Status
Not open for further replies.

St00FeD

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I just upgraded my pc to and amd 12 core thredripper 3.10ghz oc to 4.10ghz watercoold , 32gb of tritant z ram, and a evga gtx 1080ti sc2.
Beast of a computer has no problems with music production, video rendering or gaming.....

What do u got? Something to simply Web serf? Something more ridiculous? Custom built or store bought?

Very nice PC, it sounds very expensive I bet that PC must play everything very nicely at 2160p ^^ I have a gaming laptop myself, an MSI GT73EVR 7RF Titan Pro. It has an i7-7820hk overclocked to 4ghz, 16gb DDR4-2400, an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080, and a 120hz TN panel. Plays pretty much everything maxed out. I even hooked it up to my friend's 4k TV just to try it out because I don't have one and wow 2160p is beautiful! But definitely very system intensive for sure.

My home built rig is getting a bit dated but I am constantly putting new bits an bobs in.

CPU: AMD FX8350 Eight-Core Processor (4334.51 MHz) cooled by a Corsair H80i GT
Memory: 16gb of DDR3 1600mhz
Graphics Card: Asus GTX 1070 Ti 8gb DDR5
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev. 1 (Yeah she is getting dated)

Plays anything I throw at it with no issues so I can't complain.

I have probably 20+ computers lol my oldest is a complete and functional Apple IIe with 3 drives (one is still factory sealed) and the original printer, it's great. I have several others both desktop and laptop from varying periods up from the 80's to today. My newest is a Dell Optiplex 9010 SFF with an octacore i7 @ 3.10 with 16gb alongside a 1TB SSD, I wanted to see what was up with these small things, it's pretty cool, but not my smallest. I would say that honor goes to my Intel Edison and Galileo, but I go on too much. That's a small peek into my PC obsessed world.

I just have my old laptop from when I was going to college a few years ago. It's a Dell N5110 upgraded to 8GB of RAM. It only has a second-gen i3. It plays some. He's OK but I know I need to upgrade badly.

My favourite system I had was my old A4000/040 system. It had the desktop A4000 guts in am Elbox Power Tower case as well as having the Elbox daughter board that gave. Me more. Expansion slots than the stock CM-made one.

It had the Picasso IV RTG board for graphics, an Individual Computers XSurf series network card, a Catweasel floppy controller card so I could use generic foppy drives, and I may have had a. Buddha IDE controller to add more internal drives. I also may have had a CBM-made SCSI card for other perspectives but it's hard for me to render all that I had in that big case.

I also had the stock CBM 68040 processor board installed-I really wanted an accelerator board for it but those were-especially the boards with the 68060/PPC dual-processors.

Bit of a thread revive here but I'll bite. This pc is primarily an audio/video and photo editing rig but it's been tuned for gaming over time.

XSPC Tower
Water Cooler: XIGMATEK Dark Knight II SD1283
Chipset: i5 3570k overclocked to 4.0
Mother Board: MSI z77ma-g45 board
Ram: 32GB of Kingston DDR3
GPUs: Twin NVIDIA GeForce 650ti Boost with 2GB DDR5 each.
Memory: Primary / Kingston 120GB solid state containing OS and base programs
Secondary-Slave / Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM
Fans: 3 pushers and 1 oversized puller. Water cooling takes the brunt of the force. I rarely see temps above 30-40C when gaming or video editing.

It's an older build but it's yet to let me down. Possible upgrades in the future as time goes by. We'll see.

I also have an ASUS Strix GL502V 15in that I use when I'm mobile.

Last edited:
Intel i7 4790K
16GB ram (I don't remember the mhz)
Evga GTX 970
128GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD
2TB HGST HDD

No plans to upgrade anytime soon

My computer is getting on for 10 years old! And it's still a super-fast machine. Best money I've ever spent!

It's the second PC I've built myself. The first was an AMD64 (Pentium III era) PC. That was a great machine at first, but I made a few mistakes when choosing components, due to inexperience. And I was unlucky with my timing because, not that long after I built it, there were a number of major advances in PC technology, meaning my old PC couldn't be upgraded.

I overspent on the case and PSU, thinking I'd be able to use them when I wanted a "complete upgrade". The case was beautiful, made of polished aluminium, but it only had room for a single 80mm fan. As soon as the P4 chips were released, the case was obsolete -- insufficient cooling. It was also too small for the latest "long" graphics cards that even reached the budget-end of the market. And the PSU didn't have all these extra connections for video cards or SATA drives, even though it was ridiculously overpowered -- just a waste of money.

So I had to start from scratch, learning from my previous mistakes.

This time I bought a huge case that could fit anything up to a server-sized BTX motherboard, had room for 4 large (5.25") drives, 8 small (3.5") drives, and 8 expansion cards. It has a 200mm fan, two 150mm fans, one 100mm fan, and two 80mm fans. And there's another 100mm fan in the high-end Corsair 800W modular PSU, which has more power connections that anyone could ever need. Ten years on, the case and PSU can still accommodate any upgrade I could wish for in the foreseeable future. So, at least this time, it was money well-spent.

I bought one of the Core i7 CPUs on the day of release. It was expensive, but had so many amazing features that were a massive technological advancement -- quad core with hyperthreading, large onboard caches, triple-channel memory, hardware virtualisation, and plenty of overhead for overclocking. I got a liquid-cooled CPU block, thinking I'd get into overclocking, but... I never needed to.

I picked a reliable motherboard, with two IDE ports (for my old drives), six SATA ports, and PCIe 2.0 (which was fairly new at the time). And 6GB RAM and a basic graphics card.

I've since upgraded to 12GB RAM, an nVidia GTX 770 (which is way more powerful than I need), and a PCIe 3.0 SSD, with speeds several times faster than SATA SSDs.

I can't see any reason I'd need to upgrade in the imminent future, as the PC does everything I want. I can run virtual machines, stream video, play games and browse the web all at the same time. But if I do, a CPU, mobo & RAM will be all I need.

It really is a beast, though, especially with the sound-proofed panelling (which makes no difference with all those fan holes). I can't physically lift it by myself. I made the mistake of not building it in-situ... and then had to dismantle it in order to be able to transport it to a different room! But at least no one's going to steal it! :smile:

my pc specs are
Intel i7 5820k
Hyper 212 evo cpu cooler
corsair 16 gb of ram
Gigabyte x-99M Gaming 5
Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB NITRO+
In-win 707 case

I got lucky and picked up a sanely priced 8GB RX580 during last year's Black Friday sales. Prices have been ridiculous before and ever since.
Combined with my trusty old 4790K and 16GB DDR3-2400 that still runs anything I throw at it, if I get to game at all.
No point in upgrading right now, even though the new Ryzen are a really sweet deal.

Alienware

8th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H (6-Core, 9MB Cache, up to 4.1GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
Windows 10 Pro (64bit) English
16GB, DDR4, 2400MHz
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1070 OC with 8GB GDDR5
512GB PCIe M.2 Class 50 SSD
Black
17.3-inch QHD (2560 x 1440) 120Hz TN+WVA Anti-Glare 400-nits NVIDIA G-SYNC with Tobii Eye-tracking
Killer 1435 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back