Not open for further replies.

TheRainbowPrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I was just thinking of this while posting in another thread. If you could make an adult replica of any 5 baby diapers, current or past, what would you choose?

For me:

1. The Barney and blues clues patterns of luvs, in cloth and plastic
2. Fitti Training pants. 0037FE7E-BE3A-4A59-A719-F86074714060.jpg the balloon faces fade when wet and they’re super cute and from what I remember, absorbed a lot.
3. Huggies diaper pants. A diaper when you need a diaper, but pants when you need pants.
4. Goodnites. I can still sorta wear these, I just wish they were bigger. The prints are cute
5. Honestly I couldn’t narrow down a 5th one. I’m jealous of all the cute cloth backed diapers babies can have today. Makes me wish I were little.

What about you guys?

Peaudouce Babyslips Childsize from the 1980's - just wish I'd been able to get into these!

First of all I pinched these picks from someone’s site (thanks for sharing good person)

Main wish is for a Pink Platic Backed Vintage Nappy complete with subtle but cute taping panel as an example:

1. Huggies for Her 1989
54C6D7EE-F48C-4AB6-9833-5276835E14E3.jpg

2. Luvs Deluxe 1988
016FC4B5-0E36-44E7-A4B2-A1B045E7443D.jpg

3. Huggies for Her 1991
4A970BA7-38CE-4F14-B239-54397A334C49.jpg

Nice topic!

One of my choices is already a reality, ABU SDK's are basically an adult sized replica of early 90's Pampers Baby Dry which was one of the brands I wore when I was an actual baby. If I had my choices of a top 5 baby diapers I'd like to see in an adult size they would be:

1. Huggies For Him Storytime Designs, another brand I might've worn in my youth. I really love the designs

2. Barney Luvs, I never wore them as a baby, but I have been aware of those designs for a while and they are super cute, I've also heard that Luvs were a tad thicker than other disposable brands at the time, so they'd be nice scaled up

3. Huggies Muppet Babies and Disney. I think anything Disney or cartoony is babyish, licensing would be a huge issue, but if it could ever be arranged, I'd love those classic white huggies with Muppet Baby and Disney decals in an adult size

4. Dri-Nite Fitti, I never heard of the brand before, but they have a nice balloon print

5. Lastly, those pure white Kleenex Huggies from the late 80's, the kind you see in Raising Arizona. I guess ABU kinda has those covered with their ABU simples, so maybe a pure white single tape disposable could be a real possibility from them in the future, hence why it's my 5th choice, this could be arranged.

I'd go with:

1) Luvs for him (circa 1988-1992)

2) Huggies late 1980's

3) Pampers early 1990's

Honestly, those are the only ones I was aware of when I was growing up.

I was a couple of times forced into Huggies due to bedwetting in the late 80's. Then I wore Luvs diapers by choice in the early 90's. Then I got treated & cured for bedwetting in 1993 in Colorado Springs, CO. I could not for the life of me remember what medication I was prescribed to reduce & eventually eliminate my bedwetting issues.

In a way, I wish I could undo that, because I later became a full blown diaper lover at the age of 17 in the mid to late 1990's.

But yeah, if they made an adult sized Pampers brand of adult diapers, I'd buy them. Or the Luvs diapers from the late 1980's to early 1990's. Huggies, maybe. I didn't have much experience with that brand as a child. Except when threatened with spankings for bedwetting, then had a Huggies diaper waved in front of me as a threat.

-JTK 2018

-James T. Knight 2018
"Don't forget to wiggle your diaper butt at least once a day!"

"Be diapered & proud of it!"

"Accidents happen! That's why we are allowed to buy ADULT diapers!!"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Poofybutt said:
Nice topic!

One of my choices is already a reality, ABU SDK's are basically an adult sized replica of early 90's Pampers Baby Dry which was one of the brands I wore when I was an actual baby. If I had my choices of a top 5 baby diapers I'd like to see in an adult size they would be:

SDKs are one of my goto and are amazing these exist.

