Have you ever tried to sit in the child seat of a shopping cart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't do it! I am only 5ft and weigh 50kg, I fit into most baby swings... Until there was one that was too small and I got stuck, @SiySiy was with me and had to pull me out of the swing :sweatdrop: I did not want to have to explain myself to police or firefighters, especially any hot ones!

I had to try and put a 4 year old in one the other day and his knees practically had to go backward to get in. Imagining an adult trying is literally making me wet myself because I can’t stop laughing. Smh. I just imagine getting stuck and how too heavy the cart is and crash!

Bratfina said:
I had to try and put a 4 year old in one the other day and his knees practically had to go backward to get in. Imagining an adult trying is literally making me wet myself because I can’t stop laughing. Smh. I just imagine getting stuck and how too heavy the cart is and crash!

And then you're stuck walking through the store with a giant cart stuck to your butt/back like a deranged tortoise.

CuddleWoozle said:
And then you're stuck walking through the store with a giant cart stuck to your butt/back like a deranged tortoise.

Oh. My. Gosh! Yessss! Hehehehe hehehehe!

Many years ago I was a paramedic. I had a friend come visit and he got really sick so I drove him to the ER. The first thing I realized is that when you take someone you know to the ER you can't just leave him there. After sitting around in the waiting room I decided to go keep him company and found my way to the room they had parked him in. He was bored out of his skull, it's now like 3AM. He starts playing with the exam table in the room. He pulls out the gynecological stirrups and then manages to get his legs stuck through the hole in them up to his knee. Now I can see the doctor comming in and we have to explain how this guy got stuck in the exam table. I finally managed to get him extricated and the table stowed properly before anybody came in.

Years later this guy decides to go med school and now is a successful ER doctor...go figure.

I'd prefer this too, more room to move around if you want or climb out if you want to walk.

While I personally have never had the urge to try this, I know full well my nearly 6ft, 182lbs frame would never fit and getting out would be awkward. Imagine asking for help in that kind of a situation? What would you even say? Would they need to grease or butter you up to get you out?

Anyways, the reason I'm replying is because I went grocery shopping with a friend and his girlfriend a while ago and she decided to see if she could fit into the child seat of the buggy. She actually fit and when she couldn't get out, she pouted and motioned for my friend, she even said, "Daddy, I need out". Needless to say, that put a smile on my face and it had me thinking, if only they knew :rolleyes:

So yeah, something I would never try, but I know people who have tried it.

Um...I'm short, like 4'9 and I'm not sure if I would be able to fit in and be able to get back out safely. I wouldn't want to go in the seat, get stuck, be pulled out and then go flying across the place/up to the ceiling! Further more, I would only wear a skirt or dress if I was going to try that. Wearing pants is too risky and a recipe for disaster! :sissy::paci::blushie:

- - - Updated - - -

Poofybutt said:
While I personally have never had the urge to try this, I know full well my nearly 6ft, 182lbs frame would never fit and getting out would be awkward. Imagine asking for help in that kind of a situation? What would you even say? Would they need to grease or butter you up to get you out?

Anyways, the reason I'm replying is because I went grocery shopping with a friend and his girlfriend a while ago and she decided to see if she could fit into the child seat of the buggy. She actually fit and when she couldn't get out, she pouted and motioned for my friend, she even said, "Daddy, I need out". Needless to say, that put a smile on my face and it had me thinking, if only they knew :rolleyes:

So yeah, something I would never try, but I know people who have tried it.

I got my finger stuck in one of those hole things (where they would put accessories) when I was little and a man had to come out with ice cubes in order to slide my finger out of the little hole. It hurt so bad! :sad:

I wouldn´t dare to try that anymore, lol! :D However, while we were still living in the another city, our nearest supermarket had one of a kind shopping cart which was made for special needs :) I haven´t seen this in any of their supermarkets what they have in other cities/towns.
photo_2018-06-06_13-19-19.jpg

That's what they usually call "Caroline's Cart". :3 They're made the same way. The Kroger, Walmart and Meijer in the town near me have one each. At Walmart and Meijer you have to ask them for it because they keep it in the utility closet so people don't tear it up doing stupid things. The Kroger one was out with the power carts, but there was an attendant to keep an eye on things.

I was able to fit in the seat of a regular shopping cart at Walmart

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The last time I sat in one of those was when I was three years old, or so my parents told me. That time the seat was made of plastic and it broke and if it wasn't for my dad's quick reaction I could have fallen on my head and get really injured. From there on I would always seat inside the cart. But not any more! I miss doing it though!

Years ago I was at a BabyTenda seminar and the speaker demonstrated that he could fit in a regular highchair. I have never tried to fit inside a regular shopping cart though

CuddleWoozle said:
I have no desire to get stuck in a shopping cart and have to explain myself to the paramedics/police. XD

If you're skinny enough or small enough you would fit, but if you're a remotely 'normal' sized adult, you'll probably get your legs stuck in the openings trying to get out.

(Then again I have a fear of being stuck like that. I got into one of those baby bath seats they used to make and couldn't get out again. The ones like this: View attachment 30924 )
i got the same exact one,but i couldn't even get one leg in.

xionghaizi said:
i got the same exact one,but i couldn't even get one leg in.

Ah, but that happened when I was a little kid myself. That's the only reason I even fit enough to get stuck. XD And then got dire warnings from my parents that if I did it again they'd just leave it on my butt like a turtle shell. (They wouldn't have really, but the thought of having to walk around with a 'turtle butt' got me to stay out of it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back