Best THIN diaper for fecal incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.

inconsurferdude

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Preferably something plastic-backed with leg guards. I've been having on-again off-again problems with IBS for nearly a year, and am already in diapers full time for bladder issues. Most of my bowel accidents are while asleep or in the morning right after waking up, so I wear very thick disposables (Dry 24/7 or Rearz) with plastic pants at night.

My daytime messing episodes are more sporadic, sometimes several times a week and other weeks not at all. Usually it's only leakage, which my usual daytime diapers (either Abena M4 or plastic-backed Attends) can usually manage to contain until my next change. A lot of times when this happens, I don't even notice it until I go to change.

Over winter and spring, I'd been wearing plastic pants (Garywear) over my disposables during the day for extra protection on the infrequent days where I'd have a full bowel movement. There's a handicap bathroom down the hall where I work, so I can usually change within five or ten minutes when this happens. But it's warmer now, and I'd like something that would provide adequate odor protection without requiring plastic pants.

I'd also like something that could be discrete under shorts, as I feel like the baggy trousers I normally wear are starting to draw attention. It was 100 degrees here yesterday, so even though I work in a professional environment, most of my colleagues are now wearing shorts.

Like you, I live in 100 degree weather, too. I like the Northshore Air Supreme. A lot less sweat but then again, it is not plastic. If not that, try the NS Supreme Briefs. They tend to bulk up more than the air supremes, though. Note I have not used either of these for bowel issues. NS does give free samples. Ask for a sample of each.

Thrust Vector's betterdry/crinklz/astronaut/aquanaut have leak guards that are superior to anything else on the market right now. They're 2.5" tall and widely spaced, with firm elastic bands that hold well against the skin, and the leak guard curtain material itself is VERY flexible (not stiff) and conforms really well against the body. Elastic in the legs is strong, and both front and back are also elastic. I don't think you can do better for "poop-stoppers" like they more bluntly call them in Japan. ;)

Right now NorthShore is the best source for Thrust Vector in the USA. BetterDry is the all-white (non-printed) version and costs the least, but really you can have the really good looking crinklz for only a small amount more - they're a great deal on a sharp, high-res print.

No diaper will really hide smell all too well, with that said, I'd recommend taking supplements to help with that. My personal favorite is Nullo.

Nullo Internal Deodorant, Coated Caplets, 135 Caplets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000052X9G?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

It's pretty effective at eliminating a lot of the bad odor that your body produces. That includes, body odor from sweat, bad breath, urine, and bowels. I've used it and it works pretty well. You'd have to make it a part of your daily routine to be effective. As it will take up to a couple of days or so to do it's magic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well if I were in your situation I would just continue wearing the a Bena M4s, for me those are the best protection and you need that kind of confidence if you’re wearing 24 seven. As far as shorts are concerned, I will White Sierra convertible pants, the zip off in the knee area and you can turn them into shorts that way these are great as I can wear them year-round and they also fit over my diverse.

I wear Betterdry diapers they work great, they are a thicker diaper but I can trust them to do their job, After wearing them for a while you will get use to wearing them in the heat. a thinner cloth backed diaper may feel a bit cooler and more discrete but you will not get the same level of protection.

Ordered a case of BetterDry from NorthShore. I'm expecting them to be at least as thick as the Abena M4, but if the leg guards are taller it might be a better option. I've never been a fan of cloth-backed, even before the IBS issues, so it seems like I'll probably have to go with something similar to what I'm already using and get used to wearing them in the heat. Going shopping this weekend, so I'm going to look for baggier shorts than what I currently have (which are already a size larger in the waist) and go from there. I usually wear onesies under my dress shirts, so I may see if I can get away with wearing short-sleeved dress shirts (unbuttoned and untucked) over that, so that it looks like a tucked-in t-shirt. Plastic-backed disposables + plastic pants + a onesie before I even put my "real" clothes on is just too much in this heat.

Scaramouche said:
Like you, I live in 100 degree weather, too. I like the Northshore Air Supreme. A lot less sweat but then again, it is not plastic. If not that, try the NS Supreme Briefs. They tend to bulk up more than the air supremes, though. Note I have not used either of these for bowel issues. NS does give free samples. Ask for a sample of each.

The NorthShore Supreme Lites would be the best daytime option for both urinary and bowel incontinence. The Supremes may be overkill for the daytime and best saved for nighttime use in this situation.

and I'd like something that would provide adequate odor protection without requiring plastic pants.

Technically you're really supposed to regardless, but yeah I hear you, I forego the plastic pants most the time too and hope I don't get a super bad one that comes out the gathers, which thankfully isn't too often.

Depends really on how bad it is for you as well. Mine aren't usually full blown releases (but that does happen sometime) and really even the best diapers won't reliably hold that, especially if it happens while sitting down.

That and fit around your legs is especially important when it comes to fecal containment. Like for me the NorthShore just simply don't work for my hip shape although they are wonderful for fecal for other folks I know.

A thin one that I've seen that almost seems to be more focused to fecal is Wellness Superio, their standing leak guards and gathers seem to be extra tall compared to most other diapers I've seen.

Generally with fecal what you're going to be looking for is the standing leak guards and the leg gathers and their capability to hold. There isn't actually too much absorption needed there since it's mostly still solid or semi solid, and thickness generally comes from absorbent material.

I have been looking for the same thing - although intermittent fecal incontinence is the only thing I have, no urinary. I'm about to try to sample "Abena Abri-San Premium Special Pads for Bowel", but it sounds like they are huge and only come in huge ...14inch by 28 inch... has anyone tried these? I would like something I can change at work, and I really don't need all the absorbancy, but most lower absorbancy don't handle bowel blowouts very well.

You definitely need a diaper.

Sent from my UL40 using Tapatalk

Plastic backed:
Tena Active Fit Plus
Attends Active Slip M10

Cloth backed:
Tena Flex Plus

All of those are thin, stealthy and reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back