Diaper bag and movie theater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idaho

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So has any one been searched before going to a movie? Since bags are like bad things anymore at movie theaters

As a matter principle, I refuse to go to movie theaters that search bags.

I suppose they could be looking for food that gets sneaked in. I too think searching is shoddy behavior if it's just for food and goodies. Serves them right if they find diapers and baby powder!

Most of them do anymore

I am just going to take my diaper bag and just be like here is my diapers want to make sure its no food or drink

I personally would not recommend doing such in the current day we live in. Albeit innocent in nature all it takes is one concerned citizen when the bag doesn't match the person/situation to create a problem for yourself.

Not before a movie, our movie theaters are a bit more lax down here for whatever reason, one of them has a bar in it, lol. I do have a growing collection of medical passes for my yearly Saints game, because I generally try to go to one a season.

Well they couldn't deny not letting me have it since it is diapers

Ha. I don’t even go to the movies. If i did, my solution would be to wear a thick diaper that would last the length of the movie.

So...I never had that problem, since here no one searches bags in a movie theater, but if you're planning to take one, make sure it's as small and flat as possible. I'd say you probably don't need to take more than one diaper with you (two tops, if you're out and about all day), a small packet of wipes (ideally an almost empty one or a travel size, or just put a few in a ziplock bag), and I don't know if you use powder or not, but the containers I've seen here are pretty small.

Since you're a man and most likely don't own any tiny purses like I do, I would suggest a drawstring bag for this. If you're worried about the shape of the diaper showing, put a book in it as well, that should conceal it. As for the searching, I agree, if they decide to search and find a diaper, that's their problem. But I wouldn't go into a movie theatre toting a huge bag around since that might make people nervous. But especially in a drawstring bag, a weapon would show in its weight and snacks like a bag of crisps would show in shape. I feel like that way 1 chances of you getting searched are lower and 2 people would be less worried.

Again, I never had that issue, but as a general rule, I try to keep my bags small when going to see a movie.

Movie theaters are on the way out, for this and many other reasons. I download and preview movies in the comfort of my home at my computer. And if they're good, I buy them and watch them in my living room on my own "big screen".

BTW, there are two important things for you to know about theaters, and it's not what you think:

1: the theater gets a MUCH lower cut of the ticket in the first few weeks of a release. if you really want to support your local theater, wait a few weeks before seeing that new movie. it can mean the difference between them keeping 15% of your ticket and keeping 75% of your ticket. (the rest goes to the movie studio) The studios kept 100% (yes really) of ticket sales for The Empire Strikes Back in the first week, though 75% in opening week is more typical nowadays.

2: theater staff can get a $500 reward from the studio if they catch someone sneaking in a camera in the first few weeks of a new release. THIS is why they want to search your bag. It's a balance between the theater owners saying "stop harassing our customers!" and the staff replying "but I want that $500!" The incentive (and the searches) dry up after a its been out awhile. So you are much less likely to get studied or frisked if you go to a movie that's been out awhile.

I can remember back as far as the 80's signs in the theater saying no backpacks or bags allowed. no food or snacks or beverage can be brought into the theater unless purchased here. I have had to open my winter coat and the person taking ticket would say take off coat and turn it upside down and guarantee you that your stuff would fall out on the floor and refuse you entry to the movie. this is in a rural town in the midwest USA mind you.

xpluswearer said:
I can remember back as far as the 80's signs in the theater saying no backpacks or bags allowed. no food or snacks or beverage can be brought into the theater unless purchased here. I have had to open my winter coat and the person taking ticket would say take off coat and turn it upside down and guarantee you that your stuff would fall out on the floor and refuse you entry to the movie. this is in a rural town in the midwest USA mind you.

I apologize in advance for the length of this post, but I have some fun things to say about 'the other side'.

OK. I worked at a movie theater and this is true for the really gung-ho people. The "I want to impress the boss!" kind. Me? I let you in. I know very well you've got a bag of candy in your coat pocket. I don't care. If my boss asked me "I didn't see it. I wonder where they kept it?!" I was forced ONE TIME to take candy away from a family by the District Manager. (He was standing right behind me when they came in carrying it.) I promised the three kids that if they wanted to, they could put it in my box office and pick it up on the way out, then they could have candy at home. The DM wanted me to throw it away after they left and I told him "I made a promise. You want to throw out a kids candy dude? That's low." He left well enough alone and the kids all got their candy back and were super happy. I told the parents that I was sorry, the DM was right behind me and that next time tuck it inside clothes or something and I could let them escape. LOL

Most of the money the theater I worked at made was on snacks and drinks. To the point that I had to account for literally everything. Everything. Every bag of candy, every bucket for popcorn, every cup. I couldn't give someone a drink of water because the cup would be missing and they would believe I gave someone a free soda. (I used to sneak refills for people. We could have as much soda/popcorn as we wanted and I would get mad sometimes and refill cups for nice customers if they came out while the manager was in the office.)

I was a pretty naughty employee I suppose, but I cleaned the crud off of everything in that building so they tolerated my naughty ways.

I never searched a backpack, but we would ask that people leave them at the box office if they were acting shady. LOL Only did that once though, because we saw the teenagers trying to hide cans and stuff in it. We were pretty sure they'd gotten beer from somewhere and we were NOT gonna try and explain a bunch of drunk teens barfing everywhere or anything.

