Galactic: Kids Next Door alien writing system [Artist/Programmer input needed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Galactic: Kids Next Door was to be the continuation of the Codename: Kids Next Door series that ran on Cartoon Network from '02-'08. A teaser trailer was release on YouTube a few years ago and several petitions were created to try to get Cartoon Network to greenlight the series.

What interested me about the trailer came at the end when "stop the G:KND" was displayed in alien characters.

GKND.png

The image above was taken from this blog post by series creator Mr. Warburton explaining the writing system. I tried to create this writing system but I'm not sure where to go from here. I've created a sample through FontStruct here but the software is limited and the characters are meant to connect together. Anyone know anything about making fonts or the programming it would take to make this system work?

You haven't given enough information for me to know too much. But I understand sort of based on what I glanced over.
So the way you see text on your screen is there is a font file. On windows there is a folder that contains all of them, it will use it to draw the letters when that font is desired. It will draw based on letter, weight, other things like italics, bold, etc. font contains lots of the data needed to do all of that. So you could conceivably create a complete font. But if your going to be having some extra functionality like dynamically connecting letters together, that is not a feature of a modern font drawing system on an OS (some arabic letters appear to string together, but that is just as such each letter is drawn beforehand to appear that way).
This would be some custom code in some text application where you could type and it will do all of the necessary drawing and connect the letters as defined. I would start doing this with something like java, or c#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back