New lil monsters any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraken98

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Anybody tried these yet? https://rearz.ca/lil-monsters/

Looking for diapers in the size 28" waist areas, its really hard, but I do love crinklz, molicare super plus maxi, and northshores size small.

These look really good to go with Crinklz, I would love to get some

think i like the crinklz ones better just in the fact you get 5 more diapers for the same money

Not bad but for me its the first ever diaper that seem the bottom tapes dont hold up well with me !? even tho there is a elastic waisteband ? it feels loose on me no matter how i put them
also mine are not scented

heh.... and here I use thin white trash can liners... those would be visible from across the street....

Not a fan of calling three bags a "case", but owell. That's really more of a "half case" if even that. ABU's case is eight bags, now THAT is a case. (though six bags is more common)

Also I don't know if it's new or I just missed it previously, but I see they have payment via paypal now, so I can order without calling my bank since they flip out every time I order something from Canada.

oh, I see they are now carrying some new patterns from Fabine also, that's nice to see. Fabine hasn't had any really regular big outlets in the past. But prices are high, not surprising. Now normally I'm not a fan of pink diapers, but I have to say, this one does look very nice...

fabinept__40549.1521251631.190.285.jpg

They look great.

Anyone know if the fit is the same as their Rebels? (I remember reading somewhere they seem to have at least 2 types of base diapee that fit differently.)

The limited edition Huskies also look cute.

unsure if same fit , but i cant seem to get the bottom tapes to be in the middle part or the tapes to stay stuck on :\ a first to me always waking up with the two tapes un stuck and the front waisteband gets super loose , even tho theres elastic waiste? i can get one of the rebels and compair

- - - Updated - - -

The cut is difrent on the rebels then the monsters

guest said:

Thank you! If they make it down under I will try a small sample first to be sure now :)

Argent said:
They look great.

Anyone know if the fit is the same as their Rebels? (I remember reading somewhere they seem to have at least 2 types of base diapee that fit differently.)

The limited edition Huskies also look cute.

the large are supposed to fit waists 37.8"-48.8" so here's hoping 41-42" is comfy!

ALSO I'd like to point out that Rearz now has a MUCH cheaper shipping option of "ship to UPS Store for pickup". It cuts shipping about in half for me.

Add to that the new option to pay with paypal instead of credit card, and no more fighting with my bank over buying from canada!

So Rearz has made themselves a lot better for me to order from. Kudos!

guest said:
unsure if same fit , but i cant seem to get the bottom tapes to be in the middle part or the tapes to stay stuck on :\ a first to me always waking up with the two tapes un stuck and the front waisteband gets super loose , even tho theres elastic waiste? i can get one of the rebels and compair

- - - Updated - - -

I was super excited about the lil monsters diapers. I think rearz went with a new manufacturer on these. the tapes are the worst I have seen in a long time. they instantly turned kinda gooey, and slid off immediately. They even started to come off the back of the diaper. i could tell retaping them that the sound was different, and it didn't give me a good feeling when I was taping up. Literally had a tape pop the first time I sat down.

I emailed them to let them know. I have heard a bunch of people having issues. really bummed, cuz i love the rebels and safaris. Hopefully they will fix them. Between the peekabus and the monsters both have disappointed me a lot lately.

dethpuck said:
I was super excited about the lil monsters diapers. I think rearz went with a new manufacturer on these. the tapes are the worst I have seen in a long time. they instantly turned kinda gooey, and slid off immediately. They even started to come off the back of the diaper. i could tell retaping them that the sound was different, and it didn't give me a good feeling when I was taping up. Literally had a tape pop the first time I sat down..

eeps! I was assuming these were a reskin of the little squirts or inspire, not something they'd changed up the materials on. I suppose I'll know next week when mine arrive.

These companies don't make the tapes themselves, they're made by companies that specialize in adhesives, like 3M. 3M is popular and considered high quality, I've seen some diaper manufacturers brag about using "the good 3M tapes". But it all comes down to what the retailer picks out in the catalog when ordering diapers from China. They can choose to use higher quality, more expensive materials, or they can opt to go cheap. (or the manufacturer can get paid for good materials and use cheap ones instead for production I suppose)

Either way will hurt the retailer's future sales due to the drop in consumer confidence. Considering how Rearz has surely established themselves as a consistent and high-volume customer to their manufacturer, it'd be pretty stupid for their manufacturer to cheat them on a new product run?

The fit is great, the capacity is pretty good and I love the print But yes, the tapes are no good. It does not take long before they start to let go and off the come. Time to use packing tape. Hope they get better tapes on the next batch.

as i used them more i noticed the padding on the back and front does not totally go to the waistebands
I agree with the bottom tapes weak,

its funny cuz alot of newer diapers coming out including crinklz are having tape problems lately

kraken98 said:
its funny cuz alot of newer diapers coming out including crinklz are having tape problems lately

I wore a few crinklz and a few betterdry over the last week (vacation!) and didn't have any problems at all overnight with the blue tapes. I like a slightly more relaxed fit overnight so I often retape to snug up when I get up in the morning before changing, (especially true of the betterdry, they loosen up/relax/stretch more on their own overnight) and the white tapes did occasionally pop and lead me to change earlier than anticipated.

Well my lil monsters came in today so I have some first impressions to give.

- they're premium thick but not super thick. (padding) feels like it was based off the Inspire. Shell's the same, but the tape panel is thicker. folded size and shape is identical to inspire.
- tapes are great, they're transparent and stick very well on the panel, and stick well when moved. (people with bad tapes, I wonder if they spent too much time in hot temps during shipment or at delivery?)
- tape placement suffers from the same problem as the PeekABU... the upper tapes are down very far, close to the lower tapes (why you do this?!) so the fit is off. As with the peekabu I've tried to compensate by attaching the upper tapes higher and it fits a little better but it's not ideal. It's like I need to add a tape above the top one.
- the inside top sheet is VERY soft
- the sides of the wings are a blue color that's not nearly as distracting as the picnic table cloths etc we've seen on other recent new diapers, I like it, it matches the rest of the shell art
- padding does NOT adhere well to the shell, and so the outer texture suffers somewhat
- standing leak guards have only one elastic band in them instead of the two (with the fold-over) we see in most premiums nowadays, and they're not exceptionally tall but are okay
- padding in the front seems to come up a little higher than I recall seeing in other premium diapers?
- waistband elastic (front and back) is a little weak
- combination of hard tape panel in front and padding/shell separation makes these diapers very crinkly
- the perfume on these diapers is unusual... Ive seen comments they didn't notice it (when dry?) but mine seem to be very pungent. I put this diaper on hours ago and its still somehow dry, and the perfume is still very strong. this is another aspect of them not being discrete for me.
- packaging was very discrete as is the norm for rearz. I ordered a case (3 bags of 12) and it came in an unmarked box, with only a "LM10" on the side in big letters.
- I notice the leg gather elastic overlaps the padding just a little. I think this will be good for helping prevent leaks. most diapers put the leg elastic out away from the padding.
- the colors on the shell aren't quite as saturated as the pictures suggest, they're more of a pastel, but they do a really good job of looking like a vintage baby diaper should. the fun artwork is exactly what you'd expect to see on a baby diaper, for content, style, and color.

Maybe we need to establish a scoring system for diapers....

AB look: 10
tape reliablity: 10
tape placement: 4
waist elastic: 7
crinkle: 8
inner softness: 10
outer feel: 6
wing art: 8
leak guards: 7
fit: 7
leg elastic: 10
shell durability: 9

I'll find out more about capacity tonight I suppose ;)

Reactions: NeverKnow
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back