What a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman1401

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Hey all, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. Here's some background first, and the story of my night last night involving AB/DL and CG/L. Long story warning

So, my wife and I partake in mild CGL/little play/very slight DDLG. Been doing so for the last few years, slowly building in scope and intensity as she discovers what she likes, what puts her in little space, and what the boundaries of the more DDLG aspects are.

I told her three years ago I enjoyed the DL side and caregiving part of AB/DL. She told me at the time it wasn't off of the table, but was not sure what it was, how to approach. I told her of a few sites and explained to her as many aspects of AB/DL, Littles, etc as possible. I explained to her as best as I could my interests and where I fell on the AB/DL Caregiver spectrum.

Months later, maybe two years ago, my wife brought up to me she believed she might be a little. I had shown her a site about being a little, forget which one, and she had apparently read everything and lurked in the forums. We talked about it and how her anxiety and stress had always been issues for her which she never figured out in a way besides depression or marijuana, and how her long time ex from years before had never seemed to do anything that wasn't selfish, causing her to not expect a partner to care for her. We talked about boundaries and decided to start very mildly.

Fast forward two years to the last few months. My wife was pregnant and always emotional/stressed. Her collection of little clothing, bottles, sippy cups, and random stuff had grown and our roles became a little more established. She hated not being able to bend over and put her socks on, but loved the idea and care of me putting them on for her. She had a rough pregnancy, so that is one example, but there were many more which she expressed thanks and interest in and brought up which ones she considered something she'd want done after she was back to her pre-pregnancy normal.

Due to her anxiety, she doesn't like making decisions, either. So little things became more of a daily thing. "What cup should I use?", "Do I want to wear this dress, or these shorts?", "Can you make me a snacky?" She kind of put on the act with it, too, which I obviously enjoyed, but it was nice to have something that made her feel better as well.

Anyways, she had an emergency C-Section a month ago. She had a rough recovery physically and emotionally. By yesterday afternoon, she is about 90% recovered, but over it, basically. She was very tired and cranky. We had a pizza delivered and she got a piece. After eating it, she jokingly said, "I'm basically our son, I don't even know what I want, cause I feel way better after eating, I didn't even know I was hungry". Kind of running with it later in the night, she needs to change out of her dress which she's spilled on, and put on some post-maternity underwear which don't irritate her C-Section incision, because she had been complaining of her current underwear hurting. I tell her we're switching back to her granny panties because she has been cranky about her other undies, and that she can wear one of her onesies or shorts while we get ready for bed. She chooses the onesie then lays on the couch.

A few hours later, she sheepishly tells me she liked being told to change and what to change in to, and felt extremely little because she had spilled on her dress out of a sippy cup. We have previously established she can overrule any little 'suggestions' if I misjudge her attitude/mood or she doesn't like something, so I felt I had kind of risked it trying this out. But hey, it worked out.

She then brings up something I had mentioned years ago... the diapers. We have previously bought a few samples from ABU and Bambino during the initial phases of figuring out her age range, but she has never felt into them or wanted to be a little age younger than a toddler. They just sit in the closet unmentioned, which is fine. She does not feel comfortable jumping straight into them, and also does not like the plastic feeling of feminine pads, so did not think she would like the plastic feeling of diapers.

We talked about it for a good while before establishing the 'newness' and 'plasticy' reasons. We landed on easing into them, as she did want to try them, but wanted to get a feel for it first. We spent an hour or so buying 2 pairs of cute cloth adult training pants off Etsy, a couple from Rearz, and an overnight thick cloth diaper off of Rearz, too. No plastic covers yet and no desire to wet so they are just to try out around the house and get a feel for the bulk and the age range it will put her in. She's a little more hesitant on the overnight diaper, but is actually pretty excited about the cloth training pants, because they are already more in her age regression range.

So after three years of building up the courage to bring up this idea with my wife, her courage and openness to investigate it, and a whole lot of awkward and honest conversations about what we liked and disliked, we have moved from having one 'little cat shirt' and a sippy cup, to my wife preferring wearing onesies around the house, eating from toddler dishes using toddler spoons, drinking from bottles, sucking on pacifiers, having her outfits picked out and now wanting to try some training pants.

We have established a good dynamic and are able to each recognize when she is getting into her littlespace without anything having to be explicitly said and we both have an outlet to express love in a more 'acts of service' way along with physical, emotional, and verbal.

I apologize for any grammar or continuity, I'm writing this on about 1 hour of sleep, because our boy is having a fussy night.

TL;DR: My wife and I had been exploring AB/DL and CGL over the last three years. We have taken it slow figuring out what she likes and her boundaries and have slowly (potentially) progressed to diapers as of last night by her request.

welcome to the group. it sounds like you will be changing two sets of diapers soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back