizes, I forgot to add that.

Their website has coupon codes for $10 off $50.

When I received my order I received a $20 off $100 coupon.

The prefolds you get with these are designed and sized for these diapers. Most adult prefolds won't fit. Also baby prefolds will most likely not be long enough. As these cover from from to back and fit in to their respective sizes. Also these are thinner than typical prefolds, not that they under perform, they're made from a different bamboo fabric that allow them to be thinner, while also reducing odor, and be trim and not be overly bulky and have quite a high capacity. I really recommend getting the prefolds designed for them.

If I were in the right situation I would've bought more. I think these could replace disposables if you're looking to ease costs during times at home. I wouldn't recommend wearing these in public though, as they aren't very discreet.

I also wouldn't be too guarded throwing the covers in the dryer, they don't take much to dry, if you shake off excess water, it'll make it quicker. PUL is a tough fabric, they're nothing like plastic pants and last a really long time.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Thanks for mentioning the sizes, I forgot to add that.

Their website has coupon codes for $10 off $50.

When I received my order I received a $20 off $100 coupon.

The prefolds you get with these are designed and sized for these diapers. Most adult prefolds won't fit. Also baby prefolds will most likely not be long enough. As these cover from from to back and fit in to their respective sizes. Also these are thinner than typical prefolds, not that they under perform, they're made from a different bamboo fabric that allow them to be thinner, while also reducing odor, and be trim and not be overly bulky and have quite a high capacity. I really recommend getting the prefolds designed for them.

If I were in the right situation I would've bought more. I think these could replace disposables if you're looking to ease costs during times at home. I wouldn't recommend wearing these in public though, as they aren't very discreet.

I also wouldn't be too guarded throwing the covers in the dryer, they don't take much to dry, if you shake off excess water, it'll make it quicker. PUL is a tough fabric, they're nothing like plastic pants and last a really long time.

I'm trying to get the right fit so that's why I only ordered the cover at first then I will order the hole diaper systems
I pulled the trigger on this one
I have tryed so many of these types of diapers before having limited funds it's better for me to do it this way.7199N0pyHcL._SX522_.jpg

Thanks for your review. I have liked the idea of cloth diapers, but getting them pinned up in a matter that fits has been challenging. I have tried the leak master AIO diaper also, but it just doesn’t feel all that comfortable. I went ahead and purchased this new one per your recommendation. Will let you know how it goes! Polar bears are also so cute...

rtt said:
Thanks for your review. I have liked the idea of cloth diapers, but getting them pinned up in a matter that fits has been challenging. I have tried the leak master AIO diaper also, but it just doesn’t feel all that comfortable. I went ahead and purchased this new one per your recommendation. Will let you know how it goes! Polar bears are also so cute...
I've actually had a few people give in to my peer pressure in the Discord chat, and they enjoy them as well.

As far as prefolds go, they're alternatives to pins that make prefolds a breeze to apply. I use Toddler sized (size 2) Snappi fasteners. They're stretchy rubber (I think) that has plastic claws to grab the fabric and make them fit really well. Overall prefolds are better than any modern types because they provide coverage everywhere including around the waist. However I don't use these fasteners the traditional way. I put them on so that the middle piece goes to the front of the diaper and the two ends go to the flap from the back, one on top, and one on bottom so it makes a nice stretchy seal around the tummy and around the legs. You should give these a try if you're up to it as well.

So I tried them today, and these are simply fantastic. The company that designed these really know what they are doing. For folks who haven't tried/didn't like cloth diapers, this is a very unique product. The outer shell holds the pad and pre-fold in so well that it feels like a high quality disposable.

The fit/comfort is the star here; the tight seal around the legs and charcoal insert eliminates odor and holds a great deal of liquid! Two floodings in and still going strong.

I will rarely try a product on a whim, but I am happy I followed your review! Thanks again.

I am glad you like them, they're an excellent product. Just be careful, they feel deceptively dry and it's difficult to tell if they're wet. The charcoal pads are their own star in that regard.

I bought extra prefolds to build the capacity, I don't know how much these actually hold because I haven't tested them. I bought them along with the diaper I received. It's crazy how much they can hold.

I just got mine on Monday. I’ve used it once and like it. It may grow on me. One things for sure though and that is that this is a big diaper. You really need to let go of your self concious thoughts and be comfortable. It made my butt look like a basketball lol.

trouble63 said:
I just got mine on Monday. I’ve used it once and like it. It may grow on me. One things for sure though and that is that this is a big diaper. You really need to let go of your self concious thoughts and be comfortable. It made my butt look like a basketball lol.

Out of curiosity - what size did y'all get? I have 34" waist and got the regular. It fits comfy, but just below the naval. Considering getting the extended and wanted to know what everyone else is feeling on fit.. thanks.

I also purchased one of these, I second all opinions above, these are a fantastic product finally a scaled up version of a baby product for adults that actually works.

I also purchased the regular with a 34” waist and find them a little snug, has any one tried the extended size?

I got the extended size. My waist is about a 36. It still fits below my naval, but I’ve found it to be secure and snug, though I need to have the front tabs overlap.

What I’m wondering is how manage putting more than one fold up under the top pad.

For me, there seems to be a bit of a learning curve with this thing

trouble63 said:
I’ve found it to be secure and snug, though I need to have the front tabs overlap.

Isn't that way too big for you then? I've tried to use "4 inches separation in the front" as the minimum allowable gap when checking to see if a diaper is too big for me. (7-8 inches seems to be about an ideal fit for me with most diapers)

I’m thinking about ordering one of these. I wear 36 size pants that fit me snugly. No idea what my actual waist measurements are... My original thought was to order the size in the middle - but now I’m not sure.
Are you saying the larger one is actually useable for someone with smaller dimensions than the stated size?

Take a look at the size chart. I think the extended will fit down to a 32 waist. I got the extended size because I’d rather it be too big as opposed to too small.its made to be pulled in and has a wide size range. There are so many buttons that I think I could make it tighter, but then it might rip. Either way, I’ve found the fit to be great.

The bulk is another story. I personally don’t mind, but then I’d never wear this anywhere I need to be discreet. I’m wearing a Bambino Bianca now and it doesn’t show as much on me as this did. For me the bulk is in no way a deal breaker especially considering everything else about it is positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back