What kind of Foods do you like the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It can be a specific dish, or even as vague as a nationality of food (Italian, Chinese, Japanese, etc), I've come to find that I like a pretty good variety of different dishes, from different countries.

I got to taste a pretty good variety of different flavors with these meal kits they used to have at a local Walmart for only 2.50 each (basically you buy the meal kit and some extra ingredients and it comes with directions and suggestions of extra ingredients you need or that would be a good addition to the dish and it even has a little history about the dish), I already knew I like various Mexican and Italian dishes, but beyond that I have tried different Chinese Flavors, as well as Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken/beef, Morrocan Lemon Chicken, a couple different Indian Dishes, and I've tried different countries versions of Ramen Noodles.

The best Ramen Noodles I've tried were from Indonesia, you would think Ramen is Ramen, but there is better grade, more expensive Ramen with better seasonings and extra seasoning packets and it makes a world of difference.

Of course fresh is best, but it's not like Ramen Shops are everywhere (my town has an abundance of Fast Food shops, 7 or 8 pizzerias, 2 or 3 Chinese food places, and Dunkin Doughnuts and Tim Hortons, and this selection can get pretty boring, besides I don't really eat Fast Food Anymore unless you want count National Pizza Chains).

It is always good to try different types of food and expand your horizons to something you might like a lot.

British cookery, mostly, but with world being how it is, one of my favourite meals is Spam, beans and mash (grilled Spam, Heinz beans and mashed potatoes).
Most of the rest is pies, pasties and butties.
Tater-hash is also a biggy with me ( not the posh stuff, just with corned beef) which I enjoy making a butty out of with salad cream on).

Extremely partial to pizza though I really like fried chicken as well.

I think my favourite thing I am yet to try is a rye bread based pizza with peanut butter and fried chicken pieces (no bones of course) served with a nice strong US style extra hoppy IPA.

Some of my favourite foods are fresh fruits or fruit smoothies. Seriously, I can eat endless amounts of strawberries or blueberries or raspberries or clementines or bananas or cherries or apples or pears...you get the gist.

As for dishes, I love caprese salad. It's my go to meal when I don't feel like putting in a lot of effort, but still want to eat something nice. Avocado is also great, though I had some bad ones lately, so I'm a bit weary at the moment.

Chinese food is also at the top of my list, especially dumplings and beef noodle soup.

There's also this salmon-tomato-pasta dish that my mum often makes, and it super quick to make but really really tasty.

Japanese food, definitely, except for the raw eggs, fish heads and natto (fermented soy beans).

They also sell a lot more cute things in Japan.

I was born in the wrong country :sad:

Home cooked from scratch foods.

Easier to send you to the "foodie group" then to type all the stuff I like to make

A good steak is nice - obviously in moderation.

Sushi jumped to the top of my favorite foods, but I'm also pretty fond of pizza, and Chinese, and junk in general. I'm taking advantage of the $1.99 McFlurrys at McDonald's (M&M for me).

Ooooh that's tough. My go to will always be pho, Tacos, pizza, ando NC style pulled pork.

Southern USA Comfort Food. I love international cuisine, but the cookin' of my homeland always trumps. Collards, Okra! (fried, pickled, stewed), Cornbread, Fried Chicken, Spoonbread, Buttermilk Biscuits, Beans (Pinto, Cow Peas, Blackeyed Peas)...the list goes on.

Mac and cheese.

ade said:
British cookery, mostly, but with world being how it is, one of my favourite meals is Spam, beans and mash (grilled Spam, Heinz beans and mashed potatoes).
Most of the rest is pies, pasties and butties.
Tater-hash is also a biggy with me ( not the posh stuff, just with corned beef) which I enjoy making a butty out of with salad cream on).

The tater-hash butty sounds really good.

I like cheese and pickle toasties and corned beef and pickle toasties. The only problem is how hot the pickle gets.

I actually really enjoy just trying new foods. I like that so many people like a Food I’ve never had. I dive in and try it! Sometimes it is a wonderful experience and sometimes I would rather not have seconds.
Also, banana pudding...family recipe.

WOOZLE FOODS.

What are they? Whatever food I want to eat at the time. ;)

But for serious, my favorite thing in the whole world is French Fries. I can judge the quality of a restaurant based on their french fries. LOL

If I refuse French Fries I am usually extremely sick (or so entirely full of other French Fries that if I cram in any more I will explode.)

I actually have a T-shirt that says Fries before Guys.

canyon said:
Cornbread

Ohhh, cornbread! I was travelling round the southern US states many years ago, and discovered cornbread for the first time. We were eating in diners every night, and cornbread was everywhere! I don't think we even ordered it, it just appeared! But OMFG it was so delicious!

I was pescetarian for 10 years as I just couldn't give up fish! Lightly fry any fish in olive oil, butter and salt and it will be amazing! Sushi is great too (I love a California roll!).

In the ten years I didn't eat meat, almost everyone said, "Oh, you must miss bacon," but what brought me back to eating meat was a huge slab of rare steak. Ohh... It was amazing. I could feel my body thanking me for the nutrients. What's so incredible about bacon?!

Then again... bacon is great in pasta dishes... along with pine nuts, basil, spinach, tomatoes, onions, cheese... Mmmm... Dammit -- now I'm hungry!

All of the good raised farm food I grew up with in the 40's-50's. Beef, pork, chicken and anything raised in the garden.
Home made bread and rolls along with cornbread. I've ate a lot of other foods in my lifetime but I go back to the foods
I was raised on.

I love Italian and a few Japanese like ramen and tempura. I also love the Caucasian cuisines.

Chocolate

Lately, I'm loving Caucasian food but it's hard to find a good restaurant nearby. So I'm trying to learn their recipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back