Why is ab and dl always associated and assumed to be the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RandomUsernameDL said:
And that's why I only buy medical diapers. ;)
(Tena, Abena, etcetera.)

Would you be open to more fashionable medical diapers with color options and or/adult-friendly prints?

NorthShoreAdam said:
Would you be open to more fashionable medical diapers with color options and or/adult-friendly prints?

I have actually thought of this before to be honest... Some color options might be nice for personal preferences that like to have some style without dipping into AB aesthetics. Adult-friendly designs such as Paisley prints for some could also be pretty neat for some who want a bit more... elegance to their diapers? If you feel naughty at times, maybe a print that'd somehow mesh well with lingerie? I know there are some black shelled diapers out there, though perhaps this is a new avenue to explore.

NorthShoreAdam said:

While I have a bit of little in me, I bemoan the lack of more mature prints or ranges of colors in adult diapers. Rearz seems to be the only one with a couple of different diapers--Seduction and Rebel--that has a pattern that would fit both the AB and the non AB diaper-lover. I would love to see more companies come up with something along these lines.

I mean, before my IC hit and awakened my ABDL side--since I kinda go across the spectrum there--I wore colorful print boxers. Superman, TMNT, South Park, the Grinch, and Big Dog. I know that licensing may not be an option but those are good examples of designs that cut across age lines.

Camoflague patterns would be a good one that crosses gaps--different color options there are nice including the classic pink and blue fitting in with actual camo colors. Arctic camo could be fun twist to the plain white diaper.

Wildlife patterns could be fun, a more mature space one could be great--imagine if you could get a license to make a Kerbal Space Program-themed diaper!

Well, there are a lot of possibilities there--even if they are just solid colors. White may be classic but I like color in my life.

PaddedDeist said:
While I have a bit of little in me, I bemoan the lack of more mature prints or ranges of colors in adult diapers. Rearz seems to be the only one with a couple of different diapers--Seduction and Rebel--that has a pattern that would fit both the AB and the non AB diaper-lover. I would love to see more companies come up with something along these lines.

I mean, before my IC hit and awakened my ABDL side--since I kinda go across the spectrum there--I wore colorful print boxers. Superman, TMNT, South Park, the Grinch, and Big Dog. I know that licensing may not be an option but those are good examples of designs that cut across age lines.

Camoflague patterns would be a good one that crosses gaps--different color options there are nice including the classic pink and blue fitting in with actual camo colors. Arctic camo could be fun twist to the plain white diaper.

Wildlife patterns could be fun, a more mature space one could be great--imagine if you could get a license to make a Kerbal Space Program-themed diaper!

Well, there are a lot of possibilities there--even if they are just solid colors. White may be classic but I like color in my life.

As another person who identifies as a DL (along with a good amount of BDSM) I was thinking the other night that I'd love to see a diaper with a BDSM themed print on them (think handcuffs, floggers, blindfolds etc) but of course that's my jam...

Pink flamingos would also be fun! I do love the Rearz seductions and Rebels currently.

The problem with using labels is that any label is limiting. A label is a construct, just like conservative/liberal, and the problem with any label is that once we label ourselves, we feel like we have to become every aspect of what that label states.

I'm AB/DL but in reality, I sometimes have a day where I mostly enjoy the diaper. There are other times I feel more regressive, and most of the time, it's a combination of both. One should not let one label alienate them from how they truly feel. Wanting to wear and/or use a diaper is weird enough without adding unwanted angst to it.

I consider myself DL and Little/Middle, not AB—BUT, with that said, I find that I gravitate to the designs that are offered. When my bladder issues appeared again, I couldn't bring myself to stick with plain medical diapers, because I felt like an invalid in them. I had to have colors and patterns to bring myself to the point where I could accept everything.

I don't really have any issue with this part here.

While I am not AB by any means, i am most definitely DL. However the linking of the names doesn't bother me. It can provide some confusion, I think, with vanillas but I'm ok with it for the most part.

I do not like being treated like a child at all and can give my wife some crap(no pun intended) when she treats me like one of her students. The title of ABDL refers to both and i think it is holding there mostly because of the commonality of diapers. Both tend to have diapers as a focal (at least in an outsiders perspective) point and as such I think they get lumped together for it.

Honestly, labels are imperfect and tend to be lacking in their abillity to properly define someone. I'm used to it and over it.