The funniest one was the Popcorn Bandit. We had a fella all winter who would smuggle in two bags of microwave popcorn every time he came to the theater. We could SMELL it. (Just for reference, microwave popcorn smells TOTALLY different than the kind at the movie theater. I'm not sure why, but probably the butter/oil combo they have to use for the microwave being different.) We ended up having to bust him in the spring because he came in with two popcorn-bag titties under a t-shirt. LOL "Sir, are your pecs crackling? And why do they smell like butter?" He was super-mad, but dang it man. We can't just go around letting people grow popcorn boobs willy-nilly.

So yeah, most of the time the employees who are not that gung-ho aren't that into trying to look into your stuff. (I'm totally glad I didn't work there for Fifty Shades of Gray. Yeeesh. The things the people might have brought to THAT. O_O )

CuddleWoozle said:
I apologize in advance for the length of this post, but I have some fun things to say about 'the other side'.

OK. I worked at a movie theater and this is true for the really gung-ho people. The "I want to impress the boss!" kind. Me? I let you in. I know very well you've got a bag of candy in your coat pocket. I don't care. If my boss asked me "I didn't see it. I wonder where they kept it?!" I was forced ONE TIME to take candy away from a family by the District Manager. (He was standing right behind me when they came in carrying it.) I promised the three kids that if they wanted to, they could put it in my box office and pick it up on the way out, then they could have candy at home. The DM wanted me to throw it away after they left and I told him "I made a promise. You want to throw out a kids candy dude? That's low." He left well enough alone and the kids all got their candy back and were super happy. I told the parents that I was sorry, the DM was right behind me and that next time tuck it inside clothes or something and I could let them escape. LOL

Most of the money the theater I worked at made was on snacks and drinks. To the point that I had to account for literally everything. Everything. Every bag of candy, every bucket for popcorn, every cup. I couldn't give someone a drink of water because the cup would be missing and they would believe I gave someone a free soda. (I used to sneak refills for people. We could have as much soda/popcorn as we wanted and I would get mad sometimes and refill cups for nice customers if they came out while the manager was in the office.)

I was a pretty naughty employee I suppose, but I cleaned the crud off of everything in that building so they tolerated my naughty ways.

I never searched a backpack, but we would ask that people leave them at the box office if they were acting shady. LOL Only did that once though, because we saw the teenagers trying to hide cans and stuff in it. We were pretty sure they'd gotten beer from somewhere and we were NOT gonna try and explain a bunch of drunk teens barfing everywhere or anything.

The funniest one was the Popcorn Bandit. We had a fella all winter who would smuggle in two bags of microwave popcorn every time he came to the theater. We could SMELL it. (Just for reference, microwave popcorn smells TOTALLY different than the kind at the movie theater. I'm not sure why, but probably the butter/oil combo they have to use for the microwave being different.) We ended up having to bust him in the spring because he came in with two popcorn-bag titties under a t-shirt. LOL "Sir, are your pecs crackling? And why do they smell like butter?" He was super-mad, but dang it man. We can't just go around letting people grow popcorn boobs willy-nilly.

So yeah, most of the time the employees who are not that gung-ho aren't that into trying to look into your stuff. (I'm totally glad I didn't work there for Fifty Shades of Gray. Yeeesh. The things the people might have brought to THAT. O_O )

Wow that’s awesome great hospitality that’s what’s missing these days would have loved coming to your cinema great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you are medically incontinent most places will allow you to bring in a backpack with medical supplies IE diapers if they refuse the could be open to a lawsuit

Never been searched. Though the one i used to go to was in a good neighborhood with snobby rich people who was appalled at the thought of it.

dogboy said:
I suppose they could be looking for food that gets sneaked in. I too think searching is shoddy behavior if it's just for food and goodies. Serves them right if they find diapers and baby powder!

Well Dogboy, if the diapers are "wheat" based you might try to eat them! They are just trying to protect their incredibly overpriced concessions. And nothing makes more noise than munching on a wheat based disposable! ;) I mean really!

I really, really would like to buy popcorn. But everytime I try and see a small for 6 bux, a med for 7, anda large for 8. When we all know that they have about 10 cents worth of product in there. I just cant do it, so I walk away dejected and hungry. Knock it down by half and I could justify it.

- - - Updated - - -

CuddleWoozle said:

Cuddlewoozle, that is fantastic. I go to the movies all the time, wish you worked there. That story made my heart smile!

Last edited:
In this day and age in The United States I would expect a high probability of a bag being searched

1. Just for security (since Movie Theaters seem a popular Mass Shooting location since people go to have fun and very well may not have a gun on them)
2. Because they cant sell overpriced concessions to people that bring their own Food and Drink in

This being said though, I doubt anything would happen once they search the bag and see Diapers/Powder/Wipes/Cream, they would likely just inspect it, put the stuff back in, and let you in.

I usually sneak in a drink or two and a snack or two the rare times I go to the movie theater because it's an expensive enough luxury as is (~$10 per ticket), and I usually dont have spare money after I pay bills, but groceries and enjoy my other hobbies.

I'm fortunate that the theater that I go to (I only will go to one. I'm particular!) They give you a free refill of popcorn/pop. :) That way if you munch your way through all of the popcorn before the movie starts, you can come out and get some more to munch while you're watching.

Although I have to be careful of how much popcorn I eat...it bothers my stomach and causes terrible things to happen. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back