Not open for further replies.

PaddedDeist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I have been usually using the J&J Corn Starch with the aloe and vitiman E. It has a pleasant baby powder scent and it does work well. It smells like baby powder should.

I ran out and when I went to the store, all they had was the J&J Talc. What could be the difference? Well, it works but I find the scent to be unpleasant. I'll not waste it but damn, I thought plain baby powder would still smell like baby powder.

Any one else have this problem?

Funny, to me it's the J&J corn starch that stinks horribly. Talc smells like baby powder should.
I guess it's what ever you grew up with that will smell right to you.

How funny! It mist just be a matter of what you're used to. I prefer talc due mostly to the weight. I've used cornstarch a few times and the smell didn't bother me. I only use Johnson & Johnson.

I use J & J powder most of the time. I like the talc a lot better [smells better] than the corn starch but when it gets to summer I switch to corn starch because it is more absorbent. In the fall and winter I usually use talc. I have used Wal-Mart talc but I don't like it as well.

Trevor beat me to it -- I think it has to do with what you were raised with or first associated the smell with.

I like the smell of aloe but it is not a baby smell to me. Like others have said, for me, the plain J&J Talc ('baby powder') is what I associate with babies and diapers as that was what my parents used on me and my sister all the time.

The thing is was that particular J & J corn starch available from '69 to early 70s? Or have most corn starch powders had that same scent?

Or was I used to some scented talc?

Bein' a girl, I don't even use talc. XD **

But I've always liked the smell of both.

Right now I have the Walmart lavender and chamomile and am in love with the smell.

**Due to all the trouble with it possibly causing ovarian cancer. I don't know if it actually does or not, but rather safe than sorry.

I prefer the scent of jj's normal talc, i think the cornstarch with aloe one smells a bit funky, and i really dont like the feel of the cornstarch at all.

I like J&J talc, it smells great to me, I did once buy baby magic original baby scent and thought it smelled like perfume and poop.

Perhaps I just got used to the smell since that was what I started using since I brought powder into my routine?

PaddedDeist said:
Perhaps I just got used to the smell since that was what I started using since I brought powder into my routine?

That's as good a guess as any and probably better than most! And this is my opinion too.

J&J cornstarch with aloe for me smells better and I feel safer using it over talc.

As a cowboy, I find that arm and hammer baking soda is best as it eliminates any of the stinky smells with the diaper.

[video=youtube;H3QF7iJssrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3QF7iJssrM[/video]

Just pour it in as you would baby powder and there you go....

:detective3

JUST KIDDING!!!

... While baking soda is certainly an amazing product for eliminating smells, I certainly don't use it in my diapers.

My favorite is Johnson and Johnson Lavender scented baby powder. The scent is amazing and it works amazingly well to prevent rash and other concerns.

But consider using the baking soda if you have things you need to make smell better after accidents or the like.

:detective3

so..... with urine being acidic.... and we all know what happens when you mix vinegar and baking soda... won't this lead to your diaper fizzing when you wet?? :dunno:

And then the cops came.

Police: "What happened here?"

Woozle: "My diaper started hissing at me and I ran away from it."

Police: "You're stuck upside down in a bush, miss."

Woozle: "Well, it turns out that you can't run away from your own butt."

XD

The only thing I ever use baking soda for is cooking, making the fridge not stink like a random onion and sometimes for cleaning. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back