I'd like to try some medical diapers, any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkjo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So far I've only tried AB diapers, but now I'd like to try some medical ones like Tena, Abena, etc. What are your suggestions? Also, I live in the UK, so some brands might not be available.

I'm currently interested in Tena Slip Ultima, since they use Hook tapes (similar to Tykables) and rather efficient for a pack of 21 (costs £14.95). Also, what's the difference between the Slip Ultima and Slip Active Fit Ultima? Thanks in advance.

ID slip (maxi), Tena Pants, Tena men pads, tema Flex. All those are really good!

Abena Abri-form M4 (plastic-backed) are great. They're only available from a few places like NappiesRUs now:
https://www.nappiesrus.co.uk/abena-abri-form-level-4-pe-backed-group

I can thoroughly recommend the Abena Bodystockings (onesies) too. They're really comfy and hold the diaper in place perfectly.
https://www.nappiesrus.co.uk/abena-cotton-bodystocking-with-sleeves-poppers

Otherwise, have a browse of the Save Express website. They're based in Germany but (for as long as we're in the EU) ordering from them is as easy (and cheap) as ordering from the UK. They have a pretty huge selection!

https://www.saveexpress.de/en

darkjo said:
So far I've only tried AB diapers, but now I'd like to try some medical ones like Tena, Abena, etc. What are your suggestions? Also, I live in the UK, so some brands might not be available.

I'm currently interested in Tena Slip Ultima, since they use Hook tapes (similar to Tykables) and rather efficient for a pack of 21 (costs £14.95). Also, what's the difference between the Slip Ultima and Slip Active Fit Ultima? Thanks in advance.

Active fit is the plastic backed version. The plastic is soft to the touch but quite thin, nevertheless both varieties are equally great. As with other diapers which are breathable, the Tenas sag after a couple of wettings so a couple of adjustment to the fit is necessary while it’s getting heavier as with other cotton feel diapers you’re dealing with.
I would recommend to check out the Attends Slip Regular (Breathable, try degree 8, 9 or 10. The number indicates the absorbency level, 10 is their highest.
Their only fully plastic backed diaper is Attends Slip Regular Plus, and Attends Slip Active which is partially plastic backed the exception of the belt. The EU Attends range are as good and reliable as the Tenas are, and has nothing in common with the crappy US version bearing the same name. I guess you’re familiar with BetterDry, in my opinion only those are superior to Tena Ultima, so if you haven’t tried out them so go ahead. You won’t be disappointed and they are fairly priced too around €1 per piece. Another great brand is Seni, especially the Seni Super Seni Quattro. They’re cheap, really absorbs a lot, and very confortable to wear...

I wouldn’t on the other hand recommend the breathable Abena Abri-Form, they smell awful when wet and the wet parts feels uncomfortably cold and damp and they’re lacking a decent amount of those super absorbent polymers. The tapes are sticky which is doesn’t cling to the cotton feel well.

I wouldn’t either recommend any pants which doesn’t absorb very much and they sag uncomfortably when wet. If you want something more discrete, go rather for a thin diaper with tapes. It’s less of a hassle when changing as you don’t have to remove your pants and underwear.

I hope I was able to help you out a bit...

RandomUsernameDL said:
ID slip (maxi), Tena Pants, Tena men pads, tema Flex. All those are really good!

I've tried Tena Pants, they are pretty good for a pull-up.

- - - Updated - - -

tiny said:
Abena Abri-form M4 (plastic-backed) are great. They're only available from a few places like NappiesRUs now:
https://www.nappiesrus.co.uk/abena-abri-form-level-4-pe-backed-group

I can thoroughly recommend the Abena Bodystockings (onesies) too. They're really comfy and hold the diaper in place perfectly.
https://www.nappiesrus.co.uk/abena-cotton-bodystocking-with-sleeves-poppers

Otherwise, have a browse of the Save Express website. They're based in Germany but (for as long as we're in the EU) ordering from them is as easy (and cheap) as ordering from the UK. They have a pretty huge selection!

https://www.saveexpress.de/en

I'm actually a regular on NappiesRUs, since they have most brands for AB diapers. Also, how does Abena compare to Tena?

