Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I'm 27 years old and I'm completely incontinent with bladder functions and 90 percent incontinent with my bowels,I also have a abdl side as well. I get diapers delivered and paid for by insurance but prevail are the worst thinnest leak prone diapers ever we are hurricane Harvey refugees we are just now getting stable here in New Mexico it's me my wife and 3 yo and 5 yo daughters. If anyone has any advice we barely make ends meet so anything helps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That sounds like horrible situation :frown: . The best advice i can think of is try to double up on them and if you still want or need extra get some thick cheeper babydiapers and put i as extra padding orif you cant double up get and IF you can afford it triple the cheeper baby ones (you put 2 of them in front of the other so to say to get the adult length Also a pair of PUK pants will also help

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the kind words yeah I'm hoping for the best we usually double diaper me.

Something that I’ve found is that top-of-the-line diapers such as Confidry 24/7 and BetterDry often end up cost no more or even costing less than less expensive diapers. The reason is that the top-of-the-line diapers hold more so that you need to use fewer of them. My favourite at the moment is ConfiDry 24/7. I have heavy urge incontinence but need to use only three of these diapers in 24 hours.

You think united health care would cover them?

You need to ask them dear and also INFORM them about youre problems and that the current brand DONT work for you (they are not doctors or mind readers if you don't say anything they happily give you the less expensive ones )

True

( Smiling warmly )

And I do want to get onsies yo keep them from sagging maybe they wont leak as bad. Just need to cough up the money for one, and I've been curious if plastic pants are viable my wife says they are for cloth diapers.

You can just as easily use youre ordinary briefs as holding it up ( i do ). Again i use them and im only on disposable Plastic pants are NOT only for cloth dear so in youre case i would definitely recommend them

I definitely want to get a couple of pairs and I do want onsies so bad tho lol.

I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this. It really is a shame how little support we incontinent folks get from the medical community. My insurance won't cover anything, so everything is out-of-pocket.Thankfully my incontinence is mild at the moment, and I have a good steady job to support my needs.

Like Missy1 said, it really is better to get higher quality diapers rather than cheap pharmacy ones. I switched from using cheap pharmacy diapers to ordering Tena brand products online. The difference is startling and has saved me so much money. I went from spending $100 a month on cheap pull-ups that i would change between three and four times a day, to spending only $40 a month on quality Tena pull-ups that I usually only change twice a day. As for preventing sagging, just go to the store and buy cheap briefs or compression shorts, they will work just fine for a fraction of the cost of a onesie.

I definitely want to get a couple of pairs and I do want onsies so bad tho lol.

Fare enough (giggles )

I want one with dinosaurs hehe

Oh that sounds so cute :D

Yup yup it does i cant wait, trying to save for it of I can and I do want some cute diapers eventually.

Many insurers dont cover these because they are a good mid tier option Tranquility ATN ,insurance so many times says no,so its hard to find someone who will do the paperwork to get them ,find out if your insurance will cover them ,and if they will i know a company that will bill for them ,i use them ,as my going out diaper at home i wear cloth ,but loafing around town in summer its just easier to use disposable when its done throw it out instead of carrying a wet bag and a dry bag .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
Many insurers dont cover these because they are a good mid tier option Tranquility ATN ,insurance so many times says no,so its hard to find someone who will do the paperwork to get them ,find out if your insurance will cover them ,and if they will i know a company that will bill for them ,i use them ,as my going out diaper at home i wear cloth ,but loafing around town in summer its just easier to use disposable when its done throw it out instead of carrying a wet bag and a dry bag .

Ty

You can use all sorts of methods to help cover your diapers including plastic pants. It’s really all about what works for you and you are comfortable with. I’m ic and keep a variety of covers. Some are PUL all-in-one covers and some are just fabric pull up diaper covers. I may or may not have ordered a ruffle butt one the other day.. but I encourage you to look at what’s out there!

I know that dealing with insurance can be daunting, but do check in with them. If you have a health savings account you can also use those funds to purchase ic supplies.

Missy1 said:
Fare enough (giggles )
For a cheep onesie just buy a woman's leotard , here's a confession most people don't know ,many cops and fireman will wear pantyhose in the winter as a base layer ,they will also keep a diaper from sagging. And make great emergency belts for cars ,i hear the wheels turning "How can that be" you have seen a Glock handgun ,thats just like 4,000 pairs of pantyhose compressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back