Tykables Pants/Jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacorn221

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey y'all,
So I've noticed Tykables is having a jeans/cargo pants sale and while I love the idea of the snaps, I was wondering if anyone had experience with them? My main concern is whether or not the snaps might pop open. I'm in college, so this would make changes so much easier, especially for pull ups, but don't want the snaps to randomly open.
I appreciate any insight!

I have a couple pairs of the Tykables jeans and and one pair of the cargo pants. The snaps are very good on both. They're heavy duty and they always stay snapped for me except for under very rare circumstances. The only time I've had the jeans open one or two of the snaps in the leg was when I've been out in the yard gardening, getting up and down from my hands and knees and really putting a lot of tension in the fabric. Just walking around, sitting and doing other normal activities I have no concerns. I'll wear them out for a walk, go to the store, go to a movie etc. and never have worried that the snaps would open up. Of the two types I really like the jeans best - they have a great elastic waistband and are made from stretchy, soft fabric that looks like old fashioned denim but feels much more comfortable. The cargo pants are also very good but for me the pockets are just a bit too big.

I have the cargo pants. They are top-notch; the snaps will NOT pop open on their own unless you're doing the sort of yard gymnastics LiteBrite describes.

Actually, they require a pretty substantial tug.

What I have a problem with is the waist ... the cargo pants won't stay up, even over a thick diaper. I have to wear a belt, which rather defeats the purpose.

However, they're a great product at a good price.

I would agree with NeverKnow about the seams over the snaps on the cargo pants - the seams do stand up quite a bit and don't seem very stealthy. I also wouldn't wear these out around people I know or even those that I don't. I like them for around the house only. However, I think the jeans are a bit better that way. The seams don't stand up nearly as much and the dark blue color tends to hide this more so they're less obvious to me. I think someone who knew they were snappy pants could see them, but if you are just walking around no one would particularly notice anything other than you're wearing jeans. I've worn the jeans to Starbucks, movie theaters, grocery stores with a diaper under them and never gotten a second glance.

I have both. I don't wear the pants much because they're not really that practical, but they DO have a wider fit in the crotch for a diaper. When worn in the cooler months, the wind whips right through the seams in the pants and they get chilly!

I like my cargo shorts much better. Good snaps, nice extra room below the belt, and they're solidly constructed.

Both of them have a very short zipper, and generous elastic in the back top for a comfortable/snug fit without needing to put on a belt if you don't want one.

The crotch and leg snaps aren't very discrete. Someone that's seen snap-crotch pants or shorts before would probably recognize the seam. It's got a bit of an unusual geometry in the crotch that catches the eye, but it's only really visible to someone sitting scross the way from you and facing you.

I don't wear them for "the convenience of easier changes due to the snaps" - I wear them for the increased room for a thick diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back