- - - Updated - - -

antte91 said:
Active fit is the plastic backed version. The plastic is soft to the touch but quite thin, nevertheless both varieties are equally great. As with other diapers which are breathable, the Tenas sag after a couple of wettings so a couple of adjustment to the fit is necessary while it’s getting heavier as with other cotton feel diapers you’re dealing with.
I would recommend to check out the Attends Slip Regular (Breathable, try degree 8, 9 or 10. The number indicates the absorbency level, 10 is their highest.
Their only fully plastic backed diaper is Attends Slip Regular Plus, and Attends Slip Active which is partially plastic backed the exception of the belt. The EU Attends range are as good and reliable as the Tenas are, and has nothing in common with the crappy US version bearing the same name. I guess you’re familiar with BetterDry, in my opinion only those are superior to Tena Ultima, so if you haven’t tried out them so go ahead. You won’t be disappointed and they are fairly priced too around €1 per piece. Another great brand is Seni, especially the Seni Super Seni Quattro. They’re cheap, really absorbs a lot, and very confortable to wear...

I wouldn’t on the other hand recommend the breathable Abena Abri-Form, they smell awful when wet and the wet parts feels uncomfortably cold and damp and they’re lacking a decent amount of those super absorbent polymers. The tapes are sticky which is doesn’t cling to the cotton feel well.

I wouldn’t either recommend any pants which doesn’t absorb very much and they sag uncomfortably when wet. If you want something more discrete, go rather for a thin diaper with tapes. It’s less of a hassle when changing as you don’t have to remove your pants and underwear.

I hope I was able to help you out a bit...

Thanks for the info! I've actually tried Crinklz, which is basically Betterdry with prints. So far they have the best capacity and price, though the tapes need to be improved.

Secure X-Plus - Hands down the best medical diaper. Incredibly absorbent, strong plastic, huge landing zone, tall leak guards, and pound for pound very affordable for their quality.

darkjo said:
I'm actually a regular on NappiesRUs, since they have most brands for AB diapers. Also, how does Abena compare to Tena?

The only Tena nappies I've used are the plastic-backed Tena Slip Maxi, and I think they were discontinued a while back (not sure).

Anyway, the Abena nappies have a fuller fit -- they come a bit higher up on the waist. The tapes are stronger than the Tenas, and are double-layered so you can re-tape them.

They are really comfy, and fit well, and... are my favourite nappy out there!

- - - Updated - - -

BetterDry are really good too. They're an ABDL diaper, but are plain white. Very thick and absorbent, with strong plastic and tapes. Wicking isn't as good as with other diapers, though.

babyblueblanket said:
Secure X-Plus - Hands down the best medical diaper. Incredibly absorbent, strong plastic, huge landing zone, tall leak guards, and pound for pound very affordable for their quality.

They're TotalDry X-Plus thes days. Last time I had those, they were just the adult incontinence version of a baseline Bambino (or vice versa), which is not a bad thing. They used to be careful to keep their prices the same but now I see the TotalDrys are a bit cheaper than Bambinos.

In any event, they may not be very accessible to a UK buyer. Not a bad choice if they are.

Last edited:
I haven't tried that many - but plastic backed M4s are very good - comfortable and absorbent. They are big - but still a bit discrete. Note the S, M or L code is the size - so you just use the appropriate one.

I used Attends active fit 10 for walking - and they are reasonably good for that - though do eventually chafe and the ones I have are PU backed - though maybe new ones aren't? The only thing with them is the velcro pad that is supposed to help you fit them often seems to manage to end up facing your skin and is very itchy.

Boots do an own-brand version which is similar and cheaper - but only goes up to 8 absorbency.

I hope you find something you like that is cheap and easy to get hold of.

Trevor said:
They're TotalDry X-Plus thes days. Last time I had those, they were just the adult incontinence version of a baseline Bambino (or vice versa), which is not a bad thing. They used to be careful to keep their prices the same but now I see the TotalDrys are a bit cheaper than Bambinos.

In any event, they may not be very accessible to a UK buyer. Not a bad choice if they are.

The design did change to "less" resemble that of the bambino. However, at least the ones I got in my last monthly disbursement still have Secure Personal Products on the landing zone. I'm not exactly sure who the parent company is anymore with them. Even the side of the cases say SPC (Secure Personal Care). You have a great point, I'm not sure they are readily available in the UK.

I have found that ID Slip Maxi and Molicare has been really good for me. Very good if your active and move around a bunch since they don't fall apart like some other ones do.

I would like to recommend the UK brand Drylife, which I bought on SaveExpress. They’re plastic backed, all white with two wetness indicators; a blue and yellow. They might be a bit stiff but they wick well and does not swell too much. Anybody else who have tried them? I’ve heard that they are very similar to the green iD Slip, but I haven’t tried those.

I’m the opposite of the OP. Ive only used medical type diapers. Right now I’m using Northshore Supreme, but I have no idea how accessible they are outside of the US or if they are as good as EU brands. I only know that they work well for me. I did just buy my first ABDl type diaper last week, Bambinos. I’m still waiting for delivery. Can hardly wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back