• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hey everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

cy234

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Hi everybody! I'm cy234, but cy will be fine too. I'm still a little scared to say it, but I'm a diaper lover. I've been out of school for a year now. I'm looking for work and have periods of work but nothing sticks yet. I love longboarding, origami, warframe and H.P lovecraft. I made this account to be able to read through this site so I can be more comfortable while wearing or just be comfortable with who I am. I'm sorry if this is awkward, but this is my hi to the community.

Hello cy and welcome to the group.

You where not awkward at all. This was a very informative intro.

Egor

Hi Cy,
What line of work do you do? Maybe someone here can find a connection or have a good idea on how to get permanent work!

I enjoy origami, too! There are some really challenging and complicated designs out there! I remember trying to make a train once... I failed ��

I don't have a set career or anything yet. Mostly office cleaning, stocking shelves and a dishwashing job. I live in a small city in Maine. Ugh origami used to be my life. Right now I love doing these things called origami tessellations. One guy is even so good as to create faces. I've yet to see a train be folded, but does sound like a challenge. What else do you do?

cy234 said:
I don't have a set career or anything yet....
What else do you do?

I guess a better question would be, what kind of work would you like to get into?

I don’t have time for a whole lot right now as I have a family, full time job, and full time school. I’m transitioning from stagehand/theatre/film work into pharmacy.

However, I’m really passionate about personality profiling systems and understanding people’s similarities and differences. I enjoy reading and writing. I’ve temporarily shelved a fantasy novel that’s half way through a good 2nd draft. And I’m a fan of Joseph Campbell who wrote Hero with a 1000 Faces.

Hi and welcome. I've read some H.P lovecraft and enjoyed it. Back in the day, I had a friend who surfed and he was long board. We use to stick his board in the back of my car which was a convertible. Ah....good times.

TrueHero said:
I guess a better question would be, what kind of work would you like to get into?

I don’t have time for a whole lot right now as I have a family, full time job, and full time school. I’m transitioning from stagehand/theatre/film work into pharmacy.

However, I’m really passionate about personality profiling systems and understanding people’s similarities and differences. I enjoy reading and writing. I’ve temporarily shelved a fantasy novel that’s half way through a good 2nd draft. And I’m a fan of Joseph Campbell who wrote Hero with a 1000 Faces.

I'm thinking either the electrician route or tattoo artist. Not gonna lie though I would work in a (bud) dispensary. My life seems so full with just a job. I have a hard time imagining a family to take care of, on top of school too. How do you do it? Are you a Myers-Briggs fan? What about the enneagram? What profiling systems have you read? I've never heard of Joseph Campbell, but the Title sounds familiar.

- - - Updated - - -

dogboy said:
Hi and welcome. I've read some H.P lovecraft and enjoyed it. Back in the day, I had a friend who surfed and he was long board. We use to stick his board in the back of my car which was a convertible. Ah....good times.

Did you have any favorite stories? Around Maine where I live the roads can be bad, but there are some hills that make for nice carving and sliding. Did you skate or bike with your friend? That sounds nice.

cy234 said:
I'm thinking either the electrician route or tattoo artist. Not gonna lie though I would work in a (bud) dispensary. My life seems so full with just a job. I have a hard time imagining a family to take care of, on top of school too. How do you do it? Are you a Myers-Briggs fan? What about the enneagram? What profiling systems have you read? I've never heard of Joseph Campbell, but the Title sounds familiar.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you have any favorite stories? Around Maine where I live the roads can be bad, but there are some hills that make for nice carving and sliding. Did you skate or bike with your friend? That sounds nice.

I used to body surf and swim while he surfed. He was a good skateboarder too. We lived on the bay side of Seaside Heights, Jersey Shore, so there are a lot of good stories. It was such a cool place. You'd walk the boardwalk and there would be a dozen or more kids skateboarding on the boardwalk.

This was back in the late '60s as I'm now 70 years old. There was a TV show called "I've Got a Secret" and people would go on the show with a secret that the panelists (famous celebrates) would have to guess. They could ask 10 yes or no questions and then they had to guess. I remember watching the show, and there was this young kid on the show, and his secret was his name: August September. Anyway, a few years later there was this kid, maybe 13 or 14 skateboarding on the boardwalk and my friend said, "Hey, you know who that is? That's August September" and we went up and started talking to him. It was almost like out of a movie because all the kids had long, below the shoulder length hair. They defined "cool". It was as if every day was an adventure with my friend John. He was a wild child but also amazing.

When I was writing, back as a college student, and published, John was one of two people who got a poem. I still have that poem and I think in some ways, it was my best poem, but maybe that's only an emotional response. Fittingly, it ended with these lines:

and breezes which spilled our emotions
blown through streets like leaves
only to meet me,
and I them
at some distant spring.

cy234 said:
How do you do it? Are you a Myers-Briggs fan? What about the enneagram? What profiling systems have you read? I've never heard of Joseph Campbell, but the Title sounds familiar.

