Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What would your picks be for:
1. Ugliest diaper you have seen
2. Best looking diaper you have seen
3. Least functional you have personally used
4. Most functional you have personally used

Nice topic :)

Being a bit of a diaper connoisseur, I've tried a few and I can easily select a diaper for each category presented.

Ugliest diaper... probably a tie between the My Diaper Yellow and Rearz Rebels. That yellow diaper just looked like an eyesore, the yellow was much too bright and I thought that the designs were boring and haphazardly placed. Rearz Rebels probably isn't ugly depending on who you are, but they have a very boring design. Skulls and crossbones on a diaper? I prefer babyish things, maybe there were some Hot Topic frequenting teen babies who thought the design was cool, but it's very boring and not very babyish.

Best Looking is a bit harder because there are plenty of aesthetically pleasing ABDL diaper brands. Best Looking for me, probably ABU Cushies, I like the designs, I like the colour, I like the two tapes. I also really like Crinklz and Tykables, their designs are very cute and aesthetically they look a lot like baby diapers sans the single tapes, one on each side.

Least Functional, definitely Depends Maximum Fitted Protection, by a long shot. To date this Depends brand is the only diaper I have worn that failed miserably, couldn't even hold 1 slight trickling. Useless.

Most Functional, while I haven't tried them I'd assume the new PeekABU's are the most functional, they seem to share the same basic contour and design as other ABU brands while boasting that massive absorbency. Other incredibly functional diapers that I enjoy are ABU SDK's, Rearz Safari's, Bambino's and Abena M4/L4's.

A bit of an odd one that I'd bet not many have seen in person: QTTY Rawr

attachment.php

I really like the high resolution print on Thrust Vector's (rev2) Crinklz. Their new Astronaut and Aquanaut are also very high res and cute characters, but there's less color to them (which I suppose is better if you're looking for something closer to an all-white diaper)

Original Cushies. aka "leakies" (I'm only going to count abdl diapers, it's a long way down to "rock bottom" in the medical diaper scene)

Rearz Safari / InspireInControl are the highest capacity / most dependable I've worn regularly. ABU's PeekABU is trying to take that title away, but I haven't worn enough of them in the proper size yet to pass the crown. Just because a diaper has more capacity on paper doesn't make it the most functional - it has to wick, channel well, fit snug around the legs, and not press out to void leaks when heavily wet. I trust Safari when I need maximum capacity.

1. Ugliest. Probably have to agree with Bambinod on this. The Rawr is just a visual mess.

2. Best looking. Rainbow Pride Adult Diapers. Because rainbows. There are a lot of other really great looking diapers out there, though.

3. Least functional. Depends. But if I limit this to just ABDL diapers, I'd have to say Crinklz. After 2 wettings, they swell so much that they pull out away from my legs and leak. Awesome fun, and I do like them, but the crotch is too narrow for me.

4. Most functional. Bambino Magnifico. They don't hold nearly as much as many others I've used, but they stretch and move, so I can be active without pulling off a tape or causing a leak.

bambinod said:

A bit of an odd one that I'd bet not many have seen in person: QTTY Rawr

attachment.php

I really like the high resolution print on Thrust Vector's (rev2) Crinklz. Their new Astronaut and Aquanaut are also very high res and cute characters, but there's less color to them (which I suppose is better if you're looking for something closer to an all-white diaper)

Original Cushies. aka "leakies" (I'm only going to count abdl diapers, it's a long way down to "rock bottom" in the medical diaper scene)

Rearz Safari / InspireInControl are the highest capacity / most dependable I've worn regularly. ABU's PeekABU is trying to take that title away, but I haven't worn enough of them in the proper size yet to pass the crown. Just because a diaper has more capacity on paper doesn't make it the most functional - it has to wick, channel well, fit snug around the legs, and not press out to void leaks when heavily wet. I trust Safari when I need maximum capacity.

That RAWR is one hideous diaper. I can't help but wonder how it came about... It ignores nearly every principle of design, and it looks like no diaper in the history of diapers. You would think someone on the team would have spoke up.

1. Ugliest has to be that RAWR diaper whoever thought of that needs to have their eyeballs bleached.

2. Best looking in my opinion would be a tossup between the new Crinklz or the ABU Littlepaws.

3. Least functional I am going to have to go with anything "Derpends". I have come across store brands that function better than they do. I feel sorry for people that have no better option. I hope they discover better options.

4. Most functional. I would have to say the Better Dry / Crinklz. Just way that they wick the moisture away fast and without press out is wonderful. Not to mention when dry they are very thin and discreet. Wearing to bed my whole life I have worn everything from Rearz to derpends and functionally on a day to day basis these I feel take the cake. I never had to wake up to a leak with these. I made it the whole way from Toronto to lower Pennsylvania no issues. I have no doubt there are other diapers that can last a long time but a diaper that can hold itself together in an active lifestyle without falling apart is more important than how thick it is not to mention I don't think one should stay in the same diaper more than 8 -10 hours anyway. So at present day I vote Thrust vector's Crinklz / Better Dry.

