Most infuriating games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So ever since late yesterday I've been playing Shadow Of War because of a free limited trial on PS4 (the trial itself lasts a few days and only includes the 1st act).

Theres much I like about the game, but it's also very infuriating so I will not be buying it.

Its infuriating for several big reasons

1. It shows a limited number of high ranking enemies, which is infuriating because as it turns out they respawn even after you kill them, I've had half a dozen different high ranking enemies respawn 2 or 3 times each.
2. The list keeps getting renewed with more "unknown enemies" you have to come across or torture enemies to get Intel to reveal those enemies and their strengths/weaknesses.
3. Enemies get stronger and/or get promoted when you die, and combined with a high number of low ranking enemies which can mob and kill you so easy it gets annoying; this adds to problem number 2 and makes it seem like you will never make any progress in the game.
4. A quest you can enroll in, yet at the same time you cant finish because it is "outside of the map"

I would give it a 7/10 because it looks beautiful, the story is interesting, and the basic gameplay is good, but the problems I've listed just kill it for me as to actually being worth buying; but at least I didn't have to buy it to find out I cant enjoy it due to these reasons.

So what games do you find infuriating?

This one is very old at this point but I STILL cannot beat it.

Vexx.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vexx

OMFG. It's so hard to get at some of the hearts you need to collect. One of the entrances is inside an enormous tower. You climb up the tower all the way and get a heart, then have to manage to jump through a tiny doorway into YET ANOTHER GIANT TOWER to get another heart. And by the way if you die inside the second tower...you start all over again. Climbing up the first and making that same pain-in-the-butt jump through into the second tower. FIFTEEN YEARS LATER AND I STILL RAGE AT THAT GAME.

*laughs*

But I still like playing it.

i couldn't play that game because of how boring the combat is. all you do is press X. no variety, just keep spamming the same button. boring af

Dark Souls 2.

You will die literally a hundred times because you accidentally rolled off a cliff. Enemies and bosses are stupid easy. It's the cliffs. The cliffs are the real boss.

Qwop.

A variant of Tetris that's got a primitive AI pattern, almost impossible to win. Or that's the legend, Tetravex. I never got to the "almost" part. Then there's Minesweeper. I know they're not anything like First Person Shooters but highly addictive and you never have to wait until your friends or fiends to come online to play.

From the era of "NES hard" games: Legendary Wings. I understand there are five levels; none of my friends ever played past Level 2. I never made it even that far. o.o;

Super Hexagon

Pac Man :p

Super Meat Boy. Great game but oh my god. One of the bosses is all about memorizing its attack patterns.

I would say that a different type of infuriating game for me was, Brothers: a Tale of two sons. Simply because you have to control two characters at the same time. (I only have it on PC so the keyboard is the controller.) That being said, I do want to beat it sometime though it has been long enough that I will probably start over.
Another game is Dark Souls. I had a trial of it, and while I found it fun, it was a new death at every corner.

angelicprince said:
I would say that a different type of infuriating game for me was, Brothers: a Tale of two sons. Simply because you have to control two characters at the same time. (I only have it on PC so the keyboard is the controller.) That being said, I do want to beat it sometime though it has been long enough that I will probably start over.
Another game is Dark Souls. I had a trial of it, and while I found it fun, it was a new death at every corner.
I use two Flight sticks in a few games. Descent 1,2,3 and Elite Dangerous. But you have to control the ship in 6 degrees of freedom.

The most infuriating game for me would have to be Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria.
The Seraphic Gate, although optional I still want to fully complete it but I can't see how it's possible.
The gate has to be completed 10 or 11 times, each time you complete it all enemies get a multiplier that increases them ( their damage, defenses, their shield parts that have to be broken inorder to damage them directly gets increased, and their resistances, oh and their already insane HP)

To get an idea, the boss on the bottom floor on the first run has about 1.1million HP, plus constant regenerating armour that needs to be broken first which also has high HP. The boss's damage can one hit with some attacks and the rest put you near death with one attack.
I have a guide book, that shows on the final run (so 10th or 11th) that boss over 1billion HP and damage multiplier is about 7x.

This supposed to be possible but I can't see how.

Great minds think alike

SnowBlitz said:
Super Meat Boy. Great game but oh my god. One of the bosses is all about memorizing its attack patterns.
this was exactly what game I had come to mind automatically I knew this thread isn’t new and that Somone had to have put SMB down , but it gets my vote too!

Last edited:
tykeboy123 said:
this was exactly what game I had come to mind automatically I knew this thread isn’t new and that Somone had to have put SMB down , but it gets my vote too!

O...M...G.... I didn't see this one before. Super Meat Boy. Can you say EXACT TIMING! I never did finish that game either. Too repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back