My two cents

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

AB and DL pretty much go hand in hand together. I started as a DL that had an interest of bondage, that involves being forced in to the AB side. I don't exactly regress, but, I enjoy some of the AB stuff like onesies, juvenile clothing, but I've never regressed and feel like an idiot when I tried.

There's really no reason to differentiate from it, is there? There's enough labels as it is. Before you know, will have a hundred labels to explain each different detail. Let's just keep it simple. Both of the terms are outdated and weird though. Adult baby, diaper lover. Diaper lover... Diaper lover...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NorthShoreAdam said:

There doesn't seem to be much of a middle-ground right now huh? Fab Sense looks like it's making an honest attempt, but the execution has been pretty poor. (low performance diaper and really not that good of looking prints)

Most diapers available right now seem to fall into one of three camps... all-white or very plain, strongly AB/DL print, and strongly medical print, regardless of the quality of the diaper.

I'm assuming the thrust vector products are being very good sellers for you right now, and it's good to see you have the option to get different prints. Although I think a more "interesting but adult" theme for the print would be desirable, I struggle to think of what that print might be. Kids have a better focused set of interests in what they like to see things themed as, but adults are so much more varied. It's hard to imagine a single print that would be good across-the-board.

Maybe a technology theme? That actually sounds interesting... I don't think anyone's ever done anything like that. Cell phones, tablets, computers, laptops, robots, quadracopters, basically "adult toys".

I don't know what I'd suggest for a background shell color... probably stick with white. Anything else stands out more than it probably should. A white waistband that's poking out from an untucked shirt is much easier to assume to be boxers, than say a lime-green Fab Sense, which attracts a lot more attention.

bambinod said:
There doesn't seem to be much of a middle-ground right now huh? Fab Sense looks like it's making an honest attempt, but the execution has been pretty poor. (low performance diaper and really not that good of looking prints)

Most diapers available right now seem to fall into one of three camps... all-white or very plain, strongly AB/DL print, and strongly medical print, regardless of the quality of the diaper.

I'm assuming the thrust vector products are being very good sellers for you right now, and it's good to see you have the option to get different prints. Although I think a more "interesting but adult" theme for the print would be desirable, I struggle to think of what that print might be. Kids have a better focused set of interests in what they like to see things themed as, but adults are so much more varied. It's hard to imagine a single print that would be good across-the-board.

Maybe a technology theme? That actually sounds interesting... I don't think anyone's ever done anything like that. Cell phones, tablets, computers, laptops, robots, quadracopters, basically "adult toys".

I don't know what I'd suggest for a background shell color... probably stick with white. Anything else stands out more than it probably should. A white waistband that's poking out from an untucked shirt is much easier to assume to be boxers, than say a lime-green Fab Sense, which attracts a lot more attention.

Agreed, very difficult to find something for everyone. We're working on some concepts that we think will fall in the middle and be more fashionable for adults. Hope to have something to show later this year.

I like it. You can bet I'll be a customer
NorthShoreAdam said:
Agreed, very difficult to find something for everyone. We're working on some concepts that we think will fall in the middle and be more fashionable for adults. Hope to have something to show later this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2020porter said:
As another person who identifies as a DL (along with a good amount of BDSM) I was thinking the other night that I'd love to see a diaper with a BDSM themed print on them (think handcuffs, floggers, blindfolds etc) but of course that's my jam...

I am in the BDSM community as well, and I recently had this exact same thought! I really like the idea!

- - - Updated - - -

NorthShoreAdam said:
We're working on some concepts that we think will fall in the middle and be more fashionable for adults. Hope to have something to show later this year.

This is very exciting to hear!

PaddedDeist said:

I agree. As someone who doesn't really like baby prints, something with camouflage patterns would be great. Its just "adult" enough without being too medical-looking or boring.

I dunno. General flowers/kitties/puppies (NOT cartoonish ones, like pictures of them) might go over OK. But then being Little I'm probably not the best judge of what 'regular' folks would like.

Although I wouldn't wear camo padding myself, I can see a LOT of people liking it. :3

I tend to agree with some of the others that we need the support of each other in order to bolster the numbers. and there's also more than enough "overlap"
Personally I see way to much of this $hit in the LGB community trying to dump the T. Because "There just a bunch of outrageous drag queens who can't tone it down anyway." "And besides they aren't about the sex the way we are."

That is pretty Awesome, Northshore of the plans you're working on. Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back