Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper hype?

Default Diaper hype?

Are abena and molicares that much better than depends. Ya they are much better diapers but what is the point of wearing the same diaper for 8 hours plus?If I am going out in public I change within 2 hours after I wet. Whould it make more sense to wear depends max protection to college or buy abena online? Depends seem good enough.

I'd say abena's probably aren't great for walking around college.... more like toddle around college with those things... I'd say the thicker diapers are more for night time use.

Though, the last time I tried depends... I was not very impressed with them. But that was a few years ago.

I'm more of a night time wearer anyway though, so I'm not well versed in what would be appropriate to wear walking around all day. I'd be afraid depends would leak though...

Well the hype of Abena or Molicares is for overnight use definately! I only wear at night myself and an Abeana Abri-Form X-Plus with an Abri-Let Maxi booster is my diaper of choice. That being said, the Abean Pull ups are great too. The Abean Pull-ups could easily be worn under clothing without being noticed, and are much more absorbant than depends. Try a sample pack, you won't be sorry.

-Gus

Butterfly Mage

It's not hype. Molicares and Abenas really are vastly superior. They absorb about 4x more than Depends.

[QUOTE=ForeverSmall;211126]Are abena and molicares that much better than depends.[/quote

Yes. Though Depends have their attributes... They're cheap, and they take well to a stuffer.

If I am going out in public I change within 2 hours after I wet.
    That can be a chore. I spent last weekend in NYC and was on foot (or doing things) for 8+ hours at a time, and changing every two hours out in public would've been a pain. After two hours in an Abena, it's only been wet once usually, and will take much more. Regardless, I'd rather feel secure compared to testing the limits of a Depend. A leak would really suck.

Also, I disagree with relegating Abenas and the like to nighttime only. Unless you're into tight jeans and belly shirts, most clothing will cover up any sort of bulge, and they definitely won't make you waddle. I've worn them everywhere... School back in the day, out with friends, work, etc. Nothing a relaxed pair of jeans can't conceal, and they're considerably quieter than Depends too.

If you haven't tried them, but have tried Depends, get the Abenas. They're about as good as you can get for an adult diaper, and you'll be able to form your own opinion. Don't forget that Abena also sells the Super and Extra, which are thinner than the X-Plus, but still immensely better than Depends.

I like the Attends six tab and a stuffer...they hold alot more then a depends max with a stuffer, and yet dont chaff me like the abenas i had .

Those 'super pricey online' diapers are NOT over hyped in my opinion. They really are far superior to Depends, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_lupine06 View Post
    I like the Attends six tab and a stuffer...they hold alot more then a depends max with a stuffer, and yet dont chaff me like the abenas i had .
    Yep, Attends with a doubler or stuffer work quite well, and still look, fit, and feel like a baby diaper, which is why I like.

What kind of stuffer do you use? I've found the Abena Abri-lets go well with Attends.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    Those 'super pricey online' diapers are NOT over hyped in my opinion. They really are far superior to Depends, plain and simple.
    That's what I've heard alot. Molicares are definitely the best imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinkly View Post
    Yep, Attends with a doubler or stuffer work quite well, and still look, fit, and feel like a baby diaper, which is why I like.

What kind of stuffer do you use? I've found the Abena Abri-lets go well with Attends.
    I too enjoy an Attends with a doubler. However, I really prefer the bulk of the Abena. I have also treid wearing an Abena X-Plus with a doubler and it was too thick if that's possible. I wasn't able to lay on my side with my legs closed, it hurt too much.

Cole