Not open for further replies.

Mariofan64

Follow us on Instagram at mariofanmama64
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Soooo, apparently these are only in China at the moment and they’re available in varying thickness and in Cloth or plastic. The brand is called “neva”. Just thought I’d share this info.. EAE49F5C-113D-4B8D-AE5F-58582B5A6922.jpg08917FCF-D4C2-4309-AD2F-80AA8AA5871E.jpg811A4E65-779B-4D93-A4D1-FD1DAF979ABC.jpg8C413315-2AE8-4711-B33B-644F3F4CD8A8.jpg

Oh wow! I like the print and design quite a bit. How are they?

Sheepies said:
Oh wow! I like the print and design quite a bit. How are they?
I actually havent tried them yet as I’m unable to find them available anywhere online for sale to the USA or at all for that matter. I think they’re brand new and seeking distribution..

They look similar to a diaper I seen somebody post on Twitter boasting 7000ml capacity, but they could just be a similar print and that kind of capacity is unheard of so far and would be very expensive.

Bambino knock offs? hopefully these mediums are true mediums and not the small / medium crap that bambino did. I get the marketing strategy but for me the small / mediums were to small and the large / xl were to big, other than that idea of having an adult product with stretch wings and good absorbency was awesome, I just wish I could fit them and not worry about leaks.

BabyTyrant said:
They look similar to a diaper I seen somebody post on Twitter boasting 7000ml capacity, but they could just be a similar print and that kind of capacity is unheard of so far and would be very expensive.

Ah, that's because China uses numbers in a different way to the rest of the world when it comes to performance measurements.

In the rest of the world, "7000ml capacity" means that the diaper can hold 7000ml of liquid.

In China, that phrase means that "it would be nice if the diaper contained 7000ml of liquid, and it contains more than the 5000 ml diaper (which actually holds 3000ml), so it all checks out because everything is relative and everyone knows that vendors will exaggerate numbers and no one is going to check anyway so it's a perfectly fair way to do business".

Be careful the diaper doesn't catch fire, too.

:tongueout:

Very much doubt it's as high capacity as 7000ml, and even 5000 is pushing it.

But 3000 isn't bad by any means.
And it certainly looks the part of most modern baby diaper looking replica (cloth version)

Sheepies said:
Very much doubt it's as high capacity as 7000ml, and even 5000 is pushing it.

But 3000 isn't bad by any means.
And it certainly looks the part of most modern baby diaper looking replica (cloth version)

Yeah, that's why I said "looks like" as in it has a similar print to the one I seen posted on Twitter and I know anybody can claim anything, but claims don't mean much until you know if they are being realistic or way exaggerating.

I would expect it to probably be something in the listed 3-4L capacity with a realistic capacity of probably half that, that's where a lot of good diapers seem to be around.

Cute! I don't know why they're called Neva because I definitely wouldn't say nevah to them!

Chinese numbers. ;) Kinda like New York Minutes, they're completely relative to nothing.

But they have a habit of exaggerating anyhow. Everything I see on Amazon being sold by a firm in China says "TOP QUALITY. BEST QUALITY." When sometimes it's pretty obvious that it's not that great. XD But hey, sometimes they have exactly what you didn't know you were looking for!

On the subject of the diapers, they DO look just like a modern baby diaper. If it weren't for the double tapes, I wouldn't believe it was an adult product.

Wow on YouTube as well

These looks like they are actually like modern baby diapers! I wanna try!

CuddleWoozle said:
Chinese numbers. ;) Kinda like New York Minutes, they're completely relative to nothing.

But they have a habit of exaggerating anyhow. Everything I see on Amazon being sold by a firm in China says "TOP QUALITY. BEST QUALITY." When sometimes it's pretty obvious that it's not that great. XD But hey, sometimes they have exactly what you didn't know you were looking for!

On the subject of the diapers, they DO look just like a modern baby diaper. If it weren't for the double tapes, I wouldn't believe it was an adult product.
Speaking of Amazon I hope they show up there. I'd totally buy a pack of the cloth backed for play time

They certainly look neat, I've always said if I could get the Magnfico design at an actually affordable price I'd wear nothing else, and if I could get one that used the ABU Preschool Cloth backing it would just be the best AB diaper on the market by default.

hmmm that's almost certainly velcro. Does remind me of the magnifico...

bambinod said:
hmmm that's almost certainly velcro. Does remind me of the magnifico...

Certainly looked like they have both a plastic backed version with taping panel and 2 tapes per side and a cloth like backed version with hook and loop tabs, I didn’t think they looked hybrid like the Magnificos (mind you that might be me wanting them to look different since I can’t wear Magnificos.)

Argent said:
Certainly looked like they have both a plastic backed version with taping panel and 2 tapes per side and a cloth like backed version with hook and loop tabs, I didn’t think they looked hybrid like the Magnificos (mind you that might be me wanting them to look different since I can’t wear Magnificos.)

I think they have two versions of it, one that's more hybrid like Magnifico and one that's cloth backed. At least that's the impression I'm getting.

They do look like they might be fun.

Someone who lived in China and was working with the government to open up foreign trade in the 1990s once told me that it's customary and expected for a seller to exaggerate their claims on a product, usually to absurd levels when trying to sell you a product. The buyer expects this, and is suppose to counter those claims with insults to the product's quality.

Honorable Merchant: Good Sir, can I interest you in this Fine silk blouse? It was hand made by Buddhist virgins from enchanted silkworms who were hand fed lavender pedals and massaged thrice daily. See how the light shimmers off the sleeves? they capture moonlight and weave it into the fibers themselves. it will give you nice dreams and you will surely catch the eye of a rich lover in this! For you, I'll make a deal. One time only, 1000 Yen!
Honored Consumer: That Rag? I'll give you 500 Yen for it and I'll burn it for you, if you throw in a glove so I don't have to touch it.
Honorable Merchant: Good Sir, you wound me. Is this this not the most radiant Yellow coloring you have ever seen? They use a secret process to pull Sunshine into their dye pots and give the silk it's brilliant hue. Surely this is a great bargain at 800 yen!
Honored Consumer: It's the color of dog piss and smells much worse. this rag can't be worth more than 650 yen.
Honorable Merchant: Good Sir, that's low. My own mother is one of the virgins who wove this. My children are starving, and the landlord will evict us if I can't sell it for at least 750 yen!
Honored Consumer: 700?
Honorable Merchant: Yeah, all right. Cash or charge?

That's how the bargaining process goes. In that street market culture, If the seller didn't totally exaggerate their claims, it would be seen as a great insult to the buyer. It would be as if the buyer wasn't worth the seller's respect or time. The more elaborate and absurd the exaggeration, the more the seller has respect for the buyer, and is investing time and effort into selling the product.

Total opposite of our western culture. And when Chinese markets opened up to the rest of the world, it came as a huge culture shock to the Chinese that we were insulted by what they considered honorable business practices. Their market culture has changed much in the last 20 years, but it's such a part of their culture, that it may never be gone.

The Chinese approach seems a bit funny to me, in the United States we get taught to be careful with our money and not believe any such exaggerations, so if anything it seems to us that people using those tactics are trying to sell junk as treasures ripping would buyers off.

And too often in the US and online if you are the least bit gullible or fall for what turns out to be too low of a price you get ripped off badly.

Back to the Diaper though, hopefully quality is on par with looks because more sellers and more variety is always a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back