If a major baby diaper brand made their diapers in adult sizes, would you buy them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes as long as they keep the design 100% the same

I guess the main attraction for an AB would be the brand / design continuity with baby products. That's fine within the AB domain but the mainstream brands would not dare go there. It's theoretically possible that a maker like P&G would design a continuous range all the way from newborn to adult, with some common feature, but in order to avoid any 'inappropriateness' there would have to be a transition to adult styling, and they would have you believe that their adult customers wouldn't want any association with the baby products via the brand. So basically it is a non-starter - the only association for the benefit of the AB would be that the diapers are part of that baby-to-adult range.

For the DL, there might be some benefits because there is an incentive to make the adult end of the range really good. Baby diapers are the big seller, so it would be commercial suicide to sell a low-revenue adult product line under a famous diaper brand name that makes adults question the performance of their baby products. They also have the greatest R&D budget, the best access to top quality production facilities and the best QC, so you might get a really good value and high-performance diaper even if it's not styled like the baby versions.

I would be interested to see what would happen if the reverse were true. Suppose someone made a toddler version of the Betterdry or Space.... how would parents and toddlers like it? Would it reveal that the current trend in baby diapers is just marketing, and what they actually want is a 'proper' thick plastic-backed nappy that little ones can really feel safe in?

Depends on the price. But yes. I'd at least try them.

I think the whole notion is silly. It's been discussed here many times. If you want something that fits and has decent performance, you're going to have to go with products designed for adult use, not exactly-scaled-up versions of products designed for infants and little children. Body shapes simply don't scale up when you age, there are some hilarious "what adults would look like if they had the same body dimensions as infants" pictures online.

children_morph.jpg

There's a good variety of ABDL diapers available now that offer good looks and good-to-geat performance. Go try a bag of Rearz Inspire Select for example. Quit trying to stuff yourself into baby diapers, you'll get real performance and MUCH better comfort, and you're likely to forget any minor cosmetic differences once you realize how much better they fit and work.

I read it as diapers made to fit adults, but part of the same product line and with as many common features as possible with the baby products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back