Poofybutt said:
Huggies Muppet Babies and Disney. I think anything Disney or cartoony is babyish, licensing would be a huge issue, but if it could ever be arranged,

I have thought about this a lot (way more than is probably healthy) and I have come to the conclusion any company that tried this nowadays probably should make a homage diapee with their own original characters (ABU seems to have a big catalogue of characters already.)

Poofybutt said:
5. Lastly, those pure white Kleenex Huggies from the late 80's, the kind you see in Raising Arizona. I guess ABU kinda has those covered with their ABU simples, so maybe a pure white single tape disposable could be a real possibility from them in the future, hence why it's my 5th choice, this could be arranged.

ABU Simples are great but I agree a single tape all white (needs to elastic waist band front and back) would be a terrific addition to the diapee world.

- - - Updated - - -

bambinod said:

I am anxiously awaiting their 2018 release!

They look gorgeous but don’t have the Vintage look IMO, they have the warpaint sides (believe you referred to it elsewhere as picnic blanket), white splodges on the pink, quite unsubtle taping panels and 2 tapes per side (for Medium at least and I doubt I could ever trim down to their small.)

Argent said:
ABU Simples are great but I agree a single tape all white (needs to elastic waist band front and back) would be a terrific addition to the diapee world.

Maybe ABU will make an all-white version of the kiddo someday? Front and back elastic, single tape, decent capacity, good wicking, and great comfort. Much better than their SDK line in many regards.

For me it would be:
Pampers Easy Ups (~2011)
Pampers Active Fit (Cruisers in the US) 2011
Huggies Super Dry (Haven't been available in the UK for years) - This would be my favourite being the first diapers I bought at age 12/13
Current Pampers Baby Dry
Current Huggies Pull Ups

An adult replica of a baby diaper would be a supreme quality product. All those brands with "12 hour protection" for overnight and the like would be a godsend to an incontinent person and a dream for DLs. I cannot say there is going to be any particular order to the following as they aren't very specific, picking one out of a brand isn't very useful since they are all similar in nature, I am more or less after the designs.

Pampers Baby Dry with the clouds, and the modern Pampers Cruiser would be phenomenal. Kinda like what the ABU Cushies would be if the sides were stretchy.

I personally think the Huggies Little Movers are a bit more babyish than the Pampers diapers and would go for them rather quick. The overnights also appeal to me because of the stars and moons.

Easyups or Pullups would further the list here, as there is no good printed pullup for adults. Bambino tried but it just looks wrong for a baby-style pullup. I'm not sure if I'd go for Huggies first as they have the more vibrant designs on the product itself while Easyups have designs all around, even on the waistband... In my experience, Easyups have been better than the Huggies alternative, so they get the vote. Because of these diapers, I would not request a larger Goodnite.

Luvs has interesting designs. Nothing else I can really say.

Then finally, Pampers Swaddlers. The mesh in between you and the padding would be a curious dynamic, not sure if it would be a major difference in an adult sized diaper.

My top 5 would be:

#1: The Barney Luvs from 2000.
#2: Pampers Baby Dry (the current print)
#3: Huggies Pull Ups with older prints and the newer ones.
#4: Huggies Little Swimmers, the Finding Dory print
#5: Pampers Cruisers (Sesame Street design)

Any outside design, just make one diaper with full padding in the wings. This apparently needs a dedicated machine to produce. But that would make me very happy.

1. Pampers, with Disney Babies graphics, from the late Eighties.

2. Pampers Baby-Dry, with the animal graphics, from the 2000-2003 period.

3. Huggies, with Lion King graphics, circa 2006.

4. Pull-Ups, with Mickey and Minnie graphics with star and flower wetness indicators, respectively.

5. Pampers Trainers (1994-1996), just to get a better view of how they looked.

Pampers, luvs, huggies - today’s versions, measured by using auto cad and replicated exactly 100%, just bigger for us

Argent said:
SDKs are one of my goto and are amazing these exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree with the ABU simple going 1 tape, with elastic front and back. I don't wear disposables often, but I do like the ABU simple even though currently it has a... institutional look. What you describe would be great Argent.

My favorite diapers I’d like to see replicated are the plastic backed Barney luvs and the American Drypers from the early 90s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back