The 2am feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfront

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
What can I do or think when I wake up at 2am, desperate but unable to pee lying down, and all I want to do is go to the bathroom, rip the diaper off and use the toilet? I really want to have a good, sleepy, wet night in my diaper.

I can urinate lying down but I rarely do (unless I'm wearing cloth) because my orientation is almost inevitably going to cause a leak. On those rare occasions I need to go during the night, I just briefly stand and go back to sleep.

Same as Trevor Though If I wear plastic pants I might. A good way to practice is to lie on the ground on a bed absorbent mat (drynites style of bedmats or something similiar) and teach yourself it is ok to go while in that position. Eventually you'll train your mind to do it then work your way to doing it while on the bed with the bed mat and sure enough you'll be able to pee sideways.

It took me a looong time to get used to wetting whilst lying down...sometimes I still have issues getting the flow started, but usually it just takes me sitting up in bed to get the job done. It definitely takes time, that's for sure...just relax your body and don't try to force it too hard.

I had that when I started wearing diapers to bed. My advice: don't push it. Don't think "if I drink a lot before bed I'll be forced to wet my diaper!" It doesn't usually work that way and as you found, it just drives you out of bed to pee. So if you have to go and can't, it's ok, just get out of bed, haul out or shimmy down and pee, and snug back up and get back to bed. Laying in bed desperate to pee just associates unpleasant things with your diapers, and that's not what you want to do.

As for wetting while laying down, as has been discussed in other recent threads, practice practice practice. Find places that are challenging to wet but not impossible, and practice. Work your way up to wetting in bed. You'll get it eventually.

MAKE SURE that your bed is protected with a vinyl sheet or PUL bed pad so that you have no worries about leaks and this makes letting go easier.

Usually a few relaxing breaths does it for me. I do it to properly observe the rules of SIDF.

It also helps when I have painful spasms that don't relent until I let go.

Sit on the loo with your diaper on. You are on the loo so your mind will let it flow :)

OmiOMy said:
Usually a few relaxing breaths does it for me. I do it to properly observe the rules of SIDF.

It also helps when I have painful spasms that don't relent until I let go.

What's SIDF?

It's been a lot for years since i had a hard time going while laying down. Now if i wake and in need to go in seconds it goes than try and fall back o sleep.

most nights I wake up feeling I need to pee but before I can get out of bed my bladder releases, this happens most nights then I have to struggle to get back to sleep. it drives me nuts if my body's going to pee any ways before I make it to the bathroom why wake me up to pee :(

If I wake I just lay on my back and go , some times I will awake @12pm because I've actually just recently wet in my sleep because of the earlier REM heavy sleep I was in (happened last night went to sleep about 10:30 pm dry diaper woke 2am felt diaper and noticed I've wet with no memory of doing it ) had another pee and went back to sleep

Thank you all for your helpful comments. I've had some slightly better experiences in the last few days, and wanted to share.

I'm getting better at wetting lying down, and relaxing. If I can't relax enough, I find it helps to draw my knees up towards my chest. Or simply stand next to the bed to get flowing.

Big mistake to drink too much water before bedtime. I woke up in agony (bad), managed to wet (good), then got so paranoid about wetting the bed that I gave up for the night (very bad).

I need to have confidence in my diaper-booster combo, as they can hold a lot of fluid. And I'm using improvised bed protection - towels over a rubbish sack - but I've realised that disposable bed pads are so cheap I will get some.

I'm still finding I don't sleep well in a diaper, wet or dry, but I'm sure that will come with a bit more experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back