Thread: Losing Time, Telling People

Default Losing Time, Telling People

So.

I was talking to a good friend a few weeks ago, and we were working through some stuff that had happened in a work environment. Just so I knew I asked them to tell me what secrets they knew about me.

Apparently in December I lost time and told them about my ABDL side. I have no recollection of this. They say I claimed to be 8 y/o at the time which isn't something I've ever done. I don't have DID, otherwise I would have known earlier and started losing time earlier in my life too.

So I've spent the last few weeks talking to my friends to find out what they know. I've told far more people than I remember telling, at least 4 more than I ever recall telling. So I'm freaking out a bit, I don't know when the next time I'm just going to tell someone without knowing/remembering.

Advice? Experiences?
    (Also excuse me for any bad grammar. I'm having trouble with words recently)

I'm sorry no one has responded sooner but I suspect they don't know what to say or suggest. To me, this sounds very serious and you should see a doctor. The doctor may recommend a therapist, psychologist, etc. I don't think this is something you can or should ignore. Yeah, I'd be freaking out too.

I lost my wife six months ago due to complications with diabetes. I find that I'm now having some very vivid past memories that just seem to flash in my mine. It's not like I'm trying to think of them. They just happen. I think some of this is cause by living alone, some still by shock and grief. If they continue, I too may have to see a professional. Sometimes, that's all we can do when the mind starts playing games with us.

I agree with dogboy, it would be sensible to look into this further. Generally, we would not tell someone something intimate about ourselves and not remember it. Dissociation is consistent with the idea that you told someone that you were eight years old at the same time that other things happened you can't remember.

You didn't share with us why you think you don't have D.I.D., but there are other possibilities that would explain dissociative symptoms.