View Poll Results: Read thread title

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

3 17.65%
  • Yes, deleted members out of respect, etc., but not banned members.

6 35.29%
  • Yes, banned members out of respect, etc., but not deleted members.

1 5.88%
  • Yes, banned and deleted members out of respect, etc.

3 17.65%
  • Yes, deleted members out of laziness to remove them, etc., but not banned members.

2 11.76%
  • Yes, banned members out of laziness to remove them, etc., but not deleted members.

1 5.88%
  • Yes, banned and deleted members out of laziness to remove them, etc.

6 35.29%
  • Yes, for no real reason whatsoever.

4 23.53%
  • Other

3 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you keep banned or deleted members on your friend list here?

Default Do you keep banned or deleted members on your friend list here?

For some reason, I do. I have two deleted friends (Mitsukuni, DarkSunDS) and one banned member (redtails) on my list, but I might change that. How about you.

Last edited by Kovy; 08-May-2009 at 20:30.

I never delete anyone from my friends list, so if I am friends with anyone who got banned, then sure.

I actually deleted my one friend that's no longer a member today. I haven't before out of pure laziness. If I had more friends, like some have 40+, I might be more inclined to cleaning up the list regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    I never delete anyone from my friends list, so if I am friends with anyone who got banned, then sure.
    So far, no one on my friends list has been banned, but two deleted their accounts - Mitsukuni and Footed P.J. I'm still leaving them on in case they come back. I probably wouldn't keep banned members in the list.

~Pramrider

Butterfly Mage

I suppose it would depend on the circumstances. If someone's account was deleted because the person died, I'd keep the person on my friend list as a memorial of sorts. If it's a drama deletion, then no.

For bans, if I thought the person got shafted (maybe some unfair neg-REPs or something) then I might keep the person on my list as a sign of protest. If the person was banned because he betrayed the community or turned out to be a sexual predator, then I would purge that person from my list.

I remove them when I remember, or when I go through a cleaning of my friends list

I voted for both out of respect, although I only have 2 deleted friends (MarkFox aka lboro83 and DarkSunDS) and no banned ones. If one of my friends got banned, it would depend on the situation, but more than likely I would keep them as a friend.

I mean, unless the reason they got banned also broke the friendship, they're still your friend, right? I guess, like Butterfly Mage said, if the person got banned for betraying us in some way, I would delete them....depends on the context I guess..

I have Monkey, Priest and Doodle on my friend's list.
    I voted out of laziness, although I like having them on there.

Redtails was on my list for some really odd reason, he probably added me before I started being stricter with it. So I'd definitely remove banned members.

I'm guilty of being lazy. I think I have one member who probably isn't a member any more. I would probably keep someone who left in case they came back, but delete a banned member if I had any. I don't believe I do.

EmeraldsAndLime

As soon as I find out, they're removed almost immediately.