Goin to my first munch tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I’m both exited and nervous. I don’t go out too much because of my incontinence and when I do it’s not for long. Being around and meeting other folks who are in to the lifestyle of mommy/daddy/ab/dl/little etc is going to be a new chapter in my book. I hope the weather holds off and that the turnout is good. How many of you have gone to a munch in the past?

Dont limit yourself going out because of incontinence, that is what protection is for if u need them :)
munches are just to meet new people been to some here and there

mayhem said:
I’m both exited and nervous. I don’t go out too much because of my incontinence and when I do it’s not for long. Being around and meeting other folks who are in to the lifestyle of mommy/daddy/ab/dl/little etc is going to be a new chapter in my book. I hope the weather holds off and that the turnout is good. How many of you have gone to a munch in the past?
Your going to the theme park? If so, providing that the rain holds off I will be there. Went last year and had a great time

pampers4U said:
Your going to the theme park? If so, providing that the rain holds off I will be there. Went last year and had a great time

Yup! It’s about 2 hours away from me so I figured why not. I’m going even if it rains. Looks like there will be scattered showers which might be an advantage if I have a leak. Lol

I've been to a handful of munches, some in Atlantic Canada, where I am currently and some back in Toronto. Munches vary greatly depending on region and how big of a scene there is in your neck of the woods.

The munches in Atlantic Canada are small, intimate affairs. They're usually held at bars that have been rented out for the evenings. One of the things that I like about these munches is that you make more meaningful connections with people, I've made a few friends through these local munches. Another interesting thing is because there aren't a heck of a lot of AB's in Atlantic Canada, people from other fetish subcultures and alternative walks of life come to the munch as well. I've met people at local munches that were into BDSM, other types of role play and even just a few regular vanilla folks who thought the ABDL scene/lifestyle sounded interesting and cute.

The larger the city, however, the larger the community and the more populated the munch. I went to a Munch in Toronto and it was reasonably packed. It was a different climate, kind of clique, most of the people there already had a Mommy or a Daddy and there were very few newbies. They also didn't have anyone around who was willing to introduce a new AB's to friends and other seasoned members of the community, you were pretty much on your own. It was fun, I struck up some conversations, but from experience, smaller, more intimate munches are where it's at.

Oddly enough, I've never attended a munch at a theme park, that sounds very fun and like a much more enjoyable place to have a munch than some dive bar. I've never been one for the bar scene, so I always feel a little bit weird when talking to other AB's in a bar room setting, after all, babies don't drink :)

In any event, I hope you have fun. Some more advice, try not to be overly eager, strike up conversations when you see an opening or let people come to you. Also, try not to be nervous, nerves are never fun. Even though this will likely be a new experience, there's no reason to tense up, everyone at the munch is there for a similar purpose to connect and have fun with likeminded people. Go to your munch with your head held high and be ready to engage in conversation when the opening presents itself and you might just meet some new padded friends, I even know some people who met their Mommy/caregiver/partner through munches, although that seems to be quite rare. Once again, have fun :)

I too have considered attending a munch. There is one local put on by an age players group that has a lot of ABDL members. I just haven't been able to bring myself to go. I'm trying though. Next one comes up in a couple of weeks, seems like nice enough people from what I can see from the outside looking in. I guess I just gotta dive in where the water's fine!

Where does one find these at? Never heard of them before. Sounds like a good place to meet like individuals.

Cubsfan said:
Where does one find these at? Never heard of them before. Sounds like a good place to meet like individuals.

Fetlife is probably the best place to find them.

Cubsfan said:

mayhem said:
Fetlife is probably the best place to find them.

Yep, Fetlife is the go to, that's how I was informed of my very first munches. Currently, because I have friends in the small ABDL community in Atlantic Canada, I hear of munches and get togethers through word of mouth. Fetlife is definitely the place to start though. You could also try searching the name of your city and ABDL munches on google, I found a couple of munches while I was in Toronto doing that.

Thanks!!

I’m planning on hosting a munch at my house in July. I’ll have the details on fetlife when I get everything finalized. It will be outdoors and I should have some fun games set up. It depends on how my first munch goes (if I like the gatherings). I’m a bit of an introvert but usually end up being he life of the party somehow.

mayhem said:
I’m planning on hosting a munch at my house in July. I’ll have the details on fetlife when I get everything finalized. It will be outdoors and I should have some fun games set up. It depends on how my first munch goes (if I like the gatherings). I’m a bit of an introvert but usually end up being he life of the party somehow.
Very nice, but just take baby steps, go into the munch tomorrow with an open mind, introduce yourself to people and listen to what they say, what I do is ask for there fet name and write it in the note section of my phone so I can remember them later. It’s ok in the munch to tag along with the “main group” actually the more the merrier

pampers4U said:
Very nice, but just take baby steps, go into the munch tomorrow with an open mind, introduce yourself to people and listen to what they say, what I do is ask for there fet name and write it in the note section of my phone so I can remember them later. It’s ok in the munch to tag along with the “main group” actually the more the merrier

Good idea! I have a terrible short term memory.

Well I went to the munch but couldn’t stay very long. I met a bunch of really awesome people! I definitely think everyone should attend at least one!

I'm glad you did our group has a monthly play time get together it's fun .
They even have a support group meet also.
Like you I'm over two hours away .
I would not host until you get to know the others well.
Just to be safe .
These are strangers . I had my first AB slumber party I got to go to from going to munchs .
They are a lot of fun

- - - Updated - - -

mayhem said:
Well I went to the munch but couldn’t stay very long. I met a bunch of really awesome people! I definitely think everyone should attend at least one!

Your right.

foxkits said:
I'm glad you did our group has a monthly play time get together it's fun .
They even have a support group meet also.
Like you I'm over two hours away .
I would not host until you get to know the others well.
Just to be safe .
These are strangers . I had my first AB slumber party I got to go to from going to munchs .
They are a lot of fun

- - - Updated - - -

Your right.

I’m not sure what you mean by “just to be safe”.

mayhem said:
I’m not sure what you mean by “just to be safe”.

Meeting others in a public venue at first Munch's get to know others first.
In the community we had some outted by others by getting mad at them.
But in those cases the community spreds the word and those people can't attend events.

foxkits said:
Meeting others in a public venue at first Munch's get to know others first.
In the community we had some outted by others by getting mad at them.
But in those cases the community spreds the word and those people can't attend events.

Ah, I see. That is shame that things like that happen. I understand people come from all walks in life and have different backgrounds. I try not to be judgmental but it does happen at times.

OK I did it! I attended my first munch. It was interesting meeting people who are into this lifestyle. Everyone made me feel welcome and not the least bit uncomfortable. I didn't have time to meet everyone or talk to a lot of people but I did have some nice conversations. We actually didn't touch on the ABDL stuff much, hope to get to that next time. Pretty broad spectrum of people too but all nice. I didn't feel as nervous as I thought I would and I can't wait to attend the mext meeting with my new found friends. I'd give it an A plus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back