Thread: Marketing to Boomers

Default Marketing to Boomers

I don't know if this is the right place to post, and I'm sorry if it's not, but I heard something on the radio this morning about how incontinence products are being marketed to boomers. The rebel generation, who don't want to act old or be like their parents.
    Sell it with a laugh
    YouTube - Depend Ad Campaign - "Driver"

Darkfinn

An interesting concept. I have seen plenty of those Tena commercials where the toilet magically falls out of the sky too. I wouldn't necessarily say they're selling it to the "rebels" but to people who may realise that there is plenty of living to be done... so why let something like incontinence stop you?

I'm still waiting on the blunt "It's okay to pee your pants, just wear these." adds.

The one I get a kick out of is the medicine to cure incontinence. I told my wife I would never take that...haha.... Then there's the copper tubing people with their copper tubing limbs and their copper boiler bodies. The point being "when you plumbing starts leaking". It's pretty lame, really. They'll sell anything on TV.

Butterfly Mage

The other one that's sorta off is the incontinence medicine where people are made out of water balloons and burst. Egads! I'm glad that incontinence doesn't actually make you *detonate*. Youch!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    The other one that's sorta off is the incontinence medicine where people are made out of water balloons and burst. Egads! I'm glad that incontinence doesn't actually make you *detonate*. Youch!
    Quite the opposite in fact.

LOL!!! Can you see the next ad for an adult swim diaper. There's a shot of an older person swimming in a pool or lake, and then you hear the sound from Jaws, you know, the duh dunt, duh dunt, duh dunt, and then the camera pans to the left and there's a log floating in the pool, and you hear the announcer saying, "You could keep this to yourself if you had just remembered to wear your big swimmers from Huggies".!!! LOL

A take off of the old Saturday night live or whatever movie joke it was, with the snickers floating in the pool. ( I can't recall what that was from now, my memory is too old, I need a brain diaper, cuz I'm constantly having brain farts, and I just know I'm going to have an accident soon! LOL!!!