I’ll be honest, I’m not sure how I’m doing it. I believe I am getting a lot of help from my dead relatives.

I’m familiar with Myers-Briggs and enneagram. Each test has strengths and weaknesses. Enneagram comes across as really intense, almost pseudo-religious. MBTI is used professionally, but it’s really complicated and difficult to really understand for someone just getting in it. There are simpler tests like True Colors which are easier to understand but less professional and possibly less accurate. The Big 5 is the current professional winner. It seems to have the most scientific backing to personal favorite is actually face reading - reading facial features to determine personality. It’s fun to do and entertaining to demonstrate.

dogboy said:
I used to body surf and swim while he surfed. He was a good skateboarder too. We lived on the bay side of Seaside Heights, Jersey Shore, so there are a lot of good stories. It was such a cool place. You'd walk the boardwalk and there would be a dozen or more kids skateboarding on the boardwalk.

This was back in the late '60s as I'm now 70 years old. There was a TV show called "I've Got a Secret" and people would go on the show with a secret that the panelists (famous celebrates) would have to guess. They could ask 10 yes or no questions and then they had to guess. I remember watching the show, and there was this young kid on the show, and his secret was his name: August September. Anyway, a few years later there was this kid, maybe 13 or 14 skateboarding on the boardwalk and my friend said, "Hey, you know who that is? That's August September" and we went up and started talking to him. It was almost like out of a movie because all the kids had long, below the shoulder length hair. They defined "cool". It was as if every day was an adventure with my friend John. He was a wild child but also amazing.

When I was writing, back as a college student, and published, John was one of two people who got a poem. I still have that poem and I think in some ways, it was my best poem, but maybe that's only an emotional response. Fittingly, it ended with these lines:

and breezes which spilled our emotions
blown through streets like leaves
only to meet me,
and I them
at some distant spring.

Ah man. Having good friends like that in life seems like a rarity. I like the idea of surfing, but I'm not that comfortable with water. Surfing is where it started though. What was college like for you? What were you studying towards?

- - - Updated - - -

TrueHero said:
I’ll be honest, I’m not sure how I’m doing it. I believe I am getting a lot of help from my dead relatives.

I’m familiar with Myers-Briggs and enneagram. Each test has strengths and weaknesses. Enneagram comes across as really intense, almost pseudo-religious. MBTI is used professionally, but it’s really complicated and difficult to really understand for someone just getting in it. There are simpler tests like True Colors which are easier to understand but less professional and possibly less accurate. The Big 5 is the current professional winner. It seems to have the most scientific backing to personal favorite is actually face reading - reading facial features to determine personality. It’s fun to do and entertaining to demonstrate.

Right off I'm interested to know your MBTI letters. I'm INTP. Which test do you like to use most? I just like using either of those because I've used them before. I actually got to try one of the paper tests for the MBTI by someone studying it for college. What made you think of pharmacy work? What position?

cy234 said:
Right off I'm interested to know your MBTI letters. I'm INTP. Which test do you like to use most? I just like using either of those because I've used them before. I actually got to try one of the paper tests for the MBTI by someone studying it for college. What made you think of pharmacy work? What position?

If I remember correctly, I am an INFP. I use True Colors the most. It’s easy to use and remember. It’s not as complicated or in-depth, but it’s a good broad-brush-stroke kind of analysis that’s actually really useful. There are free tests online that can help you identify your “True Color(s)”. But basically, it color codes the four types as Orange = Adventurous, Gold = Organized, Green = Intellectual, and Blue = Emotional. Although we all have each of the four types within us, most people have either one or two main colors they depend on. And you can describe actions, motivations, attitudes, and even institutions with these four types. It has its limitations and it’s by no means scientifically backed, but it is based on historical concepts of personality.
If we’re looking for scientifically accurate, but less fun, I go with the Big 5. It basically evaluates on 5 different scales of opposing ideas. Similar to MBTI, one of the scales evaluate how introverted or extroverted you are, for example. There were two methods the creators came up with the 5 scales. They took every word that could be used to describe a person’s personality and got rid of all the synonyms which boiled down to 5 sets of opposites. The other method is to look at all the personality disorders and pull them back to a non-disorder level. For example, OCD and Passive-aggressive disorders are opposites on a continuum. On the normal sides of those are structured and flexible personalities.
Like I said before, I also really enjoy face reading. It’s a lot of fun, very specific, and remarkably accurate. You can learn more through the book Amazing Face Reading which you can probably find online for $1. It is a lot of material presented in encyclopedic fashion, but if you can get it down, it’s a lot of fun and very useful.

cy234 said:
Ah man. Having good friends like that in life seems like a rarity. I like the idea of surfing, but I'm not that comfortable with water. Surfing is where it started though. What was college like for you? What were you studying towards

I was a music major at a well known, east coast music conservatory, Westminster Choir College in Princeton, N. J. I majored in organ performance and have worked all my life as a church musician, first as an organist/accompanist for a 3200 membership Methodist Church, and as a music director. I still work as a church music director in a part time capacity. I enjoy making music so it never seems like work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back