Prevail sucks and I can no longer take it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dannyboy said:
I'm 27 years old and I'm completely incontinent with bladder functions and 90 percent incontinent with my bowels,I also have a abdl side as well. I get diapers delivered and paid for by insurance but prevail are the worst thinnest leak prone diapers ever we are hurricane Harvey refugees we are just now getting stable here in New Mexico it's me my wife and 3 yo and 5 yo daughters. If anyone has any advice we barely make ends meet so anything helps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I wish I could say they are the worst, but believe me if you go out there and look for cheap, there is a tier bellow prevail and similar retail products which basically feel like you are wearing a trash bag on your rear. With diapers like those I find an absorbent pad with some slashes can make it more functional at least to the point it usually lasts well enough between bowel changes.

I have personally only ever been impressed by the cost for dollar with the Prevail Extended Wear.

If diapers for you are covered, do they only cover a specific brand or quantity? It would seem they should be somewhat lenient for people who are clearly struggling with what is given to them.

You should see if your insurance covers your incontinence items via refund. I know that the majority of medical brands here in the states are horrible. If you don't have a choice in the matter, you should buy some good booster pads of some sort. They'll but you some extra time, or you can get Tena overnight pads, pokes holes in them and place them in the diaper. These themselves probably have a higher capacity than those diapers.

Before you go that route, I'd talk to your insurance provider and tell them this product doesn't work and is actually devaluing your life, and tell them you need something that can get you beyond an hour or so. Changing diapers this often takes a lot out of your day and is cutting deeply in to your work production. See if there's any other options that they can give you.

Insurance companies are a pain in the ass to get them to do anything for you is like pulling their teeth. You may as well be on your own in dealing with this problem. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back