New Ecoables Cloth Diapers Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
bambinod said:
Isn't that way too big for you then? I've tried to use "4 inches separation in the front" as the minimum allowable gap when checking to see if a diaper is too big for me. (7-8 inches seems to be about an ideal fit for me with most diapers)

There are snaps that allow the tabs to overlap intentionally - these are unique indeed!

I have the extended size. You should keep in mind that these diapers are designed to be made smaller with the snaps across the front. They can make them shorter if desired. You can learn more about them by finding their video about them on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/KmvyrDOLKsI

Don't buy a size on a whim, do the proper measuring so you don't end up with something you don't like or fit in. These are designed to fit with a lower rise therefore going by pant size below the gut is a pretty good idea.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Any thoughts on how to get the best fit? I picked up one of these but I can’t seem to find a way to keep the leg gathers snug while also not choking off my waist. It seems like the waist has to be unnecessarily tight for everything else to be snug... and even then, it all feels quite loose through the crotch. Maybe that’s normal for cloth? I’m accustomed to how disposables fit.

cm90210 said:
Any thoughts on how to get the best fit? I picked up one of these but I can’t seem to find a way to keep the leg gathers snug while also not choking off my waist. It seems like the waist has to be unnecessarily tight for everything else to be snug... and even then, it all feels quite loose through the crotch. Maybe that’s normal for cloth? I’m accustomed to how disposables fit.

I found a way to fix this there needs to be a waist snap .
See the flaps already have four snaps per side and if you moved one back on the lower part of the four steps move one snap you only need one.
That Titans the crotch Gathers sealing up the front easier it's only one snap you have to add.
I talked to the manufacturer that sells them and she told me that she'll talk to their design Department.
For me that one snap would stop wing drop.
So you would on the wing flap two snaps then 3 snaps instead of 2 on lower row of wing flap.
To test if it would work for you put on your diaper these center front part your snapping flap to then gently pull inside part your snapping back to waist side.
You should notice that it's pulling that inside part back and tightening up the crotch Gathers I find that the one snap I would have to add.
Would very easily for one of the snaps on the middle part that were snapping to for newly added snap

foxkits said:
I found a way to fix this there needs to be a waist snap .
See the flaps already have four snaps per side and if you moved one back on the lower part of the four steps move one snap you only need one.
That Titans the crotch Gathers sealing up the front easier it's only one snap you have to add.
I talked to the manufacturer that sells them and she told me that she'll talk to their design Department.
For me that one snap would stop wing drop.
So you would on the wing flap two snaps then 3 snaps instead of 2 on lower row of wing flap.
To test if it would work for you put on your diaper these center front part your snapping flap to then gently pull inside part your snapping back to waist side.
You should notice that it's pulling that inside part back and tightening up the crotch Gathers I find that the one snap I would have to add.
Would very easily for one of the snaps on the middle part that were snapping to for newly added snap

You are 100% correct on this. I recently purchased the extended size (I have a 34" waist, regular size was good, but just too low) and feel if there was a snap on the far end of the wings, you could achieve the perfect fit. These are still however immensely comfortable without the addition; you can pull the wings, and with little movement, they will stay in place.

This leads into an interesting second point - the fit can be snugged by adding a second pre-fold! The results are somewhat absurd in thickness (talking the thickest diaper you've ever worn and 100% impossible to wear out), but the feeling and capacity are amazing.

You'll have to let me know if you are able to achieve the extra snap foxkits, would love to hear about it!

rtt said:
So I tried them today, and these are simply fantastic. The company that designed these really know what they are doing. For folks who haven't tried/didn't like cloth diapers, this is a very unique product. The outer shell holds the pad and pre-fold in so well that it feels like a high quality disposable.

The fit/comfort is the star here; the tight seal around the legs and charcoal insert eliminates odor and holds a great deal of liquid! Two floodings in and still going strong.

I will rarely try a product on a whim, but I am happy I followed your review! Thanks again.

I am looking at getting a few of these and this is main reason why (besides all of the cute prints). I've had pocket cloth diapers in the past before, but it's a pain to stuff them. The inserts are huge, pocket openings tend to be small and the the length of the diapers make it difficult to stuff even a single layer. Most stand alone covers require some sort of pin to secure the prefold in place (but this is still extra work to get a good fit). These ecoable ones look prety nifty as the inserts just lay right on top of the cover and snap into place. That's my kind of cloth diaper (easy to put on).

Thanks for the review. I bought 4 as well as a well 3 packs of the inserts and after a week I must say I am impressed they absorb amazingly and feel almost as dry as a disposable. They will be in my night time rotation for awhile.

You're welcome, I hope you enjoy them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back