1. Holy crap I've never seen that RAWR diaper before but it absolutely blows whatever I was thinking of out of the water.

2. Best looking I think would have to go to the Preschools. They're the closest I've seen in visual appeal to a baby diaper... I wonder if one day they'll be able to get the baby diaper design feel down right for an adult sized product.

3. Least functional would be the Depends underwear. The adjustable ones were okay, but the Real-Fit or Silhouette are just nightmares that might as well be nothing at all and they still call them "maximum absorbency".

4. Most functional would hand itself to diapers in the league of the Betterdry, the absorbency under pressure of those things was beyond anything I've ever tried before... although I would never go for one of those in a public scenario as they are huge.

1. And the awards for ugliest diaper goes to RAWR! One I'd not seen but great googly moogly it's gonna haunt my nightmares.

Honesly, if a caretaker comes at me with that thing, I'm running my nekkid booty out the door. :laugh: "NO THANK YOU. I WILL PEE IN THE BUSHES NOW."

2. I think of ones that I've personally had, Crinklz. Just 'cause the art is super cute. I like Lavenders, too, but I've never tried them. (I just think the design is very pretty and the flowers are subtle. I'm not sure I would like my bottom smelling like a flower though, so I've never tried them. XD)

3. Just. Ugh. Depends. You can't depend on 'em. But the worst and most offensive in functionality was a store brand that came individually wrapped. (I still have a whole package of the dang things. They're THAT useless.) I once opened one up and used it to clean up a dog-pee-puddle on the tile floor. And it STILL didn't absorb much. LOL (Just managed to find them: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Assurance-Incontinence-Underwear-for-Women-Maximum-L-18-Ct/894201 The people giving them five stars are either PAID, have very little piddle for their pants or are just crazy.)

4. Betterdry. Doooood. If I threw one into a swimming pool, it would probably swell up like a gigantic monster blob and come try to smoosh me for wasting it.

Ugliest: I think RAWR wins, but for the sake of variety, I would say Tykeables Pleather. I don't really like diapers that change up the well established aesthtic formula too much. Kudos to them for experimenting though.

Prettiest: This is a hard one... I always thought the Mydiaper Comfort and Fabine looked particularly adorable on the right bottoms.

Least Functional: I have worn some crappy pullups before, but as far as diapers go, I would have to go with the CVS brand circa 2005. I tried one and then went back to the store and bought Depends.

Most Functional: Probably Dry 24/7.

Dork said:
That RAWR is one hideous diaper. I can't help but wonder how it came about... It ignores nearly every principle of design, and it looks like no diaper in the history of diapers. You would think someone on the team would have spoke up.

They do have one interesting and entirely unique feature to them. The front waistband isn't flat, or the more comfortable "pleated" design that most of the premium ABDL diapers use. It's actually got a band of stretchy thin blue foam across the front. I've never seen another diaper that uses it. I don't recall if it's in the back as well. I didn't wear enough of them to really judge how well they worked, but they seemed quite comfortable.

bambinod said:
They do have one interesting and entirely unique feature to them. The front waistband isn't flat, or the more comfortable "pleated" design that most of the premium ABDL diapers use. It's actually got a band of stretchy thin blue foam across the front. I've never seen another diaper that uses it. I don't recall if it's in the back as well. I didn't wear enough of them to really judge how well they worked, but they seemed quite comfortable.

I remember the original run of Bambino diapers had a blue waistband. Wonder if it was the same?

ugliest : any black diaper. no no no just no

prettiest: little paws the checkboard and blue stripes on the sides rock and the animals are awesome.

least funtional: depends, although i almost said dry 24/7 because no matter what the darn right lower tape ALWAYS just pops off at the worst possible time.

most functional: at least that ive worn, little paws and northshore supreme plastic backed. and of course cloth.

Dork said:
I remember the original run of Bambino diapers had a blue waistband. Wonder if it was the same?

yes now that you mention it they did have a blue colored waistband. This is an actual microfoam, about 1mm thick, inserted between the shell and the inner top sheet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

from my QTTY review: https://www.adisc.org/forum/album.php?albumid=1885

1. Tykables PLeather. I know some peeps loved ‘em but damn.

2. Kiddos. The design, the nice little ruffles and the look on.

3. Tena Flex. I understand they have changed (lol) but on first launch the cloth like backing may as well have been cloth.

4. ABU Space/Simple/Pawz. Based purely on capacity as sometimes capacity is really needed. Otherwise Kiddos as the most brilliant all rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back